Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
See I read that as well which is what's making the whole thing confusing for me. I'm sure it could be some kind of plot hole or whatever, but I find it weird that monsters know who the 7th is but don't know the true identity of The Lord of Dark. I feel like if the 7th was The Apostle Devourer, the other apostles would have done something about him.
Some things to keep in mind:
1) The Lord of the Dark is supposed to be the Apostle Devourer. Not the 7th. According to Aglaecwif, LotD is a higher being.
2) Thus it's a fair theory that the LotD devoured the 7th. Not the other way around.
3) From deadend3 it's fair to conclude that Apostles aren't capable of beating the LotD, at least 1v1.
4) The Apostles are not necessarily friendly to each other, we don't really know exactly how their politics work.
5) Monsters know in principle who the 7th is but they aren't privy to Apostle affairs.
6) The only known monster with the Dark trait and an actual connection to his "lord" is Valravn, and through the dialogue we can deduce that he doesn't have a clue where his lord is and what he is doing.

AtomicAtom2021

Aug 30, 2023
1) The Lord of the Dark is supposed to be the Apostle Devourer. Not the 7th. According to Aglaecwif, LotD is a higher being.
2) Thus it's a fair theory that the LotD devoured the 7th. Not the other way around.
3) From deadend3 it's fair to conclude that Apostles aren't capable of beating the LotD, at least 1v1.
4) The Apostles are not necessarily friendly to each other, we don't really know exactly how their politics work.
5) Monsters know in principle who the 7th is but they aren't privy to Apostle affairs.
6) The only known monster with the Dark trait and an actual connection to his "lord" is Valravn, and through the dialogue we can deduce that he doesn't have a clue where his lord is and what he is doing.
Ok that does make sense. Now that I look back at it, its said near the beginning of the story that the "later numbers" of the apostles are already dead. That would imply that the 7th is actually dead wouldn't it? Then theres what happened to team Kronos. The Lord of Dark may have already killed the 5th as well, or have the means to easily do so.

Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
Damn brother, are you sure about the first two points?

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Damn brother, are you sure about the first two points?
Reasonably sure.

1) For the Apostle Devourer
Female "Then, there is the Lord of Dark. God Slayer. Apostle Devourer. It is often those originating from the ninth, the tenth and especially the seventh, that worship it, though thankfully I'm not so foolish."
2) For the power ranking, while it's not explicitly stated, there is a certain structure to how Aglaecwif presents these beings.
Apostles are the monsterkind ancestors.
LotD, Ocean and Outer Twins are worshipped as gods, and she thinks that those with any sense worship the Outer Twins, the "true gods" of the bunch.
The oldest monsters that have been around long enough to remember, worship the Arbiters.

She seems to group the entities based on their power, from weakest to strongest. This, along with deadend3 which shows that entity (who is assumed to be LotD) annihilating Memory in an instant, makes it clear that there isn't any comparison between them.

3) As for if the LotD devoured the 7th, we can't really know what happened between them, but if any devouring happened, the reasonable bet is that LotD did it, having the title and all.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
I can contribute an idea:
A power that can mind hack superhumans and make them believe with all their senses that they can no longer use their powers, believe their bodies get reverted back to the time before they are superhuman, thus render them super ineffective. They are aware that they are being mind hacked, and can try to make their powers work again, but no use. The effects of this power don't last forever, and will subside eventually, but it can make a superhuman near useless in critical moments. Their powers can still work subconciously, they only don't work conciously while under the effect.

The user of this power needs to touch to work the power. In future developments, this user can use the power from a distance. The user calls this power "Nulify power", while they are aware that their power is mind control type, not a real nullify type. In further developements, this user can share that they develop their power based on impressions from their meetings with possessor(s) of real nullify powers.

The nullify power user can become one of the key roles in the plot. MC can have choices: to agree with the nullify user and erase all superpowers and close "monter gates" (the gateways monsters use to come to human world). Or MC can disagree and ruin above plan and keep superpowers and monters in human world.
This is way too specific.
It is basically just jake's power but far far far more limited in scope and can only be used to do one singular sub-thing.
Superhuman powers start out versatile and then just develop new ways to express their power.

johnsmith001

Aug 10, 2018
This is way too specific.
It is basically just jake's power but far far far more limited in scope and can only be used to do one singular sub-thing.
Superhuman powers start out versatile and then just develop new ways to express their power.
In my idea, this is used to target superhumans, and the users support pro-human movements, to "normalise" superhumans.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
In my idea, this is used to target superhumans, and the users support pro-human movements, to "normalise" superhumans.
So what?
I didn't say it was weak or useless, I said that it was too overly specific. And being overly specific made it not fit the pattern of how superhuman powers work.

Additionally, this is literally something jake can already do.
Possibly Demi too if she levels up

Reactions: johnsmith001

JmTrad

Jun 2, 2018
Wait a minute, Is Troy's grandma that gilf that become superhuman in the infiltration arc?
i also thought that because she mentioned having kids and her powers made her look younger, but Troy is 30+ years old and Rina (the infiltration arc girl) is 49.

Nobles

Apr 15, 2022
defuq is with this shitty bad endings.. had an awesome figght with Ella, and then bam dead ending... Played the game a long itme ago when it wasnt far in and even then it had shitty endings. Its a real stain on this game, which could actually be good. I really thought the scene has been rewritten and was more badass (cause it was different from what I remembered)

Now im starting to remember why I lose motivating to play this way back. Shitty bad endings that just waste your time. Doesnt even dump you back at the choice, it just ends the game.. so if you didnt make back up saves... your fucked.

Still not a fan of everyone having huge overflated tits, but it is what it is /shrugs

Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
defuq is with this shitty bad endings.. had an awesome figght with Ella, and then bam dead ending... Played the game a long itme ago when it wasnt far in and even then it had shitty endings. Its a real stain on this game, which could actually be good. I really thought the scene has been rewritten and was more badass (cause it was different from what I remembered)

Now im starting to remember why I lose motivating to play this way back. Shitty bad endings that just waste your time. Doesnt even dump you back at the choice, it just ends the game.. so if you didnt make back up saves... your fucked.

Still not a fan of everyone having huge overflated tits, but it is what it is /shrugs
skill issue

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
When you're at the beginning of the game, it's easy to assume Ella isn't all that powerful and that the MC could have stood a chance. However, when you get to the frat party stuff and see the park scene, you'll realize she was just toying with you the whole time. Even more than she was during the apartment fight. Especially when you learn about the difference between the evolution levels and the monster that killed you on that dead end.

MC stood absolutely no chance there. That's also why that dead end is still one of the greatest in the game besides "eye guy". It showed that MC is at the very bottom and whatever power you thought he gained was nothing is the face of Ella. Even showing that she's nothing in the face of the 4th before the 7th showed up. Once he's there, it showed that his sister wasn't much as well.

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes