Unity SuperPowered 2 [v0.02.00] [Night City Productions]

1.80 star(s) 10 Votes

Mikey_Boy101

Nov 8, 2020
Shouldn't the game have received at least one update since last October? Has the dev shifted from a 2-month game-1 / 2-month game-2 cycle? There should have been an update around March, no?
A new test build that has been released but its still being tested for bugs. It mostly focuses on gameplay (no new characters added) but there are some sex scenes in the game.

Factor96

Apr 6, 2022
A new test build that has been released but its still being tested for bugs. It mostly focuses on gameplay (no new characters added) but there are some sex scenes in the game.
I mean, at least it's progress. This whole two separate games thing is just... what is he doing? It's not like he has the money to hire an army of helpers, so it just seems like creating a bunch of work for himself in a way that's also guaranteed to piss people off.

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
lmao this dev seems to be milking it hard
He streams almost all his work on Discord.
Coding and rendering, you can watch it all.
So... please explain how it's possible to 'milk it' when his supporters can see how much time he puts into the projects.
This whole two separate games thing is just... what is he doing?
As I understand it, Loser started as a way to avoid 'burn out' on SP.
Creative people can get bored always working on the same thing.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I think it's actually a smart idea. Depending on how long you're really focused on something, you do reach a point where you need a break to do something else or your performance starts to suffer. If working on Loser is different enough to serve as a break then it allows him to stay productive rather than using the "break time" to do something unrelated to development like watching TV or drinking at the local bar or something.

I kind of lost interest in Loser because I don't really like the randomized topics mechanic but I'm looking forward to seeing some more progress on SP2.

Reactions: Reme

Factor96

Apr 6, 2022
I think it's actually a smart idea. Depending on how long you're really focused on something, you do reach a point where you need a break to do something else or your performance starts to suffer. If working on Loser is different enough to serve as a break then it allows him to stay productive rather than using the "break time" to do something unrelated to development like watching TV or drinking at the local bar or something.

I kind of lost interest in Loser because I don't really like the randomized topics mechanic but I'm looking forward to seeing some more progress on SP2.
This is a good point.

darkdepths

May 2, 2020
SP1 is my all time favorite game and I just read the reviews of this one.
So if I understand correctly you have to choose your powers daily? What is the point? Why limit the player in such a way?

Imo it completely undermines the strength of the first game, the more powers you had the more you could play around and experiment. it was great to spontaneously change the approach in the interaction with people.
Maybe I want to scare one but control the other, what if I need superstrentgh in a fight but flight to go around?

I fear this change doesn't add anything and just needlessly limit the player.

I haven't played this game yet since I wait for more updates so please correct me if I got this wrong.

Druid64

Dec 11, 2019
SP1 is my all time favorite game and I just read the reviews of this one.
So if I understand correctly you have to choose your powers daily? What is the point? Why limit the player in such a way?

Imo it completely undermines the strength of the first game, the more powers you had the more you could play around and experiment. it was great to spontaneously change the approach in the interaction with people.
Maybe I want to scare one but control the other, what if I need superstrentgh in a fight but flight to go around?

I fear this change doesn't add anything and just needlessly limit the player.

I haven't played this game yet since I wait for more updates so please correct me if I got this wrong.
Good Luck with that this game hasn't been touched in around 6 months and isn't even Listed on the Page for LOSER as one of his games: see for yourself

https://f95zone.to/threads/loser-v0-09-02-night-city-productions.34576/

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Pretty sure he only has it set up that way to have something playable to release as a tech demo because he hasn't implemented Globex yet. I don't pretend to know his plans but I would bet money that eventually it will be more similar to the SP 1 set up where you start with minimal powers and level up via buying new powers from Globex and stat grinding.

Reactions: darkdepths

Factor96

Apr 6, 2022
Pretty sure he only has it set up that way to have something playable to release as a tech demo because he hasn't implemented Globex yet. I don't pretend to know his plans but I would bet money that eventually it will be more similar to the SP 1 set up where you start with minimal powers and level up via buying new powers from Globex and stat grinding.
I thought the setup was to balance the powers better? I could be completely misremembering, and if so, ignore this, but I got the implication the purpose of this was to make individual powers more valuable.

Baal7734

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
If I make all the powers available at the beginning of the game as I would need to considering SP1, then just like in SP1, everybody will grind all the powers, and then start playing the actual game. Not much room for progression there...With the focus system, Players can still get all the powers, can use all the powers...they just can't use them all at the same time. Seems pretty good to me, since I can gate focus behind story which leaves room for player progression, while the players can still monkey around with everyone they meet with thier nifty powers, it just might take a few meetings to monkey around with all the powers.

Also...You can start the game as is with a Focus of 4 (8 active power ranks). Like...that's two full powers and most of a third active at one time. That's pretty damn good for a starting character.

Baal7734

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
He streams almost all his work on Discord.
Coding and rendering, you can watch it all.
So... please explain how it's possible to 'milk it' when his supporters can see how much time he puts into the projects.

Thanks Gus...
As a side note. I do stream all of development. 5-6 days a week, 8-14 hours a day. Feel free to join my Discord server and see for yourself.
Also... Alpha0.01.00 released yesterday 1683894245895.png

hyfka

Mar 8, 2021
then just like in SP1, everybody will grind all the powers, and then start playing the actual game
I don't think I'm alone with the opinion that the grind in SP1 was atrocious (and that's putting it mildly.)
So of course players would play the game in a way that reduces that grind as far as possible, and getting more powers did that by quite a bit.
If you get two points it takes 50 repetitions to fill a 100 point bar, at 8 it goes down to 12.

Baal7734

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
I don't think I'm alone with the opinion that the grind in SP1 was atrocious (and that's putting it mildly.)
So of course players would play the game in a way that reduces that grind as far as possible, and getting more powers did that by quite a bit.
If you get two points it takes 50 repetitions to fill a 100 point bar, at 8 it goes down to 12.
Hence the change in system. I'm not saying the players are wrong for doing it. I am saying there is a better way to design the game that still leaves room for progression, which is ultimately my goal. I'd like players to be motivated to progress story in the pursuit of improving thier character, rather than just unlocking more girls to use thier maxed character on, cause let's be honest, that parts gonna happen regardless.

Stareagle lord

Aug 8, 2017
Hence the change in the system. I'm not saying the players are wrong for doing it. I am saying there is a better way to design the game that still leaves room for progression, which is ultimately my goal. I'd like players to be motivated to progress story in the pursuit of improving their character, rather than just unlocking more girls to use their maxed character on, cause let's be honest, that part's gonna happen regardless.

'unlocking more girls to use their maxed character on'

Well honestly, if someone plays it for max char stats and that doesn't happen then I for one...
Definitely would wonder why He/She would even play the game in the first place X)

I know for sure in sp1 I do/did use cheats like crazy and while yes it slowed down grind a lot...
it kinda removes a large part of the fun. That a game is supposed to have, so when using cheats to remove grind
there is something called too much...
Sure using cheats to be able to slow down/remove money grind for example is alright
does not really change that kind of game much or any at all.
But stats, dialogue, and such events well that are a huge part of the game's charm.

wizyy

Nov 24, 2017
Hypnotism still needed to fool around with family?
Also, MC still looking like skinny, ugly bitch?

Mikey_Boy101

Nov 8, 2020
Hypnotism still needed to fool around with family?
Not exactly. If you can get Maggie’s Impulse stat to 10 she will enter in an Impulsive state (the new Nymphomania) the next day. However it takes some time and you need the proper powers to get her to that state.

1.80 star(s) 10 Votes