Unity SuperPowered 2 [v0.02.00] [Night City Productions]

1.80 star(s) 10 Votes

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Hm. I spied somebody writing they managed to get taken away to a cafe for a potential job, but I cannot seem to find the trigger for that at all.

Oh, and triggering the critical effect of the Neuratic Wet Dream makes the game freeze up. I was curious what 'degenerate' status for Maggie would entail, too.

Mikey_Boy101

Nov 8, 2020
Hm. I spied somebody writing they managed to get taken away to a cafe for a potential job, but I cannot seem to find the trigger for that at all.

Oh, and triggering the critical effect of the Neuratic Wet Dream makes the game freeze up. I was curious what 'degenerate' status for Maggie would entail, too.
its a bit bugging ATM. when you start up the game just sleep all day and wait for the next day. the next morning Maggie will force you to get a job.

Reactions: xapican

DarkLoki

Oct 25, 2018
I think everyone needs to slow down and take a breath. JMO the legacy versions of this game were GREAT in concept but terrible in images and mechanics. I am hopefully optimistic dev can get it right this time and I'm not so quick to write the whole thing off just yet. I'm putting this on my WATCH list and not giving it anymore thought until there are a few more updates. Who knows, maybe I might even support this one. I'm of the belief if you aint paying STFU (unless it's positive critiques). So many people bitching about a game no one forced them to play and they arent supporting. I thought that's what the REVIEWS were for.

Going back under my rock now...

DarkLoki

Oct 25, 2018
its a bit bugging ATM. when you start up the game just sleep all day and wait for the next day. the next morning Maggie will force you to get a job.
I tried looking up the game in your signature, LOSER, but cant seem to find it anywhere?

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Preciate it. yep, gave it a second go and it worked. Thanks. Although truth be told I was looking forward to BJ having an array of workplace 'accidents' due to maxed out fetishs for exposure and public masturbation. Ah well, it's early yet.

Tossed a few bucks to the author, because why not. I can always cancel a month or two down the line if no progress is made, haha.

Reactions: Mikey_Boy101

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
I'd forgotten how 'superpowered' it felt to fail all the time... after an hour of play time i succeded once with the mom... this is hardly a game at this point. dev needs to take the dice game out. and yeah the limited powers thing is the dumbest idea storywise... and gameplay wise. mc is a superhero with two random powers that never work...
You did better than me! I worked on Maggie with max Willpower and rank 3 Mind Control for 2 days and didn't manage anything other than wasting time and annoying her. I figured it was expected I would use some form of tactical enrichment: maybe other power sets, maybe waiting for a RNG opportunity. I stopped there.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Preciate it. yep, gave it a second go and it worked. Thanks. Although truth be told I was looking forward to BJ having an array of workplace 'accidents' due to maxed out fetishs for exposure and public masturbation. Ah well, it's early yet.

Tossed a few bucks to the author, because why not. I can always cancel a month or two down the line if no progress is made, haha.
The dev is working on 2 games and gives each ~2 months of dedicated time. You won't see any change until Jan or so. Just so you know.

Mikey_Boy101

Nov 8, 2020
I agree with the fact that for me complexity in games is very interesting, I like management games where there is some sort of challenge but it is true only if you can plan your moves to create your own roadmap with your objectives.

In this context some random events can add fun IF missing them or fail them don't destroy your plan. Here rng is used on each action, combined with the limited useable powers per day, have as result that missing a dices roll kill your day (and often makes you rollback a few days) because you can't really react due to the limited choice of powers per day.

In SP0, SP1 and Looser, the more you learn the better you are and the more choices you have. Here, whatever the grind you will do to train and to buy/learn powers, you will be artificially limited (even with max focus) and in any case a bad roll will make you loose some days of game. Is there really an interest to grind and train in this context?

I only consider the core of the gameplay, all other things (lack of QOL options, balance,...) are peanuts and can be corrected as time advance but when you completly miss the core and have at start a bad gameplay the "game" is dead.

I can't really understand the difference between SP1 and SP2, why to re-create the wheel when you have an existing gameplay which did work? Without speaking that in this case the wheel have been transformed in a square...
I see your point. I guess it's not a problem for me because I figured out which powers combinations to use to make most actions with Maggie a success. As for changing up the formual who knows. Maybe the new Trait System was part of the reason for the change since you need a Critical Success to activate most positive Traits.

One thing I do miss about the old game is the Charm that we had in the last game to increase the girls' Favor, Love, and Lust. My Maggie's Neuroticism is to high to pass the Compliment action unless I roll a 6, so I have to give her a temporary Love Link to raise her Love.

I hope to see that in the future as well. For now only Sandra has an event at the coffee shop if you have her fetish active. Also, just to let you know Baal is currently working on Loser for the next 2 months.

Reactions: xapican

Mikey_Boy101

Nov 8, 2020
You did better than me! I worked on Maggie with max Willpower and rank 3 Mind Control for 2 days and didn't manage anything other than wasting time and annoying her. I figured it was expected I would use some form of tactical enrichment: maybe other power sets, maybe waiting for a RNG opportunity. I stopped there.
Buy Super Senses Rank 3 and increase your Wits as well. Having Super Senses Rank 3 active when picking the Psychic Assault will give you an extra dice roll and double Willpower loss on Maggie if you score a Critical Success.
Screenshot (52).png

Reactions: sillyrobot

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Buy Super Senses Rank 3 and increase your Wits as well. Having Super Senses Rank 3 active when picking the Psychic Assault will give you an extra dice roll and double Willpower loss on Maggie if you score a Critical Success.
View attachment 2128768
Thanks for the tip -- sincerely.

But, nah. I'll wait. The game play as presented is unappealing to me. I'll watch the development over the next year to see if some of my issues get addressed enough to warrant a second attempt.

Deleted member 136796

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
Cheats for 0.00.50 64bit

Just a little help to progress, because is just a techdemo and could be a waste of time studying this assembly.
Unzip Assembly-CSharp.zip in "SuperPowered2_Data\Managed"

F1 to add 100k money
F2 to toggle +50 to dice rolls
So the dice roll bonus is kinda hit and miss, sometimes it applies and sometimes it doesn't. Or am I doing it wrong?

hyfka

Mar 8, 2021
I think everyone needs to slow down and take a breath. JMO the legacy versions of this game were GREAT in concept but terrible in images and mechanics. I am hopefully optimistic dev can get it right this time and I'm not so quick to write the whole thing off just yet. I'm putting this on my WATCH list and not giving it anymore thought until there are a few more updates. Who knows, maybe I might even support this one. I'm of the belief if you aint paying STFU (unless it's positive critiques). So many people bitching about a game no one forced them to play and they arent supporting. I thought that's what the REVIEWS were for.

Going back under my rock now...
No, I think critcism should be allowed on a piracy forum. If >you don't want to read the opinion of people who didn't pay, you could just not read this thread and hang out on the patreon/discord instead.

I think it's a good thing people are venting/asking/complaining in the thread instead of leaving 1-star reviews of a game that is barely a tech demo.

V_Vertigo

Nov 15, 2018
From Ren'py to Unity? That's a bit uncommon, usually its the other way around as unity tends to be a bit difficult to work with. :unsure:
Oh well either way i'm sure the story will be epic. :D
The Switch to Unity ( at least from what I've read around) was because of the limitations of Renpy (the first game, although written as completed, is far from what the dev envisioned, stopping half way in the number of powers, 1/3 of the Instute stuff done, Globex about half way and around 5 female chars that are incomplete)

Reactions: Mikey_Boy101
1.80 star(s) 10 Votes