RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
Speaking of videogames, I'm so disappointed in the VTMB 2 re reveal trailer that just released. It's still too early to say just yet but making us an Elder Vampire now ruins it, for me.
Wait why? Looks wise FOR SURE I don't want to be an old looking fuck. But lore wise I'd love to be an ancient ass Grand Vampire that just woke up to a new world. Most of all looking to destroy Seattle, I hate my city.

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
Well his number one complaint was the planets all being empty followed by bugs (the usual bethesda fashion) and the AI being dogshit.
I thought as much. Hype never ceases to amaze me. It's why I enjoyed BG3; I pirated the Early Access to test the Tutorial and feel of the game (cause games nowadays DON'T have any more fucking demos so they can hide their bullshit). Best purchase I've made this year.

necromater

Aug 21, 2018
Thank god for baldurs gate 3 and now this crap game show again the triple A devs don't know the fuck they are doing i had to modify the config by hand so the game could run got bored really fast

Reactions: RonaldGrand6969

necromater

Aug 21, 2018
Meh gonna sit and wait for rogue trader after i end my baldurs gate play because i mod the tactician mode so much that every battle it's hard as fuck Lol owlbear orbital strike incoming XD

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Wait why? Looks wise FOR SURE I don't want to be an old looking fuck. But lore wise I'd love to be an ancient ass Grand Vampire that just woke up to a new world. Most of all looking to destroy Seattle, I hate my city.
Because, for me, it destroys the role playing aspect. Elder Vampires are a big deal. If they move, everyone knows. There's a ton of respect that comes with their power as well. What fun is in that? It's more exciting to be a random nobody who's building up his reputation vs being in an established position with powers that likely surpass a lot of the cast. You can't be a nobody or have a "blank slate".

It's still speculation for now, as they haven't shown the social aspect and how the clans and stuff are going to work. But I'm personally not thrilled to be at the top from the start. It's equivalent to playing this game as a Level 5 from the start. It sounds cool at first but then you realize most of the enemies don't get passed Level 3 in power.

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
Because, for me, it destroys the role playing aspect. Elder Vampires are a big deal. If they move, everyone knows. There's a ton of respect that comes with their power as well. What fun is in that? It's more exciting to be a random nobody who's building up his reputation vs being in an established position with powers that likely surpass a lot of the cast. You can't be a nobody or have a "blank slate".

It's still speculation for now, as they haven't shown the social aspect and how the clans and stuff are going to work. But I'm personally not thrilled to be at the top from the start. It's equivalent to playing this game as a Level 5 from the start. It sounds cool at first but then you realize most of the enemies don't get passed Level 3 in power.
No I get that for sure, but you may be overthinking it. Every game usually starts you off as a nobody in order for you to build your skills obviously.

I'm ASSUMING we'll be a Grand Master that was hidden away, perhaps no one even knows of us. That long rest however weakened us or the events leading up to it did and so throughout the game you are regaining your prestige & power. I think of it like Prototype, I'm still a god amongst men, but I'm not MAXED out yet; I can still BE more.

If it's like I think it is I'm all for being a hidden chess piece with no allegiance that can shift the balance of the board at any time, after getting my bearings (building my lvl) of course.

Forgive me though I'm not familiar with the Masquerade universe/lore, I could be totally wrong obviously :LOL:
Is it possible for Grand Vamps to be injured to a state that they have to rest for long periods? I'm assuming not easily of course but IS it possible?

Reactions: Sayajin2205

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018

Honestly they're gonna have to pull some shit out of their arses to not make shit a power fantasy...which is hard to do considering what the player is going to be playing as.

They could pull some half ass plot device in which makes player weak...for whatever reason but then its like...bruh why even make us an elder vamp anyway if ur just gonna snatch away whats cool bout em.

Base game we could work our way up as a nobody to somebody and in DLC we play as another character (Elder vampire) and really let fuckin loose on shit.

Reactions: DrakoGhoul

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
I'm ASSUMING we'll be a Grand Master that was hidden away, perhaps no one even knows of us. That long rest however weakened us or the events leading up to it did and so throughout the game you are regaining your prestige & power. I think of it like Prototype, I'm still a god amongst men, but I'm not MAXED out yet; I can still BE more.
Reminds me of my old D&D campaign where we had a whole scale for gods.

One of the lowest for gods was 'forgotten god' yeah they are forgotten by the world and are weaker than just about every other god (including Demi gods) but they are still a god and have strength to back it up to some degree (they could climb their way back up in power and recognition but was a challenge).

My players had some fun with that one.

• Red Heart

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
No I get that for sure, but you may be overthinking it. Every game usually starts you off as a nobody in order for you to build your skills obviously.

If it's like I think it is I'm all for being a hidden chess piece with no allegiance that can shift the balance of the board at any time, after getting my bearings (building my lvl) of course.

Forgive me though I'm not familiar with the Masquerade universe/lore, I could be totally wrong obviously :LOL:
Is it possible for Grand Vamps to be injured to a state that they have to rest for long periods? I'm assuming not easily of course but IS it possible?
From my understanding, Elder Vampires aren't that weakened, even after being awoken after a long time. You also can't be lowkey. It's not really a blank slate because everyone knows how powerful an Elder is. If you show up in their city, it's a huge deal exactly because of how powerful you are.

Look at the previous trailers for the game from 2 years or so ago. You're at the bottom, as a thin blood, working your way up and getting cozy with Vampire Clans. None of that can happen in this reboot now. You're older than some of them and much more powerful. You also won't be taking quests or anything of the sorts from little groups.

Honestly they're gonna have to pull some shit out of their arses to not make shit a power fantasy...which is hard to do considering what the player is going to be playing as.

They could pull some half ass plot device in which makes player weak...for whatever reason but then its like...bruh why even make us an elder vamp anyway if ur just gonna snatch away whats cool bout em.

Base game we could work our way up as a nobody to somebody and in DLC we play as another character (Elder vampire) and really let fuckin loose on shit.
Right? Why would they make us strong from the start like this? That's on top of this being done by a new developer entirely. I'm not sure about how knowledgeable they are in VTMB or anything Vampire related. There's tons of footage from the previous Bloodlines 2 before the changes. All of that old stuff with socializing and stuff is probably dead now. This is also a mini reboot, if you didn't know already. At first we were going to play as a thin blood but that's not the case anymore. The new devs decided to change us to an Elder and their first showing is how strong we'll be and how fast pace our combat is now compared to the older footage.

It's still too early to say though. We'll have to wait until early next year for more details.

necromater

Aug 21, 2018
Man so the dickheads that tried to say bg3 was not the New meta XD even when is really like the old meta because the actual meta suck ballsssssss
Gonna say that starfield is a new jewel in the game history XD fucking sell outs

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
From my understanding, Elder Vampires aren't that weakened, even after being awoken after a long time. You also can't be lowkey. It's not really a blank slate because everyone knows how powerful an Elder is. If you show up in their city, it's a huge deal exactly because of how powerful you are.

Look at the previous trailers for the game from 2 years or so ago. You're at the bottom, as a thin blood, working your way up and getting cozy with Vampire Clans. None of that can happen in this reboot now. You're older than some of them and much more powerful. You also won't be taking quests or anything of the sorts from little groups.

Right? Why would they make us strong from the start like this? That's on top of this being done by a new developer entirely. I'm not sure about how knowledgeable they are in VTMB or anything Vampire related. There's tons of footage from the previous Bloodlines 2 before the changes. All of that old stuff with socializing and stuff is probably dead now. This is also a mini reboot, if you didn't know already. At first we were going to play as a thin blood but that's not the case anymore. The new devs decided to change us to an Elder and their first showing is how strong we'll be and how fast pace our combat is now compared to the older footage.

It's still too early to say though. We'll have to wait until early next year for more details.
Would they know though? I'm assuming there would be records of most Grandmasters but if we're as old as you say there's a chance we were asleep longer than most of the ones that are alive in the city or even remember the (potentially lost) records.

You do make a good point though it would be stupid to be some ancient thousand year old vampire only to be tossed into fetch quests for people as old as a spec of your lifespan :ROFLMAO:

I dunno, I guess I'm just trying to make some sense of it for you (and myself if everything you've said is true).

It would be like a Lvl 5 in Superhuman showing up out of the blue amongst a city ruled by Lvl 1s-3s?

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Would they know though? I'm assuming there would be records of most Grandmasters but if we're as old as you say there's a chance we were asleep longer than most of the ones that are alive in the city or even remember the (potentially lost) records.

You do make a good point though it would be stupid to be some ancient thousand year old vampire only to be tossed into fetch quests for people as old as a spec of your lifespan :ROFLMAO:

I dunno, I guess I'm just trying to make some sense of it for you (and myself if everything you've said is true).

It would be like a Lvl 5 in Superhuman showing up out of the blue amongst a city ruled by Lvl 1s-3s?
Think of Elder Vampires as rulers for Vampires. You're not a follower. You're a leader. You're feared and respected. They can tell you're an Elder because you're over 200 years old at that point. It shows, visually and they can sense it, if I'm not mistaken.

Unless the game is based around you leading a bunch of Vampires, you wouldn't be doing fetching and stuff. The opposite would be happening, in fact. You're the one that gives orders and so on. That's the status that comes with being an Elder. Sure, they can rebel but they'll likely die. Now you can see the problem with this reboot. An Elder Vampire not only has physical power but power in vampire society as well. Even a "forgotten" Elder would be a problem for everyone involved let alone one from the Major Clans, which our Elder will be from.

To do what you're suggesting, basically being anonymous and hiding our power, would basically make it pointless to be an elder in the first place. The stuff they would throw at us would be underwhelming as soon as we recovered, which wouldn't take many feedings to accomplish. It would also lead directly into the same problem of our status being too high for quests. No Elder would lower themselves for younger vampires and younger vampires would be too scared to boss around an older vampire. Basically, it wouldn't make sense for either side.

That's why I said we'll have to wait and see how they set it up. The roleplaying aspect is what I'm dreading the most because of this change.

• Red Heart

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
I swear these god damn Tieflings......
I play the Hero in BG3 through Dark methods (using ilithid powers, necromancy, no mercy, etc). But after saving these god damn Tieflings and Gnomes 30 times over I swear to God!

Reminds me of Superhuman, we do a LOT of helping in this fucking game with little in return. Amber, Liz, Mia, Angelina, all of H.E.R.O, Demi, Clover, Nikki, DERYL, JAKE, Jess, Emily, our HS friends (can't remember their names rn), Brianna, etc etc.

But the ONLY people that actually returned the favor other than through sex are Michael & Alice. Our helping ain't easy either, we literally are used like a shapeshifting Fleshlight for these fuckin people. Klaus cutting us in half, Valravn beating the SHIT out of us to the point of near death, Jake blowing up our brain a dozen times and forcing us in prison only to walk out on his problems for us to clean it up for him, Deryl burning us alive, aciding us, etc etc, Danica putting a big fucking cross on our body we had to C U T out, Kenny nearly murdering us, Ella being the cause for half the people on this list and sending or influencing them at us, etc etc, list goes on.

I save these fucking Tieflings from a god damn Goblin INVASION, and some of these snot nose brats STILL make me pay for shit, doubt me, or altogether just start out aggressively (Last Light Inn).

Sorry this was just a rant, only got to the startish of the 2nd Act so no spoilers on the BG3 front please. Just had to point out how much shit we get in video games no matter how good. It's not just a Superhuman and BG3 problem (i.e Dragonborn privilege).

Last edited:

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Well shit, we went way off topic. Time to get back to this game and move pass my possible grievances with this new reveal of VTMB2.

I got an interesting take cooking but it'll have to wait for now. I might have to download the game again and do a bit of research first. I'll drop a hint that it'll involve Dark Boy aka the 7th and a certain waifu. If it's not posted here in the next hour then I likely didn't download the game or fell asleep. Maybe even both.

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Think of Elder Vampires as rulers for Vampires. You're not a follower. You're a leader. You're feared and respected. They can tell you're an Elder because you're over 200 years old at that point. It shows, visually and they can sense it, if I'm not mistaken.

Unless the game is based around you leading a bunch of Vampires, you wouldn't be doing fetching and stuff. The opposite would be happening, in fact. You're the one that gives orders and so on. That's the status that comes with being an Elder. Sure, they can rebel but they'll likely die. Now you can see the problem with this reboot. An Elder Vampire not only has physical power but power in vampire society as well. Even a "forgotten" Elder would be a problem for everyone involved let alone one from the Major Clans, which our Elder will be from.

To do what you're suggesting, basically being anonymous and hiding our power, would basically make it pointless to be an elder in the first place. The stuff they would throw at us would be underwhelming as soon as we recovered, which wouldn't take many feedings to accomplish. It would also lead directly into the same problem of our status being too high for quests. No Elder would lower themselves for younger vampires and younger vampires would be too scared to boss around an older vampire. Basically, it wouldn't make sense for either side.

That's why I said we'll have to wait and see how they set it up. The roleplaying aspect is what I'm dreading the most because of this change.
A bit off topic but I wouldn't mind a VTM game thats styled similar to XCOM or the total war games. Playin as an elder vamp would make much more sense in such a game...since ya know you are the one one leading others.

Shittttt paradox interactive is sitting on some strategy game potential with VTM they need to hop on it.

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes