Baal7734

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
Baal123

Hey mate. I've been itching to try your game for a while. It looks amazing overall, but what held me back is quite superficial. The MC - can he be changed to a different look? I'm fairly sure you've been asked this question before, but at this very moment the dude reminds me of all the druggies that loitered around my campus.

Cheers for whatever response you give.
So I'll give you a little trip down memory lane.
When I first started making the game, I planned to have 5 body types for the MC, and as you became more fit, your model would turn from scarecrow to gym-bro. Of course I started doing all the renders with body type 1 (scarecrow) and after finishing the first wave of development for Maggie, I realised I had written a rendering check my ass was not about to cash. There was no way I was gonna re-render every scene with every outfit, 5 times. And honestly after making the game for a while, the narrative humor of having scarecrow billy trying to be a great superhero fed into the humor enough for me to leave it be.

That being said... I also would rather a better MC model, but there is a design issue in updating his model, as I'm not gonna re-render everything already made with a new model. I do have a resolution, but I'm not really ready to share it...but eventually, there will be a more attractive MC model, that doesn't interfere with all previous work.

Baal7734

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
Bookface confuses me slightly. It seems to completely bypass charm expenditure limits for anyone in your phone. You can just keep dumping likes into bookface once you manage to bring up the right profile. Why bother having a entirely separate interface for a subset of what the phone does? Why not simply remove the use limit on phones?

It's actually better to use bookface rather than talking in person -no need to choose appropriate chat topics, no use limit .
Not completely. If you have a couple characters maxed on all stats, then it's better to micro through the phone as you don't want to waste charm responding to posts on characters that will get no benefit from it. Bookface is ideal early on though for sure.

Reactions: sillyrobot

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Bookface confuses me slightly. It seems to completely bypass charm expenditure limits for anyone in your phone. You can just keep dumping likes into bookface once you manage to bring up the right profile. Why bother having a entirely separate interface for a subset of what the phone does? Why not simply remove the use limit on phones?

It's actually better to use bookface rather than talking in person -no need to choose appropriate chat topics, no use limit .
Whatever floats your boat, I guess. It appears to be a needless complexity that also undercuts one of the early growth constraints.

While you are around, an entirely unrelated question: is it the design intent that Billy cannot graduate the first May? It appears impossible short of cheating to set up the club and complete the prerequisite encounters in 28 weeks.

Baal7734

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
Whatever floats your boat, I guess. It appears to be a needless complexity that also undercuts one of the early growth constraints.

While you are around, an entirely unrelated question: is it the design intent that Billy cannot graduate the first May? It appears impossible short of cheating to set up the club and complete the prerequisite encounters in 28 weeks.
Yeah I haven't done math on required time costs yet. I will be rebalancing the storyline time costs eventually. Since the schedule change is new... and there isn't much to do when you graduate, I've put off rebalancing the storyline timeframes a bit until there's more to do once you do graduate.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Yeah I haven't done math on required time costs yet. I will be rebalancing the storyline time costs eventually. Since the schedule change is new... and there isn't much to do when you graduate, I've put off rebalancing the storyline timeframes a bit until there's more to do once you do graduate.
Oh, I get that! The world outside the school needs to form enough for Billy to have something to do before breaks and graduation become meaningful. The impossibility hits even before we deal with 8 weeks on break which will probably not count once breaks become less abstract.

The game as it stands has about 300 days of content (I managed to qualify for graduation before the end of May and might be able to trim a week with absolutely perfect play) discounting repeatable / hard to engineer scenes and it takes over 600 to graduate. I confess to not having the stomach yet to force myself to go through another nearly full year to witness graduation. I have 2 months before 0.42 so I'll start again and see where I get.

ETA:
A relatively easy fix would be to move graduation to the first week of Sol.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Or moving the game start back a month ;)
One month will allow perfect play to graduate (assuming breaks will still offer club meetings). You might want to build a bit of a buffer for people who aren't as... stupidly uptight as I get about optimal play.

SMD

Jan 13, 2018
You're not supposed to self-insert.
Young William is a fully realized and complex person, with his own goals and motivations.
Yes, he's scrawny and weird looking. That's why he starts the game with no friends, and must improve his skills, and even resort to superpowers to make people like him.
Truly, he is the greatest protagonist in the history of adult games.
I didn't start following the game until some of the "Good" options/methods of moving forward were being developed so I think it's a case that Billy's design naturally followed function- he starts out as a goofy naive creep that perfectly embodies all of the NETs(7 Deadly Sins). Baal is right though that instead of that creep factor making him look like a young Tom Riddle it has huge comedic value, especially since he looks as good or better than his sister when he uses polymorph. It also adds well to the story because here is this super that will undoubtably be the next leader of the Initiative if he doesn't destroy it first...not exactly the best looking face for the "good" heroes :LOL:

Reactions: BeeGee

Ziks

Jul 14, 2017
I cheated and gave myself all the powers, now it says i dont have enough energy for them even tho I do.

D

Deleted member 1497930

anyone else having issues with console commands on mac? I cant get it to open even with Shift O

alucard175

Apr 20, 2017
So I'll give you a little trip down memory lane.
When I first started making the game, I planned to have 5 body types for the MC, and as you became more fit, your model would turn from scarecrow to gym-bro. Of course I started doing all the renders with body type 1 (scarecrow) and after finishing the first wave of development for Maggie, I realised I had written a rendering check my ass was not about to cash. There was no way I was gonna re-render every scene with every outfit, 5 times. And honestly after making the game for a while, the narrative humor of having scarecrow billy trying to be a great superhero fed into the humor enough for me to leave it be.

That being said... I also would rather a better MC model, but there is a design issue in updating his model, as I'm not gonna re-render everything already made with a new model. I do have a resolution, but I'm not really ready to share it...but eventually, there will be a more attractive MC model, that doesn't interfere with all previous work.
Just leaving an honest opinion here, i like how the scarecrow MC works on HS, the whole i work out but nothing sticks, i dunno, i think thw whole more muscular body could work as he advances in the story, dunno, just an opinion, needless to say, great game man, you are making an awesome job

BeeGee

Apr 26, 2018
Wow, X-ray vision became a lot less useful overall. Before, when applicable fetishes multiplied energy gain but not willpower loss, it was quite good. Now that the willpower loss equals the energy gained, it is much less valuable.
The nerfs to x-ray are going to take some getting used to.
I got used to relying on being grossed out by my family to help restore willpower in the early game.
Now I don't even use it at school, because with half the girls I'm just throwing willpower away.
Starting to wonder if leaving the Enhanced Senses upgrades until later might become the new meta.

dav121

Oct 13, 2016
Jesus the grind in this game is Russian level. The love stat isn't visible from the start so any physical interaction could lead to losing all existing love stats which took a few in-game days) because you were unaware you didn't have enough love stats to attempt the physical interaction. After a few hours, this becomes tiring.

Last edited:

Baal7734

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
The nerfs to x-ray are going to take some getting used to.
I got used to relying on being grossed out by my family to help restore willpower in the early game.
Now I don't even use it at school, because with half the girls I'm just throwing willpower away.
Starting to wonder if leaving the Enhanced Senses upgrades until later might become the new meta.
That was a bug that's been hotfixed in 0.41.01

3.20 star(s) 140 Votes