sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
The nerfs to x-ray are going to take some getting used to.
I got used to relying on being grossed out by my family to help restore willpower in the early game.
Now I don't even use it at school, because with half the girls I'm just throwing willpower away.
Starting to wonder if leaving the Enhanced Senses upgrades until later might become the new meta.
You want Book Smarts + Concentration which you get at the same time and Reasoning which you get from the final rank. I guess you don't need it now that the college exists, but it is really useful to guarantee a 96 grade at end of month and to help shove Concentration up ASAP.

I'm into October of my walkthrough check and the biggest problem is making certain I don't trigger X-Ray by habit. Masturbation on Thursday afternoons and on the second weekend was enough to cover Willpower needs until Sandra started getting invited over late Sept.

Bookface simply walks around early game charm expenditure constraints and gives an outlet for all the evening Charm I was wasting previously. Getting and keeping Stephanie at 80+ Favor and getting Sandra's Love 40+ / Lust 60+ is trivial.

Reactions: BeeGee

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Jesus the grind in this game is Russian level. The love stat isn't visible from the start so any physical interaction could lead to losing all existing love stats which took a few in-game days) because you were unaware you didn't have enough love stats to attempt the physical interaction. After a few hours, this becomes tiring.
Love can be visible by afternoon of the first Monday. Buy the next rank of enhanced senses after school.

dav121

Oct 13, 2016
Love can be visible by afternoon of the first Monday. Buy the next rank of enhanced senses after school.
Must have been the quality of life mod that I was using because LUST was visible from day 1, LOVE was not visible until another ability (can't remember the name) was purchased.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Must have been the quality of life mod that I was using because LUST was visible from day 1, LOVE was not visible until another ability (can't remember the name) was purchased.
In the base game love and lust both become visible through enhanced sense ranks and I suggest getting those complete by the first Tuesday afternoon. Suspicion and fear become visible from Psychosism ranks and they are less pressing. I may have swapped the order, you might get lust first -- it's such a short time where I have one and not the other I may misremember.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Is it just me or is it no longer possible to run Ops missions at night?
A big part of my Initiative influence gathering was running an Ops mission when I didn't need to invite someone over for the night. This is a nastier nerf than the Willpower change (which is getting hotfixed).

JapanFreak

Sep 15, 2019
hey guys if i try to do anything with larson or mom it says they are too old/we are related is tehre anything can be done about it?

bik-ouh

Apr 30, 2017
Hello,

i can't launch the game. This is the error i have :

"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 274, in script
python:
ScriptError: could not find label 'start'."

edit : nevermind it came from the mod

Last edited:

BeeGee

Apr 26, 2018
hey guys if i try to do anything with larson or mom it says they are too old/we are related is tehre anything can be done about it?
As has been discussed dozens of times in this thread, Billy starts out without those fetishes.
The nurse literally tells you in the prologue. More powers = more fetishes.
You have to unlock flight to be attracted to MILFs and Mindcontrol to be attracted to your family.

Reactions: JapanFreak

JapanFreak

Sep 15, 2019
As has been discussed dozens of times in this thread, Billy starts out without those fetishes.
The nurse literally tells you in the prologue. More powers = more fetishes.
You have to unlock flight to be attracted to MILFs and Mindcontrol to be attracted to your family.
thx but how do i unlock superpowers?

Baal7734

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
Is it just me or is it no longer possible to run Ops missions at night?
A big part of my Initiative influence gathering was running an Ops mission when I didn't need to invite someone over for the night. This is a nastier nerf than the Willpower change (which is getting hotfixed).
public ops were never meant to be done at night. Sorry :(

Reactions: sillyrobot

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
public ops were never meant to be done at night. Sorry :(
No problem! It caught me off-guard because it wasn't in the patch notes.

It'll make power development / Willpower stability much harder. It'll probably make Initiative influence the primary bottleneck with cash being the secondary as opposed to vice versa. It hurts the very early game the most. Getting to the third discipline shot is important. Later discipline shots were already Initiative influence bound and cash is no longer a concern.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Not a big thing but might want to add Bookface to first day evening.
A rewrite is underway. Bookface is a small addition. I thought the willpower change was going to necessitate several changes before the hotfix was announced, but the public Ops reduction is the big one. It is going to affect the actual flow.

I want to review the willpower hotfix before I do too much work though.

Wistil

Sep 9, 2018
I want to review the willpower hotfix before I do too much work though.
Just got +3 willpower from peaking at Allie.

Something seems different on willpower when viewing a trio of girls, or I'm having a senior moment. A group of Samantha, Denise, and Terri give -9 willpower, but group of Samantha, Denise, and Chelsea gives -3 willpower, was this like that before? Thought the second group would give -6 willpower before.

Last edited:

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Just got +3 willpower from peaking at Allie.

Something seems different on willpower when viewing a trio of girls, or I'm having a senior moment. A group of Samantha, Denise, and Terri give -9 willpower, but group of Samantha, Denise, and Chelsea gives -3 willpower, was this like that before? Thought the second group would give -6 willpower before.
You don't have Sympathic Link purchased. Chelsea isn't attractive so doesn't cost willpower (and in fact gains it) thus saving you 3 (not lost) + 3 (gained) willpower over Terri.

With the hotfix, what is the willpower loss like for girls that meet a fetish (and have larger energy gains)? The base 0.41 had the willpower loss equal the energy gained. I'm hoping it isn't as draconian still.

Wistil

Sep 9, 2018
Restarted, so still in the first week. Will check later and get back to you.

What I was trying to say (if I'm remembering correctly) (without any extra flaws)
In 0.40 - I thought it was Samantha (-3w) + Denise (-3w) + Terri (-3w) = -9w
and Samantha (-3w) + Denise (-3w) + Chelsea (-0w) = -6w

Now, in 0.41.01 it is Samantha (-3w) + Denise (-3w) + Chelsea (+3w) = -3w

Reactions: sillyrobot
3.20 star(s) 140 Votes