Artur204

Jul 17, 2020
Is that an image from the game? and if so how did you get it?
Pick the left path when you reach the cave with Deryl at the battle of diamonds it could also be the right path. I don't know it has been some time since I played. Just go for the path without the red-eyed monster

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
i agree, i even pointed out the discrepancies and then he proceeded to show me the models he based the 3d models off of and could tell right away that the 3d models didnt even have the right subtlety's of the original, or didnt even bother to try and make them have their distinction besides their hair color/length. if your going to try and make something better[that you think is better] at least make it actually better and look like the actual char's with everything that make them THEM.
Wow.

First off, I always read them as Identical Twins. So I made them as such. I even tried to make them have a similar expression. I used the limited resources I could; to do the best I could.
Second: I'm not trying to make them look "better", I really like the game and wanted to do fan art. That's all.
I don't care if you don't like it. But No need to shit talk. If you think you can do better, I'd like to see you try.

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
No offense, Amber and Liz's Daz 3d models are very generic...
I prefer the author's unique artistic style that gives great charm to the story.

Greetings
It's no biggie. yeah, I like their art style too. I'm just used to playing VNs that have a more 3d or "realistic" design. I just wanted to see how it'd look with a diff style. I'm def not a great artist (I think I'm pretty sub-par tbh) but I think I did ok. I'm happy other people like it at least.

The twins are some of my fav of the girls. Ella is nice kuz I dated a girl just like her, and so is Emily. This game has an abundance of sexy Goth girls lol

Last edited:

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
Thats amazing, saying from a daz enthusiast, it would be amazing to do a remake in daz, mixed with authors art style.
same, tyvm. yeah I'd love to see a remake. I'd def love to see this game in a 3d environ with realistic raytracing and camera angles. But hey, the dev has their own style and idk their budget and artistic skill level, maybe this is what they're good at and if they're happy, I'm happy.

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
No offense, Amber and Liz's Daz 3d models are very generic...
I prefer the author's unique artistic style that gives great charm to the story.

Greetings
it is what it is, some people like my style, others don't. I work in 3d. it's just the medium that works best for me. Like I can't paint in 2d, but give me a 3d modelling program or painting program like substance painter or daz and I can try to do my best.

• Angry
Reactions: YouShallNotLol

Sayajin2205

Apr 21, 2022
same, tyvm. yeah I'd love to see a remake. I'd def love to see this game in a 3d environ with realistic raytracing and camera angles. But hey, the dev has their own style and idk their budget and artistic skill level, maybe this is what they're good at and if they're happy, I'm happy.
The fights and Mc's shapeshifting or other flashy things are the real problem they can't be done easily on 3d especially with a limited budget

Reactions: GaRbS and myst0501

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
I don't think it's a good idea to jump from hand-drawn 2d to 3d. You lose a lot of artistic essence.
Imagine if Ghibli Remake their movies on 3d. I mean... just look at Earwig and the Witch.
What's weird is that you have Ni No Kuni, the game series, that does look good in 3d but they can't make that transition to movies.

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
The fights and Mc's shapeshifting or other flashy things are the real problem they can't be done easily on 3d especially with a limited budget
you'd have to do a whole transformation animation with morphing geometry, I think if you had the base model and another of the Venom form, you can do the transition. but the whole tentacles and organic weapons would have to be a whole other moveable model.

There are these tentacles from that I think could work with a recolor, but idk. I was thinking of remaking that scene with Emily(MC) tentacle raping himself, but I'm lazy lol

emtent6.png

Last edited:
Reactions: John Doe Jr.

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
I don't think it's a good idea to jump from hand-drawn 2d to 3d. You lose a lot of artistic essence.
Imagine if Ghibli Remake their movies on 3d. I mean... just look at Earwig and the Witch.
What's weird is that you have Ni No Kuni, the game series, that does look good in 3d but they can't make that transition to movies.
depends on the artist. most great scenes blend 2d and 3d. I just prefer 3d kuz I've been spoiled with Baulder's gate 3 and Cyberpunk Phantom Liberty. I hope one day I can be that good.

Most of my stuff is here, but you gotta search me up. I don't post as much, mostly on discord

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
Hello there

to be frank I don't think they were trying to "IMPROVE" the art
It feel like a harmles reimagining of the characters. more like "Oh guys look at how Liz and Amber look more animated".
We all love the art style of Superhuman and th artist work as a whole.

I think this is the main reason why triple-A games suck because they never can make characters and story this appealing and really rare number of game like BG3 and Souls-like games like Blood Borne have reached the quality of character writing an story that some of these materpiece level Visualnovels have.
They have the polish and shininess of the high quality but theylack the soul
Pretty much. I just wanted to remake them in my style. I even did an Emily, but Daz crashed and I lost the model :cry:.

But that's kinda how it is, people get all in their feels when you try to redraw a character they like. It's just Fan Art, no one is trying to replace the dev. Sure, I'd love to see this game be more dynamic with it's camera angles and have animation, but maybe that's not in the dev's wheelhouse. I'd love to teach them Daz and see what they can do!

Ir0n Ma1den

Jun 15, 2021
Yeahh but imagine if the dev mixes his own style with thoe renders lololol. One correction to them, is to make the slightly thiccer.

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
Yes but they are too thinn, look at the drawing and compare it to your version. BTW what character did u use??
ah yeah, I tried to de-bimbo-fy them. all the girls in the game have like HH-cups. Their proportions are all over the place. One look at all the girls and you can tell the dev likes gigantic tits and corset crunched waists. I feel bad for the girl's backs lol jk

Mine look athletic but curvy. kinda wish I made the arms more muscular. swimmers have really strong arms and legs from all the ... swimming lol

jhose15xs

Sep 1, 2017
Devlog 68 (Next Week)

Gotta postpone the update about a week, sorry about that. Here's a little tease of what's coming to tide you over.
A new monster, and a slightly redesigned monster. Both fairly important in their own ways.

I really was hoping to play the update this weekend :cry:
damm boy, those looks like demons of slanesh tbh

Ir0n Ma1den

Jun 15, 2021
ah yeah, I tried to de-bimbo-fy them. all the girls in the game have like HH-cups. Their proportions are all over the place. One look at all the girls and you can tell the dev likes gigantic tits and corset crunched waists. I feel bad for the girl's backs lol jk

Mine look athletic but curvy. kinda wish I made the arms more muscular. swimmers have really strong arms and legs from all the ... swimming lol
Well they are too thinn, I don't ask you to go overboard with the boob size, but make them more athletic curvy and expend their boob size by 1 or 2 cups at least.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ArturiousDesign
4.80 star(s) 346 Votes