GaRbS

Apr 3, 2018
Does anyone know the requirements to finish the infiltration mission whitout being noticed ? I made it but i had to go straight to the command center, is there another way ?
Killing the security chief always results in getting detected and missing out on the +10 power reward as an injection from Nyx. But killing the chief gives you +3 corruption. Killing the male guard, female guard or the boss of the secretary seemingly doesn't do anything either way.

You also get detected if you tell the chief there's been a murder and choose just to quietly touch him.

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
Killing the security chief always results in getting detected and missing out on the +10 power reward as an injection from Nyx. But killing the chief gives you +3 corruption. Killing the male guard, female guard or the boss of the secretary seemingly doesn't do anything either way.

You also get detected if you tell the chief there's been a murder and choose just to quietly touch him.
You know, i think i tried with a route like this:
Telling the boss i found a puppy, knocking the guard out, telling the chief there was an incident, just touching to get his form
And yet still a only could not get caught if a went straight to the command center. I managed to go to two rooms only when banging my way trough the mission.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Code:
  File "game/scripts/day106.rpy", line 936, in <module>
    if bossmemories == False:
NameError: name 'bossmemories' is not defined

Code:
Superhuman-0.96-pc/game $ find . -name "*.rpy" -exec grep -iH "bossmemories" {} \;
./scripts/day106.rpy:    $ bossmemories = True
./scripts/day106.rpy:    $ bossmemories = False
./scripts/day106.rpy:    if bossmemories == False:
I did a little poking around based on that and figured out that the dev should have put the boss memory initialization as appropriate in EVERY option leading from being hassled by the boss for tardiness. I had chosen the "stray puppy" option where this was missed. Considering this passage included a litle unsolicited tentacle from asshole action I'm going to jump into the console and set this to True to carry on.

Reactions: TerminusPrime

AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
The Valravn thing I got because she does leave us hanging there
Honestly, I am pretty sure she doesn't. Valravn dead end happens inside his power sphere, doesn't it? It seems quite possible that said sphere simply cut off Nico's power like Valravn himself did, so she couldn't rescue MC.

GaRbS

Apr 3, 2018
You know, i think i tried with a route like this:
Telling the boss i found a puppy, knocking the guard out, telling the chief there was an incident, just touching to get his form
And yet still a only could not get caught if a went straight to the command center. I managed to go to two rooms only when banging my way trough the mission.
Yeah, it seems that if you kill the male guard without killing the secretary's boss you cannot search extra rooms without getting detected.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Well it kinda depends on what you consider as "full trait". MC for example has the full body trait. Whatever Ella can do, he can also do. The difference is that MC has to do it in a more instinctual manner while Ella has way better control right of the bat. However they both can change molecular structure so the "depth" of their ability is pretty much the same.

In Michael's case, the abilities we can observe from the 2nd are
1) Matter to energy conversion (absorbed the Leigong)
2) Energy transformation (got lightning, outputted some form or radiation)
3) Radiation based attacks
4) The glow that turned night into day.
5) Energy to matter conversion (probably what happened when it created it's arms)

Michael could already do the first 4 and during his evolution he also did the 5th, by increasing the size of his muscles. So I don't think there is any indication he didn't get the full trait.

He also did well against Tif, who is supposed to have compatibility with the 8th so he doesn't seem to lack for power in comparison.

As for Nyx, that's a smart connection. Nyx is savvy and tricksy, although personally I didn't get the same vibe, due to how she dismissed it once MC answered negatively. The funny part is that eventually MC noticed it and Nyx probably missed it. The way the narration goes, it's also possible that MC noticed a presense in Tiffany that Nyx missed, but Michael's was stronger.
We don't know the full extent of the trait yet and those surface level abilities could be the basic stuff for Power. Kind of like how Jake's was "simple" early on but had the potential to command objects and so on in the future, if he didn't mess it up. The comparison between Ella and MC isn't really a good one because we know both the MC and Ella have around the same compatibility with the MC inheriting both traits. You would need to compare someone like Deus and Zack, if they have the same parent somehow. We'll have to wait to see how Michael progress regardless so I'll let this one simmer a bit.

As for the Tiffany bit, we don't actually know her compatibility, which is funny now that I remembered. She's a test tube spawn, technically :KEK:. The fact that the Light Apostle didn't show up but Power did also plays a part. Michael was getting way more power out of it while She was only getting what comes with an Evolution, likely. It's absence there likely affected Tiffany since nothing was passed on or granted by her parent.

With Nyx. the Ella and Nyx conspiracy theories can get more fuel/ammo if you think about the fact that Nyx can see dead people and we all know where Ella's "corpse" is located. So if she's working with Ella, she's probably seeing how far along the MC is by seeing if he could sense the 8th and 2nd. What is more strange is that the 3rd and 4th didn't intervene when the 2nd pushed the MC out and tried to proxy Michael and absorb his power.

That's why that scenes gives me the most thoughts from this update. Corruption around 46 or Power over 450 doesn't seem to effect it. All 3 people participating are Apostle Spawns. Only Power shows up while 8th said that's no my child or dead. 4th doesn't retaliate like she did with Jake. Though to be fair, the 2nd might've just pushed the MC out. It might've just been a warning not to mess with his spawn with his power. So our parent not showing up makes sense since 2nd wasn't being too heavy handed.

We'll have to see where this goes in the future.

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
After trying out the dog form in front of Emily, the MC says to Deryl:
"I got powned by a friggin dog, that's what just happened."​

It is a pinnacle of embarrassment to see gamer slang being misspelled by a game developer. The word is pwned, not powned. o_O The word rather famously came about due to a typing error (the 'o' and 'p' keys being right next to each other) in the game Warcraft whenever the game beat the player it said "<character> has been pwned!". :LOL:

RogueEagle

Jul 28, 2017
Gotta say, when i saw Aglaecwif i was like "be damned the consequences" and jumped to the oportunitity to have a child with a demoness of sorts, specially after finding out i have 0 chance to impregnate a human or superhuman and a small chance for monsters, if this is 100% to spread my seed just call me daddy already, wich she did "módor ond faeder should at least know each other's name.", to tell the truth she never was antagonizing, to tell the truth if she returns she might just offer for me to become a daddy for sure and take over the world with her, if not i'll deal with it xD

Lupusnox

Jul 26, 2023
Hey guys I lurk around here since last autumn and I just wanted to say I truly believe this game has one of the best stories of the VN Genre. I also really love the theory crafting and want to join in^^.

What do you guys think are the upper limits of our memory/mind powers? Can we make people or even monsters forget how to use their powers? This would be a really broken ability.Even if that only lasts a second or two, this should still be enough time for a mantis punch.
Maybe a telepathic network that shares the information we read from enemy minds with our allies?
Or can we maybe trap creatures in their own minds forever?

So yeah what are your thoughts on this? Abilities like this would at least be one way to beat Langdon with his body possession.( I really hate him^^)

I also would like to apologize for any grammar or spelling mistakes(english is not my first language)^^

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
Haha feels good to be fully vindicated on Liz in fact not being a gold digger. She cares about the MC the most out of everyone in the group that's not family. She just thinks she and the MC can't have a relationship cause they're both depressed, not "u 2 short 4 me". When she comments about the MC being so different yet feeling the same, its literally because the MC is getting rid of his depression and helping her with her depression as well. The MC is literally fixing her.

It's literally a story about a girl who think she's incapable of showing emotions slowly learning what it means to love. As much as I like NTR, gotta say the love route is pulling ahead.

The update was a 10 just for that emotional flashback alone. Probably the most romantic scene in the game too in the love route. Really didn't expect that from the most emotionless character in the game. Though reaaaally makes me feel bad for her in the NTR route.
Yeah it's just the way they explained it at first made it seem like she just blew him off in an uncaring way. God I wish we all saw that flashback sooner, but regardless, my respect for Liz has been restored.

Reactions: Bleh21
4.80 star(s) 366 Votes