Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I kind of wonder if it might be the other way around, and Ella is planning on sacrificing herself. Or maybe already has, since she's been dead for quite a few updates. But describing her Chosen as "the person I can entrust with all my dreams. The person who I can give everything to. The person who will take everything from me", that doesn't sound to me like the romantic union that Cole interpreted it as. Not with that last sentence, the "take everything" makes it seem much more final to me. I think that sounds more like someone talking about leaving a legacy behind for an inheritor.

Maybe the idea is for the MC to inherit Ella's mission. Like Ella planned for her death to advance her plans somehow, and then instead of her coming back she was expecting the MC to take over from her. She did say that she thinks he'll eventually come along to her side. *.And it explains why the Ella Doll asked if the MC was her Chosen, because if he was the one taking over the job he'd be expected to wake the Doll for help.
This can't be true. Dream Ella is shocked to find out that MC was the one who woke the doll up. The one-eyed swordmonster was the one supposed to wake him up.

Doll "There you are lazy guts. I was expecting to see your ugly face when I woke up!"
Unknown "....."
Doll "Why didn't you wake me?"

For the rest of your theory, there is some overlap with my ideas but for the MC to take over, he needs to become stronger than her. This is mentioned by both her and Deus. It's obviously way too early for such things. Hell, Doll thinks she's gonna be stranded in the monster world for 100 years and while she is angry, she looks inconvenienced, not someone who's dreams were shattered. What will happen to Earth in 100 years with the Chosen on the warpath, the Black Moon risen and the Apostles on their way? Will there even be an Earth for her to return to?

The alt-humans had their version of the big trio too, they still lost.

So whatever sacrificial plans she may had, it doesn't feel like this is the right time.

Zoranian

Jun 26, 2017
So I'm at the part where you invade Ella's base and encounter Aglaewif(big titty monster that you "choose" to impregnate) if you pick "left" in the tunnel, I'm on a skill/purity playthrough and I picked out "the eye" earlier as a reward, Now I can get two choices +10 power, 3+ to skill or answers to some interesting questions.

Should I just take the powerups or do those question's answers have a major impact later on?

Abazzaba

Sep 9, 2021
So I'm at the part where you invade Ella's base and encounter Aglaewif(big titty monster that you "choose" to impregnate) if you pick "left" in the tunnel, I'm on a skill/purity playthrough and I picked out "the eye" earlier as a reward, Now I can get two choices +10 power, 3+ to skill or answers to some interesting questions.

Should I just take the powerups or do those question's answers have a major impact later on?
I believe it's just lore/info you wouldn't get otherwise or possibly until later.
Just save and get all the info, and then go back and continue with the power-ups.
That's what I did.

MC won't know that stuff, but you will, and it's good for context and theory-fuel.

Reactions: Zoranian

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021

MC doesn't make use of the Lore at any point so far. So just get the powerups.
Do note that whatever you ask Aglaecwif about, you can also get Valravn's input later. So if you want to see all the content, it's more convenient to cheat instead of creating 3 branching playthroughs.

You can open the game/scripts/day99.rpy and game/scripts/eventshero.rpy files and read the lore.

Zoranian

Jun 26, 2017
Del being another clone was a dumb twist, nobody higher up at the hero base saw they look EXACTLY the same as Deryl?
The story is mostly fantastic, but there's some little plot holes sometimes in it.

Abazzaba

Sep 9, 2021
Del being another clone was a dumb twist, nobody higher up at the hero base saw they look EXACTLY the same as Deryl?
The story is mostly fantastic, but there's some little plot holes sometimes in it.
The dude who can see all the possible timelines at once probably said he was cool and they trust him.

• Haha

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
How do you figure this is a plot hole? Deryl isn't some popular guy that HERO should know about. Even Xanthe didn't know that the monster was Monsterfied Deryl because MC and the Clone hid it from him. Also Del was always hiding from him.

Reactions: dragonlord6789
Apr 17, 2024
This can't be true. Dream Ella is shocked to find out that MC was the one who woke the doll up. The one-eyed swordmonster was the one supposed to wake him up.

Doll "There you are lazy guts. I was expecting to see your ugly face when I woke up!"
Unknown "....."
Doll "Why didn't you wake me?"

For the rest of your theory, there is some overlap with my ideas but for the MC to take over, he needs to become stronger than her. This is mentioned by both her and Deus. It's obviously way too early for such things. Hell, Doll thinks she's gonna be stranded in the monster world for 100 years and while she is angry, she looks inconvenienced, not someone who's dreams were shattered. What will happen to Earth in 100 years with the Chosen on the warpath, the Black Moon risen and the Apostles on their way? Will there even be an Earth for her to return to?

The alt-humans had their version of the big trio too, they still lost.

So whatever sacrificial plans she may had, it doesn't feel like this is the right time.
Ah, good point, this isn't the expected the course of events. Though the Doll still jumped to asking if he was her Chosen, so her Chosen is the next most likely to wake her if the one eyed monster doesn't. So I think the idea still has some merit. Though I agree that Ella isn't expecting the MC to take over from her so soon. As you say, he's got a lot of growing to do still. She may or may not have planned to die this soon, but she definitely didn't plan for the MC to take up her mission until a lot more time has passed.

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
I just remembered this, back when Amber tried to touch monster world water and the water just avoided her something happened:
screenshot0020.png
Mc and Deryl were talking and Amber seemed distracted by something (she seems to be looking away).

screenshot0021.png
When Deryl calls her she is surprised, like she wasn't paying attention.

screenshot0022.png
And when returning Mc thinks about how she is acting strange.

Now all of this is a little strange but nothing much, sure she might be thinking about why the hell the water avoids her, or anything really, however:
screenshot0025.png
During the party if Mc tells about hearing voices Ella explains that it's normal, and everyone also remember their own interactions with the voices, Michael, Alice and Deryl say they heard them before and are quite nonchalant about it however:

screenshot0024.png
Amber is the only one who doesn't say anything.

Now the reason i brought this up is because i started to wonder, what if Amber was hearing a voice back in the water and was distracted by it, after being called by Deryl she started to think about whatever she heard.
When Ella explains the voices everyone agrees that they heard them before but rarely, could it be that it's different for her and that's why she didn't say anything about it like the others ?

Then i remembered that Amber was still alive after Liz "died" during her infection, she was transported to where Great Ocean was and "died"after seeing it.
screenshot0029.png
screenshot0030.png
screenshot0031.png

This made me think that maybe Amber was infected by Great Ocean itself and that she could also have a stronger or maybe just different connection with it, yes i know it's a giant stretch with too little information but what do you guys think ?

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I just remembered this, back when Amber tried to touch monster world water and the water just avoided her something happened:
View attachment 3844513
Mc and Deryl were talking and Amber seemed distracted by something (she seems to be looking away).

View attachment 3844518

View attachment 3844519

Now all of this is a little strange but nothing much, sure she might be thinking about why the hell the water avoids her, or anything really, however:
View attachment 3844524
During the party if Mc tells about hearing voices Ella explains that it's normal, and everyone also remember their own interactions with the voices, Michael, Alice and Deryl say they heard them before and are quite nonchalant about it however:

View attachment 3844529

Now the reason i brought this up is because i started to wonder, what if Amber was hearing a voice back in the water and was distracted by it, after being called by Deryl she started to think about whatever she heard.
When Ella explains the voices everyone agrees that they heard them before but rarely, could it be that it's different for her and that's why she didn't say anything about it like the others ?

Then i remembered that Amber was still alive after Liz "died" during her infection, she was transported to where Great Ocean was and "died"after seeing it.
View attachment 3844544
View attachment 3844548
View attachment 3844546

This made me think that maybe Amber was infected by Great Ocean itself and that she could also have a stronger or maybe just different connection with it, yes i know it's a giant stretch with too little information but what do you guys think ?
The Great Ocean angle was my first theory about Amber and I still fully expect it to become a reality. I also like your idea about Amber's absentmindedness.

Apr 17, 2024
I think it's plausible. Tanos outright says that energy absorption is not an inherent power of the Strength Eaters, but something else. I've got a theory that it's a result of symbiosis with the Great Ocean, something they're channeling from it. Amber being ascended by the Great Ocean would also explain why Amber has water manipulation and transformation powers. Strength Eaters don't do that, but those are the powers you'd expect from a living ocean monster. So yeah, Amber actually being descended from the Great Ocean and not a Strength Eater makes a lot of sense.

New Kid

Apr 2, 2018
Ella herself tried to manifest a second trait while under the watchful eye of Memory herself.
Why would she want to do something bad to herself?

Memory may just want to train MC and to expedite his evolution and connect him to the higher plane. We know that she is the orchestrator of the whole half and half thing from Syla.

We have no idea what the end game is, we don't even know if Ella's plan for MC is the same as Memory's. But there are many conflicting pieces of information that make it high unlikely MC is just a lamb to the slaughter.

Ella wants MC to get strong and involves Memory.
Syla wants MC to get strong and involves Memory.
Ella wanted to manifest the twin traits and Memory rejected her.

So if MC is supposed to be a sacrificial lamb, then it means that his mother wants that, Ella who is looking for her "one" wants that, and Ella was prepared to sacrifice herself for whatever Memory is planning. It just doesn't compute.
My theory is that she was supposed to become an avatar for the 3rd and 4th's faction, but she failed to manifest the memory so they tasked her to find someone suitable, and the MC fits the bill in her vision, so he would be possessed as an avatar like in the ending with the Eye. Ella herself seemed to be possessed during her slaughter of the high school auditorium, she had to use everything she had to spare Christie, so it's not farfetched that the Apostles are looking for strong bodies to control among their spawns.

Syla says that the 4th would probably kill the MC on sight if she saw the sorry state his memory trait is compared to the body trait, which at first glance is a direct contradiction of Ella's evaluation of him. But perhaps it's because of the fact that the MC evolved his body trait too much so at the moment he is no longer suitable to become the avatar they desire, which explains why Ella no longer knocks you out when she finds out about the full extent your abilities later in the story, so she needs to wait until you balance out your traits again by getting stronger memories.

Lastly, let's not forget the prophecy the Truth monster gave the MC, to not believe the lies of the 3rd and the 4th's chosens, implying that both Ella and Syla are either lying through their teeth and/or are delusional in their efforts. And apparently, MC's body will be remade and his soul killed before being cleaved from the 3rd and 4th, giving more credibility to the possession angle.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Ostap Bender

Knight

Jul 7, 2017
Ella herself tried to manifest a second trait while under the watchful eye of Memory herself.
Why would she want to do something bad to herself?

Memory may just want to train MC and to expedite his evolution and connect him to the higher plane. We know that she is the orchestrator of the whole half and half thing from Syla.

We have no idea what the end game is, we don't even know if Ella's plan for MC is the same as Memory's. But there are many conflicting pieces of information that make it high unlikely MC is just a lamb to the slaughter.

Ella wants MC to get strong and involves Memory.
Syla wants MC to get strong and involves Memory.
Ella wanted to manifest the twin traits and Memory rejected her.

So if MC is supposed to be a sacrificial lamb, then it means that his mother wants that, Ella who is looking for her "one" wants that, and Ella was prepared to sacrifice herself for whatever Memory is planning. It just doesn't compute.
Depends on what the definition of sacrificial lamb is in this case; don't forget that MC's mom is ancient and served memory for many lifetimes so her idea of sacrifice could be very different. Say for example it was because Body and Memory wanted an avatar on the mortal plain that they could inhabit indefinitely at the same time without it being destroyed? MC would lose everything and become a slave trapped in his own flesh but from the preservative of a fanatical follower of either Body or Memory it would be the highest honor.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
View attachment 3844513

View attachment 3844518

View attachment 3844519

View attachment 3844524

View attachment 3844529

View attachment 3844544
View attachment 3844548
View attachment 3844546

The problem with this is, you're overlooking what Doll Ella said in that quote. She makes the distinction quite clear. She said humans turned by monsters can inherit their genetic line and can sometimes get bouts of interaction with the Originator of said line. The monster and originator parts are specified for a reason.

The simplest way to point out what she's talking about is with Alice in that very scene itself.

Alice = Superhuman

Aos = Monster/Chosen

The 6th = Apostle/Originator

Alice is known to be turned by Aos. She's apart of his genetic line. However, on her 2nd Evolution she comes into contact with the 6th Apostle, the Originator of the entire line. That's what Ella is referring to here. We also know Amber and Liz were turned by Strength Eaters. If they were physically sent to the Great Ocean, why would they still be with Tanos? We know their spirit can be sent through their connection because of MC, but that doesn't mean they were turned by the Great Ocean.

So this doesn't mean Amber and Liz was turned by the Great Ocean. This just means they were turned by Strength Eaters that are high in hierarchy. Their compatibility and high connection allows Amber to see the Great Ocean. The Great Ocean is the Originator of the line, while it's monsters carry the genetic line. In simpler terms, Amber only sees the Great Ocean because she has high enough compatibility and status in the line to see it. It's the same thing that happens to Alice. Only that Amber got it on her first evolution/infection.

As for Amber being distracted this update. The Great Ocean is legit right there in front her. She's pretty much in the presence of her "God". Just like Ella and MC fear the "God" in the sky, Amber will feel close to hers in the ocean.

Zeca Suez

Jun 26, 2018
I suspected they weren't both infected by the same monster either... from the battle of the diamonds we know that Undines and Strength Eaters are supposed to work very well together, they kept Malik busy for so long. So maybe Amber was infected by an Undine or something akin to that with similar abilities that compliment the powers of a strength eater. Maybe Tanos' hope was by fusing them together he might be able to create a sort of closed loop of a Strength eater that could almost endlessly empower itself with the support of an Undine or another similar Monster ?

It is so weird the way the waters of the monster world back away from her... same as the spiders that seemed to be afraid of Liz even before she used her power.

The water almost behaved like how Like charges repel each other ... but if their waters were the same they should be easier to mix not move away from one another. Maybe its to signify that Amber has command of her own water while the sea water on the planet belongs to a separate entity ?
And when Deryl calls Amber back she says she felt she was close to touching the water. Which does sound like she was maybe in a mini trance.

Reactions: SquallofNight

Zoranian

Jun 26, 2017
Hey again
Currently in the part when you follow Amber and Liz around in order to protect them, and in the free time I have I saw that there are new monster parts in the shop, which items should I prioritize? can I buy most/all? there's also the vortex stone the guide mentions but it's not there for some reason.

Apr 16, 2020
Hey again
Currently in the part when you follow Amber and Liz around in order to protect them, and in the free time I have I saw that there are new monster parts in the shop, which items should I prioritize? can I buy most/all? there's also the vortex stone the guide mentions but it's not there for some reason.
Vertex stone is for the next time you get to interact with the Shopkeep, that's all I can say without spoiling you much.

Also, just buy the most expensive one, depending on what path you are, buy what's the most suitable and gives you the most stats in your playthrough. GL.

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
The problem with this is, you're overlooking what Doll Ella said in that quote. She makes the distinction quite clear. She said humans turned by monsters can inherit their genetic line and can sometimes get bouts of interaction with the Originator of said line. The monster and originator parts are specified for a reason.

The simplest way to point out what she's talking about is with Alice in that very scene itself.

Alice = Superhuman

Aos = Monster/Chosen

The 6th = Apostle/Originator

Alice is known to be turned by Aos. She's apart of his genetic line. However, on her 2nd Evolution she comes into contact with the 6th Apostle, the Originator of the entire line. That's what Ella is referring to here. We also know Amber and Liz were turned by Strength Eaters. If they were physically sent to the Great Ocean, why would they still be with Tanos? We know their spirit can be sent through their connection because of MC, but that doesn't mean they were turned by the Great Ocean.

So this doesn't mean Amber and Liz was turned by the Great Ocean. This just means they were turned by Strength Eaters that are high in hierarchy. Their compatibility and high connection allows Amber to see the Great Ocean. The Great Ocean is the Originator of the line, while it's monsters carry the genetic line. In simpler terms, Amber only sees the Great Ocean because she has high enough compatibility and status in the line to see it. It's the same thing that happens to Alice. Only that Amber got it on her first evolution/infection.

As for Amber being distracted this update. The Great Ocean is legit right there in front her. She's pretty much in the presence of her "God". Just like Ella and MC fear the "God" in the sky, Amber will feel close to hers in the ocean.
So if i understand it right you think that Amber meeting Great Ocean was an immaterial thing through her connection with the originator of her monster line, and that it happened while she was still at the same lake Tanos sent them, well i honestly didn't have that impression.
I don't think we can say for certain that the twins were still physically at the same lake when Amber sees Great Ocean, plenty of the comments made by her at the time are about what she feels with her body and the process of "dying":
screenshot0029.png
She feels both the blinding light and the hot water

screenshot0030.png
Her eyes adjust to the light

screenshot0031.png
Her eyesight fades due to the loss of blood and oxigen

screenshot0032.png
She feels that she can't breath

Even if we take that some of those feeligs were due to her "real" location most things seem to be reactions to whatever the place Great Ocean was.
As for how they returned i don't think it would be a problem either to Great Ocean or any strenght eater to return them, the only thing we need to consider is purpose.

Also at this very moment there is a sound effect, it's not one of someone being bitten but instead seems like one of a power being used, i wonder if it's the sound of the strenght eater teleporting amber to Great Ocean
screenshot0022.png
The sound is however different from both Liz and Nico's teleportation

Lastly i'm not sure if we can say for certain that Amber was infected by a strenght eater, her different power set could indicate that Great Ocean was the ond who did it, and this could be the case if she was sent to his dimension.

4.80 star(s) 366 Votes