Baal7734

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
As far as I can tell Brainwashed Bool bug, only affects people that use out of date mods. Or possibly Mods that didn't update properly. The updatescript cleans out that bool at game load, and from that point on uses a new .py function line 478 in func_definitions. Works fine for me from saved games or new game.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
As far as I can tell Brainwashed Bool bug, only affects people that use out of date mods. [...] Works fine for me from saved games or new game.
Then the game you use for your tests don't have the same char_mom.rpy file than the one that leaked here. Because the errors are in it :
Code:
label mom_dominate_script:
[...]
        "You quickly push your will onto your mother and for a moment she is being controlled by both of you. You quickly bury some rudimentary control paths in her mind and release her."
        $ m.brainwashed=False
[...]
label mom_MCoutfit_script:
[...]
            m "Maggie hopes this pleases you."
    if m.control<=80:
        $ m.brainwashed=False
    else:
        $ m.brainwashed=True
    return
Once you'll dominate the mother for the first time, or force her to another outfit, boom. brainwashed is reverted to a bool, and the game will break.

Where is this hot fix?

You'll find one attached. Note that this is not an official correction. If fix both the "brainwashed" problem and the "softblock_skipping" one.

Made a better one, available here.

Last edited:
Reactions: CurtisBlaydes

Baal7734

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
Then the game you use for your tests don't have the same char_mom.rpy file than the one that leaked here. Because the errors are in it :
Code:
[...]
        "You quickly push your will onto your mother and for a moment she is being controlled by both of you. You quickly bury some rudimentary control paths in her mind and release her."
        $ m.brainwashed=False
[...]
[...]
    if m.control<=80:
        $ m.brainwashed=False
    else:
        $ m.brainwashed=True
    return
Once you'll dominate the mother for the first time, or force her to another outfit, boom. brainwashed is reverted to a bool, and the game will break.

You'll find one attached. Note that this is not[//b] an official correction. If fix both the "brainwashed" problem and the "softblock_skipping" one.
Oh I see. Thanks Anne...I'll fix that real fast

Reactions: CurtisBlaydes

klempton

Oct 22, 2017
Code:
[...]
        $ m.brainwashed=False
[...]
[...]
    if m.control<=80:
        $ m.brainwashed=False
    else:
        $ m.brainwashed=True
    return

You'll find one attached. Note that this is not an official correction. If fix both the "brainwashed" problem and the "softblock_skipping" one.[/B]
Unfortunately still getting this even with the hotfix
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/func_action_processing.rpy", line 18, in script call
    call interacts (get_char_by_ikey(interact_who))
  File "game/func_action_processing.rpy", line 279, in script call
    call interaction_availability (char)
  File "game/func_UI.rpy", line 309, in <module>
TypeError: 'bool' object is not callable

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/func_action_processing.rpy", line 18, in script call
    call interacts (get_char_by_ikey(interact_who))
  File "game/func_action_processing.rpy", line 279, in script call
    call interaction_availability (char)
  File "func_UI.rpyc", line 309, in script
  File "C:\Users\anon\Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.42.00-pc\SuperPowered_v0.42.00-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1830, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Users\anon\Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.42.00-pc\SuperPowered_v0.42.00-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2035, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\anon\Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.42.00-pc\SuperPowered_v0.42.00-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/func_UI.rpy", line 309, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
SP 0.41.01
Fri Nov 27 15:41:45 2020

Baal7734

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
For some reason the changes that fixed this issue missed Mom Sandra and Terri :/

Jash83

Jun 8, 2019
Aren't you supposed to gain willpower for using X-ray vision on people you aren't attracted to? I do it with the on the mother and it says +3 willpower but its actually -3 willpower. This is making managing willpower even more annoying.
Actually it just says -3 Willpower now (or at least it did in 0.41 after having previous been +3 Willpower in earlier versions, I haven't checked 0.42 yet). Presumably that was an intentional change to make the game more "challenging".

Joeker

Aug 5, 2017
Controlling works now, but when telling her to put on a more revealing outfit, I still get
Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/util/func_images.rpy", line 83, in <module>

Full traceback:
  File "func_action_processing.rpyc", line 18, in script call
  File "func_action_processing.rpyc", line 285, in script call
  File "func_action_processing.rpyc", line 847, in script call
  File "util/func_images.rpyc", line 68, in script call
  File "util/func_images.rpyc", line 83, in script
  File "F:\Torrent\SuperPowered_v0.42.01-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1830, in execute
  File "F:\Torrent\SuperPowered_v0.42.01-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2035, in py_eval
  File "F:\Torrent\SuperPowered_v0.42.01-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_eval_bytecode

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
SP 0.42.01
Sat Nov 28 00:14:07 2020

danial74

Jun 11, 2018
Controlling works now, but when telling her to put on a more revealing outfit, I still get
Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "func_action_processing.rpyc", line 18, in script call
  File "func_action_processing.rpyc", line 285, in script call
  File "func_action_processing.rpyc", line 847, in script call
  File "util/func_images.rpyc", line 68, in script call
  File "util/func_images.rpyc", line 83, in script
  File "F:\Torrent\SuperPowered_v0.42.01-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1830, in execute
  File "F:\Torrent\SuperPowered_v0.42.01-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2035, in py_eval
  File "F:\Torrent\SuperPowered_v0.42.01-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_eval_bytecode

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
SP 0.42.01
Sat Nov 28 00:14:07 2020
same here happens to every girl for me

Urruah

Jun 20, 2017
Are the missions still bugged where the one won't clear if you don't use Tamara for it? I want to play a new file without recruiting her.

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
Can someone else test this for me?

Start a new game in the base game. Sleep until the next day (do nothing other than this). Quit the game.

I'm encountering the attached error about a dynamic variable in 0.42.01. Not a lot of information about this on the web, but I think its because the variable isn't being assigned to. (Error also occurs if selecting Main Menu.)

dendiclegane

May 11, 2019
Actually it just says -3 Willpower now (or at least it did in 0.41 after having previous been +3 Willpower in earlier versions, I haven't checked 0.42 yet). Presumably that was an intentional change to make the game more "challenging".
Mine still say +3 willpower, i think it is a bug at vs 41.00 that was hotfixed

H*A

May 24, 2018
Can someone else test this for me?

Start a new game in the base game. Sleep until the next day (do nothing other than this). Quit the game.

I'm encountering the attached error about a dynamic variable in 0.42.01. Not a lot of information about this on the web, but I think its because the variable isn't being assigned to. (Error also occurs if selecting Main Menu.)
V42.00
  1. Play>Skip Intro>Mental>Physical>Well-Endowed>Good Brother>Stoicism
  2. Go Upstairs>Rest a while [x3] - until sleep to next day.
  3. Quit out of game.
  4. Mentioned error occured. (KeyError: u'pchar')
V42.01
Followed steps outlined above. Same result.​

Real quick looksie, haven't compared to v41.xx but I think you're on the right track with an issue with how the variable is being declared.

Maybe something with pchar being (func_action_processing.rpy, line 29) without first being declared? Unsure; not familiar with Renpy. Will muck about a bit and update this post post below if I arrive at some meaningful conclusion.

Last edited:
Reactions: T.Geiger

H*A

May 24, 2018
Just a preface, making a fair few assumptions here about what Renpy is doing. Haven't actually tested if it works exactly this way.

Follow up to my post above, pchar won't cause issues if it's initialised somewhere before being scoped dynamically. I guess Renpy is trying to set pchar to its pre-dynamic scope value but, having no value (or variable?) to reset to, Renpy still tries to pop the non-existent value from the list it stores original values in:
Python:
pop_dynamic
    del store[k]
and then throws a fit when it can't find it. I wonder if that's intended behaviour?

Anyway, I guess pchar just needs to initialised on first load. Baal will update it soon, I'm sure.

TL;DR:
In the interim, if you don't feel like waiting, just:
  1. Enable developer console and...
  2. Input pchar = None.

Last edited:
Reactions: T.Geiger

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
Anyway, I guess pchar just needs to initialised on first load.
This is sort of what I've got Radioactive doing. I'm assigning None to it right after the dynamic declaration. Seems to quell the errors.

I only tested it briefly before release, so its good to get some confirmation.

Last edited:

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
No, it was a bug that got hotfixed in 0.41. The intended change was the amount of Willpower lost when receiving energy was increased to equal the energy gain.

3.20 star(s) 140 Votes