Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
If you are looking for good writing, and worldbuilding then I would recommend:
- Muv-Luv Series (Muv-Luv which contains Extra and Unlimited, Muv-Luv Alternative, Muv-Luv Total Eclipse, Muv-Luv Phontonflowers, Muv-Luv Phontonmelodies, Muv-Luv The Day After)
- When They Cry (Higurashi, Umineko, Ciconia)
- Dies Irae
- Muramasa (Warning as it is quite dark)
- Fate Series (Fate/Stay Night, Unlimited Blade Works Movie, Fate/zero)
- SciADV (Chaos;Head NoAH, Steins;Gate, Robotics;Notes Elite, Steins;Gates 0, Robotics;Notes DaSH, Chaos;Child, Occultic;Nine, Anonymous;Code)
- Baldr Sky
- Rewrite as mentioned above
- Infinity series (7/17/11/12 as Never7, Ever17, Remember11, 12Riven)
- Tsukihime
- Dangnaronpa series (Fun)
- Utawarerumono series (Prelude to the Fallen, Mask of Deception, Mas of Truth, Monochrome Mobius)
- Grisaia Trilogy
- Majikoi series
- Fata Morgana Series

Now, from this side of the world, I would recommend:
- Mad World
- Out of Touch
- Monster Girls Quest
- Divine Dawn
- Companion of Darkness is really green but shaping nicely
Thanks for the suggestions. Companion of Darkness really hit the spot, turned out way better than I expected.

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
we also have the dream part :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I think the only one other than Shen would be Demi since part of her/his power is illusion.

Thanks for the suggestions. Companion of Darkness really hit the spot, turned out way better than I expected.
If you like good writing and enjoy RPGMaker Last Sovereign is really worth to try.

Reactions: Gtdead

doujinftw

Nov 26, 2020
feel like Mc is underutilize his transformation ability just for plot, remember when he 1st start learning his ability and he can turn into a fly? he could just get small and enter through any of the of his target orifices and then just expand from the inside and pop them open, no need for all these smashing,slashing,or piercing. Lots of his enemies don't even bother with defending themselves they're a wide open for such an attack.

Reactions: Doom Marine

Moniker13

Jun 19, 2018
feel like Mc is underutilize his transformation ability just for plot, remember when he 1st start learning his ability and he can turn into a fly? he could just get small and enter through any of the of his target orifices and then just expand from the inside and pop them open, no need for all these smashing,slashing,or piercing. Lots of his enemies don't even bother with defending themselves they're a wide open for such an attack.
Maybe for assassination but in a fight he'd get his entire being obliterated by any attack.

Grimnir098

Jan 27, 2021
Compacting his mass into the body of a fly takes significant time, he can't do it in the middle of a battle.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I really can't think of many enemies that MC could pop from the inside.

Klaus: He wouldn't be able to make it past the barrier.
Danica: She could react to bullets. Without the trap tentacle, MC wasn't able to connect with her body. A single Kryq would erase him from existence.
Hydra Deryl: He did it with an optimized transformation and he had a lot of trouble burrowing through it. Deryl responded by shooting his own body. If MC was as small as a fly, he would probably get completely erased.

Jake; I'm not sure if Jake's passive would allow MC to do that, but this is probably the best candidate because MC had the surprise advantage.
Valravn: I mean, MC couldn't break his armor by turning into a giant and dropping like a comet. I doubt he would have enough power to pop him from within. If he could take him by surprise, perhaps it would be viable, at least to get a better shot at his heart, but once Valravn was aware of MC's position, I don't think it would be possible.

This attack would work well if the enemy wasn't aware of MC but this isn't the case for the majority of the fights. Only against Jake he had the surprise advantage.
Since he learned how to make spidersilk, such attacks are more viable, by throwing his harpoon and exploding it.

JmTrad

Jun 2, 2018
I still remember that dead end where mc dies if he turns into a fly in the mall. Lol

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
This attack would work well if the enemy wasn't aware of MC but this isn't the case for the majority of the fights.
I assume Jake's and other "mental powers" like shen would still work unless MC could take them fully by surprise (never show up as human only as fly) because he is still MC? The Jake fight would have ended by the army of people shooting towards a fly though :KEK:

Anybody with any kind of aoe ability of any kind except demi pretty much invalidates the fly idea

Reactions: Gtdead

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I assume Jake's and other "mental powers" like shen would still work unless MC could take them fully by surprise (never show up as human only as fly) because he is still MC? The Jake fight would have ended by the army of people shooting towards a fly though :KEK:

Anybody with any kind of aoe ability of any kind except demi pretty much invalidates the fly idea
Jake's powers certainly work even if MC is partially hidden from him. So yes, a complete surprise would be pretty much required for this to work.
The reason why I like this idea against Jake is because it could be a technicality that bypasses his passive.

For example,
If MC wants to harm Jake, he will have to deal with the passive, no matter if he attacks with surprise or not.
If MC just wants to fuck around as a fly and happens to enter Jake's ear, then transform into a giant and pop his head, could potentially bypass the passive, due to the lack of hostile thoughts.

Of course, arguing that this way of thinking would completely lack any hostile thoughts, is quite a stretch.
The rules governing Mental powers can be iffy even in the most consistent works.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Of course, arguing that this way of thinking would completely lack any hostile thoughts, is quite a stretch.
The rules governing Mental powers can be iffy even in the most consistent works.
I hadn't thought of that angle I don't think it would work at the time for the reasons you gave but I could see his spine offering a possible loophole since it's seemingly not consciously controlled anymore.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I hadn't thought of that angle I don't think it would work at the time for the reasons you gave but I could see his spine offering a possible loophole since it's seemingly not consciously controlled anymore.
This is a good point. After all the tails have proven to be capable of circumventing Shen's power.
Shen doesn't know that MC's tails are autonomous. Perhaps if he knew that, he could put each tail inside a fantasy and incapacitate them one by one, assuming that he is capable of affecting so many at the same time.
Of course then the question would be, what fantasy could Shen conjure to trap a tail? They may be autonomous, but are they truly sentient? Can they feel emotions etc? Interesting stuff.

Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
On the topic of the tails and the spine of the MC there is something that I learned some time ago but that I kept forgetting to talk about. Apparently WW studied some human biology beacuse it seems that in the actual reality us humans, and most probably every single vertebrate animal, use our spine as a sort of "second brain" for most instinctive actions like pulling away your hand from an hot surface in the split of a second, as the electric signals or whatever don't travel fast enough to reach the brain, formulate the thought, wait for the signals from the brain to finally pull away the hand. So it travels through the nervous system to the spine who acts more impulsively and more fast.

I explained it like shit but that's the basics, go search it if you want a clearer picture.

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes