Dmoll

Dec 18, 2022
I appreciate all of you taking your time to reply to my questions. I recently finished the game so I have more questions than answers.

Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
I appreciate all of you taking your time to reply to my questions. I recently finished the game so I have more questions than answers.
While this is quite alright and the norm you can also check the fan-made wiki:

It has every single information as it has been made by our most archivists kind of brothers, also some trivia and some instructions to various things.

If you have some vague doubts that you can't put into some kind of question try to hop on here and see if useful for you

Apr 17, 2024
I hope Ella doesn't know about the eye. This makes him all the more mysterious and terrifying. Knowing there's something inside us that is truly hidden from everyone, Ella, the heroes, the sins, planning who knows what behind the scenes, waiting to be unleashed. Also deus's attack went back in time to kill us before we became the arbiter? Is that what you're saying? Lmao.
Ella has some idea that something is going to possess or fuse with the MC, but I don't think she knows about the Eye specifically. Early in the game, right before she fights Clark and Lexi, the narration describes her inner monologue musing about her plans. Apparently she's looking for a host body for some entity to occupy, and is sad to think that the MC is the probably the best bet for that. But she doesn't appear to have any awareness of what exactly that entity is. She seems to think that potentially it could find a host in any strong enough superhuman, regardless of their monster parentage. The Eye, as far as we know, has a particular connection to the MC and the Third and Fourth Apostles. Which makes the Eye even more mysterious and terrifying, to me. It's convinced Ella that she should work towards its arrival, but without actually telling her anything about what it is.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
I hope Ella doesn't know about the eye. This makes him all the more mysterious and terrifying. Knowing there's something inside us that is truly hidden from everyone, Ella, the heroes, the sins, planning who knows what behind the scenes, waiting to be unleashed. Also deus's attack went back in time to kill us before we became the arbiter? Is that what you're saying? Lmao.
The eye just wants to be brought into the world its not even "evil" since on low corruption it doesnt go "nooo you will consume everything!!!!!" instead just saying well thats gonna be harder you better make sure you getting them relationship points up, and like I said we arent shown what happens when you have under 25 corruption so its not even for sure that they would go to fight deus, get ella etc

I think deus himself "went back in time" rather than attacking back in time but yes iirc MC couldnt regen the limbs because they just "werent ever there" from his perspective or something similar but like i said unless deus was lying his powers arent realted to time so we dont really know right now.

Thinking about it we see deus attack the tv head in the immaterial from the real world but he didnt attack the arbiter that way

Happy to discuss this game its one of the best on the site for fostering intresting disccusion

Reactions: Dmoll and JmTrad

Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
Thinking about it we see deus attack the tv head in the immaterial from the real world but he didnt attack the arbiter that way
Wait, I just thought of it now but if the Arbiter gets his "infinite mass" from the immaterial world and Deus can actually interact with it then isn't it possible for him to attack him at his origin? That would also explain why the limbs "were never there"

Apr 17, 2024
Wait, I just thought of it now but if the Arbiter gets his "infinite mass" from the immaterial world and Deus can actually interact with it then isn't it possible for him to attack him at his origin? That would also explain why the limbs "were never there"
That's certainly implied. The Eye/MC fusion's inner monologue describes its limitless power being cut off and its energy supply being returned to what it was before its ascension. Whatever Deus is doing, whether he's attacking through time or parallel dimensions or whatever, it can mess with a connection to the "higher planes".

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Simpgor

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Ella has some idea that something is going to possess or fuse with the MC, but I don't think she knows about the Eye specifically. Early in the game, right before she fights Clark and Lexi, the narration describes her inner monologue musing about her plans. Apparently she's looking for a host body for some entity to occupy, and is sad to think that the MC is the probably the best bet for that. But she doesn't appear to have any awareness of what exactly that entity is. She seems to think that potentially it could find a host in any strong enough superhuman, regardless of their monster parentage. The Eye, as far as we know, has a particular connection to the MC and the Third and Fourth Apostles. Which makes the Eye even more mysterious and terrifying, to me. It's convinced Ella that she should work towards its arrival, but without actually telling her anything about what it is.
The way the arbiter was talking makes me think it has a connection to MC and not the apostles specifically. If the eye was "evolution" (combo of body + memory) then him talking about how everything was better when there was "nothing" or "only him" (when he gets sent to space) or whatever doesnt really make sense? You would think "evolution" would want things to evolve past just them? Which kinda tracks with body/memory being willing to do a 50/50 split unlike the other apostles

I was thinking about that and i feel like the arbiter would have realized if they being attacked there? also deus vanishes (iirc?) but when he attacks the tv head from real world he just fires some lasers lol. Perhaps some sort of combination of "time travel" and the immaterial ? Or maybe deus is playing 4000d chess and was lying to MC during his training dream for....deus reasons :KEK:

Reactions: Dinoflaggelate

TheShelly

Dec 20, 2020
Someone or something that is omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent. When talking about superhuman, god or god's have to be something similar to that.
The Apostoles are Lesser Gods in the sense that they embody a fundamental part of the universe. For Example, Authority embodies universal structure, Power embodies the transfer, of all energies, Memory embodies all knowledge etc etc. Theyre all fragments of a greater being. Especially as they refer to themselves as "God's X" (God's Body, God's Memory...). The way I interpet the cosmology is that the Arbiters watch over each Apostle pair, like how Authority and Power are overseen and superceeded by Order, who makes sure the laws of physics dont get all wonky and cause the universe to collapse. The Arbiters themselves are still fragments of God, just bigger pieces than the Apostoles. The True God of the setting would be something like all the Arbiters and Apostoles combined.

Apr 17, 2024
The way the arbiter was talking makes me think it has a connection to MC and not the apostles specifically. If the eye was "evolution" (combo of body + memory) then him talking about how everything was better when there was "nothing" or "only him" (when he gets sent to space) or whatever doesnt really make sense? You would think "evolution" would want things to evolve past just them? Which kinda tracks with body/memory being willing to do a 50/50 split unlike the other apostles
Could be. I do think the Eye has more of a connection to the MC than it does the Third and Fourth. There's some implication that it and the MC are two pieces of the same being. It says "who can you trust, if not yourself" to him, but also bemoans getting stuck with him. There's also the judge monster in the Truth dream saying that the MC is incomplete, and if you merge with the Eye it's described as becoming complete. I don't know how some ancient proto-god supermonster and the MC are two parts of the same being, but that seems to be what's suggested.

As for it not liking being around matter, that seems to be a case of it being confused and not being able to recognize its surroundings. It perceives the matter as being born from it, but having gone through changes it doesn't understand, so everything is uncanny and unpleasant to it. Maybe it's not that it doesn't want things to have evolved, but that it wanted them to evolve a different way?

• Thinking Face

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
I don't know how some ancient proto-god supermonster and the MC are two parts of the same being, but that seems to be what's suggested.

As for it not liking being around matter, that seems to be a case of it being confused and not being able to recognize its surroundings. It perceives the matter as being born from it, but having gone through changes it doesn't understand, so everything is uncanny and unpleasant to it. Maybe it's not that it doesn't want things to have evolved, but that it wanted them to evolve a different way?
It could be whatever "bad stuff" syla took in over the years that caused her to fall out of 4ths favor? Them being more "wtf is this" rather than "destroy all" makes sense and is something I hadnt considered but that would also imply that they are "stuck/sealed" in a place that is even "futher" than the immaterial? I mean hell part of the immaterial city so the idea that everything and everyone is so foreign they need to wipe the slate clean (imo) only works if they are sealed and cant see/interact with anything other than MC during his trances (but not his memories of "life"), it could also be that it is only intresrted in its own (as "gods") evolution but then you kind of run into issues with order... they would seek to have order over themselves? only their offspring?

Reactions: Dinoflaggelate
Apr 17, 2024
It could be whatever "bad stuff" syla took in over the years that caused her to fall out of 4ths favor? Them being more "wtf is this" rather than "destroy all" makes sense and is something I hadnt considered but that would also imply that they are "stuck/sealed" in a place that is even "futher" than the immaterial? I mean hell part of the immaterial city so the idea that everything and everyone is so foreign they need to wipe the slate clean (imo) only works if they are sealed and cant see/interact with anything other than MC during his trances (but not his memories of "life"), it could also be that it is only intresrted in its own (as "gods") evolution but then you kind of run into issues with order... they would seek to have order over themselves? only their offspring?
I like the Syla theory. We know the MC isn't a proper 50/50 hybrid of Body and Memory because of that, so if the Eye is an Arbiter or even just Arbiter-adjacent, then its host body not being perfect could explain the problems it's having.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
I like the Syla theory. We know the MC isn't a proper 50/50 hybrid of Body and Memory because of that, so if the Eye is an Arbiter or even just Arbiter-adjacent, then its host body not being perfect could explain the problems it's having.
Is there anywhere in game that could straighten out the "an/the" arbiter for me? From what i recall it was more of "the" than "an", is there somewhere where the combination of apostles are called an arbiter(s)? Aglaecwif mentions order but doesnt say "the arbiter of order" (iirc) but maybe since MC specifically asked "whats the greatest power" her saying "order" and not the arbiter of orders powers is still right?

KKStrider

Mar 26, 2020
Is there anywhere in game that could straighten out the "an/the" arbiter for me? From what i recall it was more of "the" than "an", is there somewhere where the combination of apostles are called an arbiter(s)? Aglaecwif mentions order but doesnt say "the arbiter of order" (iirc) but maybe since MC specifically asked "whats the greatest power" her saying "order" and not the arbiter of orders powers is still right?
Aglaecwif refers to the eldest monster praying for the return of the "Arbiters", plural. But it is true that the idea that "Order" is the name of an Arbiter instead of just being a power is speculation. The idea stems from a combination of Aglaecwif's statement on "Order" being the greatest power, and certain recurring words that appear when the MC connects to each pair of Apostles.

Authority + Power: Order
Body + Memory: Evolution
Time + Ether : Infinity
Darkness + Light : Soul
Truth + Fantasy: Paradox
Destruction + Creation : Chaos

So we speculate that there's six Arbiters in total, one for each pair of Apostles. We also think that the eye that overtakes the MC is the Arbiter of Evolution.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Aglaecwif refers to the eldest monster praying for the return of the "Arbiters", plural. But it is true that the idea that "Order" is the name of an Arbiter instead of just being a power is speculation. The idea stems from a combination of Aglaecwif's statement on "Order" being the greatest power, and certain recurring words that appear when the MC connects to each pair of Apostles.

Authority + Power: Order
Body + Memory: Evolution
Time + Ether : Infinity
Darkness + Light : Soul
Truth + Fantasy: Paradox
Destruction + Creation : Chaos

So we speculate that there's six Arbiters in total, one for each pair of Apostles. We also think that the eye that overtakes the MC is the Arbiter of Evolution.
Thanks I figured I just wasn't remembering a single line of dialog :KEK:, I knew what the 6 were called just wasnt sure if they had been given a "group name", I still feel like the eyes attitude is weird during the battle if they were the arbiter of evolution for reasons previously stated and if the eye is "just" an arbiter would they really be "above" all? Despite them knowing that they "came" from a group of 12 and that six is still divisible by two? Not to mention the whatever the outer twins are? Them claiming that could just be the eye being cocky but it never really came off that way to me, also a seemingly unrelated apostle (7th) is showing more interest in MC than the 3rd and 4th combined does the eye know? shouldnt the eye be able to tell "something" in mc is making the 7th literally reach out and pull him "back into the dream"? (after the "i am gods darkness" scene)

INquiop

Jun 13, 2018
From what I remember, the evidence is that it's much worse than the moon being a monster. Instead, it's probably housing a portal that the Twelve Apostles are going to use to manifest in a more enduring way than their avatar bodies. The MC receives a vision during his first evolution trance of tendrils connecting the moon to the earth and the knowledge that "they" will come down from the moon. That's implicitly the Apostles because he says that only one through six will be coming, seven through twelve are already...something that we don't know, his vision gets cut off by Klaus attacking him.

We've also got mention of some upcoming event called the "Black Moon". When the MC touches the goop from the Third Apostle that he found in Ella's old school, he gets a vision of the Third telling him to prepare for the Black Moon's coming. We've also got Valravn's conversation with Syla, where he says that he and Ella have been making their own opposing preparations for the Black Moon. Presumably the Black Moon is the time when the Apostles use the moon to make their entrance into the world. Which means it would be so much worse than just fighting a monster the size of the moon, these things are full-on gods. Dealing with them manifesting is probably going to be the entire end game.
Then this make me feel like we need a long training arc or try to get the fuck out of dodge and just live in space they can have earth because gods are can only be killed by other gods really and even then that's iffy since they can exist through faith and belief

• Haha

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Then this make me feel like we need a long training arc or try to get the fuck out of dodge and just live in space they can have earth because gods are can only be killed by other gods really and even then that's iffy since they can exist through faith and belief
they arent those kind of "gods" they are where are the other monsters came from after all, they are not powered nor exist through things believing in them they are just very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very powerful monsters/beings :HideThePain:

INquiop

Jun 13, 2018
they arent those kind of "gods" they are where are the other monsters came from after all, they are not powered nor exist through things believing in them they are just very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very powerful monsters/beings :HideThePain:
But with the reveal of the other world the power of believing is not out of the picture cause if a noob of this otherworld like us can influence a no name SIN agent whose to say one these gods won't have the power to do so as well or one of them may have power that make us fight each other just by existing in the same space as them in that point in time plus some of these powers may branch into to insane levels since we seen the laws of physics out the window long ago

Reactions: Nadder

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
But with the reveal of the other world the power of believing is not out of the picture cause if a noob of this otherworld like us can influence a no name SIN agent whose to say one these gods won't have the power to do so as well or one of them may have power that make us fight each other just by existing in the same space as them in that point in time plus some of these powers may branch into to insane levels since we seen the laws of physics out the window long ago
I mean the Arbiters are just better versions of them? So they unquestionably are not the top of the food chain. In fact we know that order (power + authority) is required to do stuff like "make us just fight each other". (On a large world destorying scale) Like I said they are stupendously powerful but they are still "living beings" (once they come to earth). Unless a big plot twist comes out of nowhere they are coming and unless WW just says "and then everyone fucking died lmao" the story will grow past them.

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes