Urruah

Jun 20, 2017
The problem with buffing class rewards for Mental is my Billy doesn't attend a class after about October unless there is a ulterior motive (it completes a talent training, I want to watch a vignette or it is necessary to advance a mission). Personal training is more than sufficient to max all talents sometime in May/June and has no RNG hell associated with it. Additionally, there are more valuable activities to pursue during school hours like working and influence conversion. Cash is the primary bottleneck and Initiative influence is the secondary. Talents are pleasant to acquire, but by and large have limited impact outside threshold checks and the social talent checks.
...The talents have a cap? I could swear I've trained beyond level five in a lot of stats. Do you just not get any benefit past level five or something?

I can't actually check though because this update broke all my saves for some reason.

So, I'm using the radioactive mod and according to the tracker for Sophia I have 2 scenes left, diningroom and diningroomfuck, I have no idea how to trigger those, does anyone know?
I think those are variations based on Maggie being obsessive.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
...The talents have a cap? I could swear I've trained beyond level five in a lot of stats. Do you just not get any benefit past level five or something?

I can't actually check though because this update broke all my saves for some reason.

I think those are variations based on Maggie being obsessive.
Both attributes and talents have a cap of 5 points of "natural" growth and then you layer on bonuses from powers. Talent limit is easy to see: you gain 1 point at 10, 20, 40, 80, and 160 xp points. You can get up to ~6 more points in talents from powers though it varies per talent currently and your polymorphism choices.

Last edited:

Urruah

Jun 20, 2017
Both attributes and talents have a cap of 5 points of "natural" growth and then you layer on bonuses from powers. Talent limit is easy to see: you gain 1 point at 10, 20, 40, 80, and 160 xp points. You can get up to ~6 more points in talents from powers though it varies per talent currently and your polymorphism choices.
To level up it only takes into account your baseline stat, right? So if I have two Awareness from powers and four total, it'll only ask for 40 points and not 160, right?

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
To level up it only takes into account your baseline stat, right? So if I have two Awareness from powers and four total, it won't ask me to get 160 to get the next level, right?
The natural improvement is completely independent of bonuses from powers. So if you have not earned any xp in a talent, but have a +2 from powers, it'll cost you 10 to gain a point and get a total of +3.
The talent screen shows the total and the bonus from powers.

Urruah

Jun 20, 2017
Well. That's good to know. Gonna have to start over soon and didn't know when the ability would cap. Or rather that it did at all.

Johny Alfa

Oct 7, 2017
Does anybody seen Bhaal or know how to fix this bug? As i cant load my saved game at all its pretty serious. I dont want to start over Im in year 3.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
ImportError: No module named matrix

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\Akos\Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.40.00-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Akos\Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.40.00-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\Akos\Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.40.00-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Akos\Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.40.00-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Akos\Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.40.00-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3510, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "C:\Users\Akos\Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.40.00-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "C:\Users\Akos\Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.40.00-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
  File "C:\Users\Akos\Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.40.00-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 707, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "C:\Users\Akos\Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.40.00-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "C:\Users\Akos\Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.40.00-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 946, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "C:\Users\Akos\Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.40.00-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 881, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "C:\Users\Akos\Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.40.00-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 313, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Akos\Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.40.00-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "C:\Users\Akos\Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.40.00-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 760, in load
    roots, log = loads(location.load(filename))
  File "C:\Users\Akos\Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.40.00-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 63, in loads
    return cPickle.loads(s)
ImportError: No module named matrix

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
SP 0.40.01
Sat Aug 08 19:21:35 2020

Rawon

Sep 12, 2017
Does anybody seen Bhaal or know how to fix this bug? As i cant load my saved game at all its pretty serious. I dont want to start over Im in year 3.

I had similar problem loading my save too and that was because I downloaded wrong version of the game. Do you by any chance remember if your previous version was original (folder name "..._v0.39.01-pc") or repacked ("..._v0.39.01-win")? Those two are not save compatible. Try downloading Passion3D's repacked version . Hope this helps you.

(edit: added the link)

Last edited:
Reactions: Johny Alfa

Johny Alfa

Oct 7, 2017
I had similar problem loading my save too and that was because I downloaded wrong version of the game. Do you by any chance remember if your previous version was original (folder name "..._v0.39.01-pc") or repacked ("..._v0.39.01-win")? Those two are not save compatible. Try downloading Passion3D's repacked version . Hope this helps you.

(edit: added the link)
Yes, I had 39.01-win and the 40.01-pc. Omg i never thought of this. Thx man.

Reactions: Rawon

KakarottSSJ4

Aug 29, 2018
Can't trigger the sixth and last jealousy scene for Stephanie, does anyone know what triggers it, I have shower, kitchen table, deepthroat, scary movie and undress.

TylerJ

Sep 26, 2017
Does anyone know of the specific requirements for graduation. I've finished all the quests and am on my second year in August, but I've never even seen the choice pop up.
go to school during may 1 - 5 larson event if grades good. then 26 of may is the actual event. Then you can no longer attend classes

Axterx

Jun 19, 2020
The problem with buffing class rewards for Mental is my Billy doesn't attend a class after about October unless there is a ulterior motive (it completes a talent training, I want to watch a vignette or it is necessary to advance a mission). Personal training is more than sufficient to max all talents sometime in May/June and has no RNG hell associated with it. Additionally, there are more valuable activities to pursue during school hours like working and influence conversion. Cash is the primary bottleneck and Initiative influence is the secondary. Talents are pleasant to acquire, but by and large have limited impact outside threshold checks and the social talent checks.
Yeah, it would be limited duration, which is why I also suggested something that lets a Mental start boost training. However, I am mostly focusing on the earlier stuff, as that's why Social is as strong as it is. You get to making influence faster and girl stats faster. Hence why I suggest adding a favor bonus to attending class and having it give school influence. And of course, fewer distracted results and ideally more grade improvements if you have a higher natural mental (which would free up weekend actions for things like Ops and eventually non-school jobs). And don't forget that, if you have charm actions left over, you can have the girl from the class gossip as well, so there is potential global influence to be gained as well. But you're right that it might still need more.

I will say that in this playthrough, I pretty much did not go to class at all in the early game either. The stats I cared about early I raised through training with sis and mom. It's only now, that I've got the gals corrupted to a certain degree, that I'm going a bit, just to see events. But that's why the rewards of going to class need to be greater than they are. It should be worthwhile to go to class early. Especially for a new player, who would logically think that going to class is an important part of raising their grades.

I will say that things that you will always gain access to without any action SHOULD be less rewarding that things that are gated harder. Neighborhood patrols really shouldn't be as efficient a use of time as a decent job that requires rep to unlock. It makes sense that the same logic be applied to high school classes. Obviously there isn't currently a much better option for mental (or god forbid, physical) based characters, but I don't think re-balancing now if those options are eventually going to be introduced is wise.
I agree that entry level things should be less rewarding than things that take investment to unlock. However, they should also not be so horrible that you never do them period. Right now, these things are so outclassed that the opportunity cost of doing them is too high. Then these type of things wind up becoming a trap, one which new players go into thinking it is worthwhile, only to grow frustrated and quit the game. Meanwhile, experienced players ignore them, because they suck so bad.

And those new players quitting the game is an issue with both Superpowered and Loser. Part of it is just the nature of the game. They're meant to take a bit more effort to accomplish a result than, say, a VN, which is fine. I prefer this type of game over a VN, while others prefer ones that reward with much less effort. But for both games, they lose a lot of players unnecessarily because, essentially, there's a "right way" to start that makes it a lot less grindy, but a new player won't know that. And if they didn't get hit with a wall of grind early due to not "playing the right way", with no clue provides as to what is the right way, well, maybe they'd have played long enough to see all the awesomeness these games have to offer. And the sad thing is, both of the games don't need to be that way, and with some minor tweakage, could be a lot more new player (and alternate playstyle) friendly.

Therefore, even if there are other starts, like there were in the RAGS version, things related to non-optimal stat should still be viable, if not optimal, because that opens up play options and allows new players to feel like they're making progress. To use an in game comparison: Social is like raising Corruption using Mind Control. It's super easy. The other two stats are currently like doing it by events/conversation levels... slow and painful. What we need is them for to be at Psychosism levels. Not as easy as MC, but it still works, and is an alternative. Of course, that comparison will probably fall apart when using MC can actually get you in trouble, but for now it works ;)

TylerJ

Sep 26, 2017
I tried it, but it didn't help.

I tried different Sandra's stats (corruption, inhibition, control), tried different mental states (obsession, nympho, normal), but I didn't see any diffrences - she started to really like Derek, or she didn't remember her date (if I used mind control) and relationship with Derek didn't start. So I'm stuck here(
On my save I got it to work with high inhibition, high corruption, No lust, high love and obsessive. On my last play through I remember it didn't change anything after that pool scene and the game acts like she was all for it but it might if lust is low. (except for invite over on phone she asks how much longer she has to be with Derek before she can break up)

BeeGee

Apr 26, 2018
Will "Trust Overload" ever work as described in the tooltip, or will it always be a worse version of "Break Will?"

pletoxxx

May 18, 2017
whats with the start menu and globex pharmacy lag? i cant scroll the powers because the insane lag happened there.

but only there.

nevermind, fixed it with removing the custom cursor with console with:

setattr( config, "mouse", None )

Last edited:
Reactions: K9 and terirheken
Mar 27, 2019
does any know if when you download the current game if you need to unren it to play it ... cause I keep get some error about one of the peoples rpa file missing or a error about some other file missing...I have two different unzip programs one is winrar the other is 7-zip not sure which one to use

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
does any know if when you download the current game if you need to unren it to play it ... cause I keep get some error about one of the peoples rpa file missing or a error about some other file missing...I have two different unzip programs one is winrar the other is 7-zip not sure which one to use
Nope. Just download and extract the contents to a new folder. Assuming you are using Windows, don't bother with a extraction program. Double click on the zip in File Explorer and copy the folder you find inside. Paste to the folder you want to store the game in. Then download and apply the hotfix (extract the contents to the same folder).

3.20 star(s) 140 Votes