adanu

Mar 28, 2020
Intelligence manifests in many ways.

The MC is not academically smart. And his dumber moments are sometimes for comedy
Wholly agree to disagree. He is smart, he just DOES NOT CARE. In my playthroughs, the first thing he's ever really applied himself to are his powers and how to maintain his SI. He was a drifter before that.

Reactions: Netao_Da_Caxixola

Feruna

Jul 29, 2017
On my headcanon, almost pure playthrough I named him Warden. You know, he's supposed to be the shield that guards the realms of men protects regular people from monsters and all that. Kinda lame name, I guess. But my fantasy sucks and I couldn't come up with anything better
Went with a similiar approach but wanted to include his black armor/shield as well as his ability to use multiple limbs. That resulted in the name "black phalanx".

Apr 17, 2024
I'm curious, what are people's Superhero names for MC?

I went for No-Thing, tried to headcanon it as MC saying their superhero name was nothing and it becoming their name. And I thought it sort of fit with how he doesn't have a set form anymore, his default form could be a pile of shit if his internal self image was terrible enough

But yeah what did others choose and why?
Guyver. It's an old manga about a man who bonds with a symbiotic suit of living power armor. It was the first name that came to mind when I was asked for a name after having a fight wearing living armor, even though the MC's armor isn't really that much like the Guyver Unit.

May 20, 2017
i just finished HERO assault on Ella's lair and that was a great read.

I seriously think College period was too long though.
If you are talking about the one that involves the MC's 3rd evolution and everyone else also evolving, it was Legendary. To go through that for the first time, its an experience in itself.

I tip my hat to WW for his writing capabilities. I am not a big fan of 2DCG type games but I guess this game is perfection in 2DCG and probably the greatest and the best one of that category.

Last edited:

camube

Jun 4, 2022
If you are talking about the one that involves the MC's 3rd evolution and everyone else also evolving, it was Legendary. To go through that for the first time, its an experience in itself.

I tip my had to WW for his writing capabilities. I am not a big fan of 2DCG type games but I guess this game is perfection in 2DCG and probably the greatest and the best one of that category.
how far am i in percent or playtime from that point to the end of current content?
i want to play some more this weekend but im curious how long i have to go from end of HERO assault until current update

Forget Me Not

May 29, 2024
I'm curious, what are people's Superhero names for MC?

I went for No-Thing, tried to headcanon it as MC saying their superhero name was nothing and it becoming their name. And I thought it sort of fit with how he doesn't have a set form anymore, his default form could be a pile of shit if his internal self image was terrible enough

But yeah what did others choose and why?
Evolution, it felt too on the nose to pass up.

IHC

May 8, 2021
I generally disagree with all the ideas that MC is dumb. Even if he is saying dumb things at time and doesn't have a mind for academics, he is quick on the uptake and he has strokes of genius.
In all the flashbacks to his earlier years he is very sharp. The amount of self reflection is very uncharacteristic of his age and he is very savvy. He also has very good control of his emotions and knows how to survive on his own. If I had to rate him only as a kid, I'd even call him a genius. ( I also fully relate with his ability to sleep in class and get "good" grades. I was also a long haired class sleeper with good grades ^^ )

As far as post-infection intelligence is concerned:
1. Despite having 0 combat experience, he quickly adapted to the challenges without much time to prepare.
2. He is very good at applying his powers in out of combat stuff, like playing poker.
3. He managed to keep his identity hidden despite being exposed to so much publicity, as a direct result of his preparation.
4. His approach to fighting Jake was genius and he went into it with the disadvantage of not knowing the extend of his powers while Jake knew about him both from Ella and all the videos of his superhero persona.
5. His mantis punch which was catalytic against Valravn was the result of tinkering and engineering. He adapted foreign physiology to his own in a way that it's not just effective but absolutely fearsome to face.

Despite how "simple" MC may seem at times, his way of fighting is complex and he employs multiple tactics, making him a very difficult enemy to face even without the regeneration. It's technical and precise, even if he has to rely on his regeneration to overcome his lack of experience. A simple guy would just build a big fist. MC's approach was far more methodical.
The mc has the most fearsome, the most troublesome and perhaps even the most dangerous ability any living being could possibly possess: adaptability. As long as he's breathing he *will* return with a new strategy and new plans to kill you and no matter how hard you try, he *will* survive and comeback even stronger (on rare occasions, he doesn't - resulted from fucking with powerful beings). Also, adaptability is also the best weapon anyone could have since you will get better, smarter and stronger. Look at humans, we're perhaps 100k years old in evolution and yet here we are, at the top of the food chains while ancient and prehistoric species like insects, fishs and others are reduced to our food. They stay the same throughout the centuries while we evolve, develop and *adapt* to the changes.

Reactions: adanu and Viniuchi

IHC

May 8, 2021
MC was as vulnerable to lightning as any other superhuman was
It's lightning, pure and unadultered energy. Only a handful of entities are capable of fully absorbing that shit without getting drawbacks. Unless you were "born" with that ability or just strong enough to not feel a shit, otherwise not only the MC but *everyone* will get fucked up by lightning (Also fire, erosion, acid and all those stuff that the mc is weak against. What do you expect? IT'S FUCKING FIRE. It also doesn't help since the MC ability is mainly "recreate" stuff using organic material fueled by otherworld abilities + energy)

OnlineRando

Aug 4, 2021
It's lightning, pure and unadultered energy. Only a handful of entities are capable of fully absorbing that shit without getting drawbacks. Unless you were "born" with that ability or just strong enough to not feel a shit, otherwise not only the MC but *everyone* will get fucked up by lightning (Also fire, erosion, acid and all those stuff that the mc is weak against. What do you expect? IT'S FUCKING FIRE. It also doesn't help since the MC ability is mainly "recreate" stuff using organic material fueled by otherworld abilities + energy)
MC pretty much explodes in contact with lightning, so his weakness to it is apparent. And the worst part is, he can't transform into something lightning and electricity don't affect, since its his cells that are weak to it due to electricity messing up his control over his power. If he didn't have that happen to him, he could turn into rubber or dry wood or anything else that doesn't conduct electricity and the only thing left is the force of the lightning, which a superhuman of his level, along with his armor and maybe other things, should be able to survive handily.

OnlineRando

Aug 4, 2021
As for fire and acid, the continuous damage they do inhibits his regeneration, so its not a weakness in the same sense as lightning, from which even the slightest touch would either explode him or force him to focus on controlling his body for it to not explode. Even if MC was level 5, unless he figured how to fix that weakness, a level one Met would demolish MC if his lightning even touched slightly, compared to fire and acid which won't matter if they don't do damage. And the sheer speed of lightning compared to fire and acid makes it all the worse.

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes