EienYagami

Apr 6, 2023
It has already happened during the Battle of the Diamonds. MC accepting the eye's proposal to reach his final evolution by letting it be reborn.
Not exactly what I meant but close enough I suppose. MC didn't really know what he was getting into with that one. Even the eye said something like "did you not undertand". I was personally looking for failing a natural evo because of high corruption or outside interfearance. The eye scene also takes a fair bit of setup from the players part. I just thought it'd be cool have 1 or 2 more evo faliures since we are getting high up there and it's supposed to be more dificult/dangerous the higher you go.

hornywolf

Sep 7, 2020
Not exactly what I meant but close enough I suppose. MC didn't really know what he was getting into with that one. Even the eye said something like "did you not undertand". I was personally looking for failing a natural evo because of high corruption or outside interfearance. The eye scene also takes a fair bit of setup from the players part. I just thought it'd be cool have 1 or 2 more evo faliures since we are getting high up there and it's supposed to be more dificult/dangerous the higher you go.
I don't think they will make an evo fail over corruption cause it's like a genocide and pacif route in Undertale right? I think it's more the case of "Becoming a monster" by the means of moral not the literal sense.
You know just like in infamous or spiderman web of shadows, Or wolf among us or other decision based games.

I think the punishment of "Corruption run" is less about failing an winning and more about slowly destroying all your ties with people around you and putting yourself in a position that now you are killing them because you are sensless monster.
We can see that in other characters that have high corruption they lack all sympathy and only care about one or two person that if it came down to it they would most likely kill

hornywolf

Sep 7, 2020
Devlog 68 (Next Week)

Gotta postpone the update about a week, sorry about that. Here's a little tease of what's coming to tide you over.
A new monster, and a slightly redesigned monster. Both fairly important in their own ways.

I really was hoping to play the update this weekend :cry:
Damn he probably was too busy playing Spider man 2 and worshiping Venom's design
Valid reason tbh

EienYagami

Apr 6, 2023
I don't think they will make an evo fail over corruption cause it's like a genocide and pacif route in Undertale right? I think it's more the case of "Becoming a monster" by the means of moral not the literal sense.
You know just like in infamous or spiderman web of shadows, Or wolf among us or other decision based games.

I think the punishment of "Corruption run" is less about failing an winning and more about slowly destroying all your ties with people around you and putting yourself in a position that now you are killing them because you are sensless monster.
We can see that in other characters that have high corruption they lack all sympathy and only care about one or two person that if it came down to it they would most likely kill
hmm I wonder if the dev will force us to kill off characters or at least act more violent with player choices because of high corruption :unsure: like yk because of high courrption the dev forces us to kill off 50+ guards or somthing and if you have low corruption you get to choose how you deal with the guards.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
hmm I wonder if the dev will force us to kill off characters or at least act more violent with player choices because of high corruption :unsure: like yk because of high courrption the dev forces us to kill off 50+ guards or somthing and if you have low corruption you get to choose how you deal with the guards.
Personally, I think it's time for high corruption to finally have some negative effects...

KKStrider

Mar 26, 2020
I wonder if Jared even could show up in the MC's head. If you eat Danica, it'll be whilst she's a level 2 and the MC's only a level 1. And whilst Jake also shows up in his mind, he's the chosen of an apostle and the same level as the MC when you eat him. I'm fairly certain power plays a role in who ends up inside your head. Depending on when you kill him, I'm not sure Jared would even have enough power accumulated to establish himself in the MC's consciousness. Kenny the Infected monster gets purged, and I'm fairly certain the lower level Superhuman security guard from 0.96 gets purged too if you eat him.

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
What do you mean by that?
Are all the bonuses that you have not enough for you?

With high corruption you can:

1) Understand monster speech.
2) Talk to the dead.
3) Absorb monsters.
4) You get extra points of power.

There are no negatives to it.
But if we look at goth mommy, the only "negative" is apathy which is obsolete as this is a player-driven game, we can select choices. I mean you could block the choices because of high corruption but it doesn't kinda work out because high corruption doesn't make you a killing machine. It's just "drives away your humanity" but you still free to make any choice you want.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
But if we look at goth mommy, the only "negative" is apathy which is obsolete as this is a player-driven game, we can select choices. I mean you could block the choices because of high corruption but it doesn't kinda work out because high corruption doesn't make you a killing machine. It's just "drives away your humanity" but you still free to make any choice you want.
Speaking of blocking options, I kind of don't understand why a character with low corruption is blocked from absorbing monsters. It's definitely not that he isn't capable of it. It looks like you really need to start collecting corruption early on, because later on you'll be blocked from even collecting it...

And as I wrote here earlier, there are options where it would make sense that only a sufficiently pure character is capable of them. You can hardly expect to succeed in purification Bailey when you yourself are corrupted like hell...

XX-topic

Jul 12, 2022
What do you mean by that?
Are all the bonuses that you have not enough for you?

With high corruption you can:

1) Understand monster speech.
2) Talk to the dead.
3) Absorb monsters.
4) You get extra points of power.

There are no negatives to it.
as a possible negative to a dialogue between MC and the female captain she mention to avoid absorbing monsters because you might end having some malformed members or bad to the eye mutations like the horns the other bald captain have....

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
as a possible negative to a dialogue between MC and the female captain she mention to avoid absorbing monsters because you might end having some malformed members or bad to the eye mutations like the horns the other bald captain have....
MC does not have a fixed form :)

MC is a shapeless pool of black slime with a small core inside.
The fact that he can look as he want is his power.
So he cannot be cursed by ugly appearance.

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes