Balpheron

Jun 1, 2020
Sadly not surprisingly that you plan to bail out ...starting the other game was already showing that you lost the interest on SP.

I don't think changing the game engine will really help you.. as long as you plan to continue using a visual novel like presentation. You quickly will realize that you gain control on the one side but lose them on the other side and you need to generate code for many many things you get "free" in Renpy.

I guess you problem is simply .... yeah work is boring .. you lost interest in your own game as you start to add to many NPCs for whom you need to generate exactly the same interactions as for all others. That's a problem i personly have as well.. i need to follow my personal fetches/interests or i'am quickly bored. (e.g. i wouldn't add anything anal or watersporty .. i don't like that fetch and i hate to code things for stuff i don't like.)

If you now start over with SP2 .. i will give you less than 10% chance to generate something remotely as good as SP but feel free to surprise us, i would really love that .. and gimmy more possibilities to fuck my sister and coat her white :)
I agree totally, but that is on the technical aspect only.
He needs a better planning strategy when handling large projects. He has to plan everything and make it viable in regards to his skills. The story itself with it's characters, plots and setting is in itself something you can trip over and lose confidence. I've seen writers toss their year long worldbuilding ideas out the window once they trip over themselves and their lousy planning.

I suggest to the developer to rethink his methodology and work process, because he will otherwise just be doomed to repeat it. It is hard revisiting old work and editing it to fit a larger picture, but it is a process that comes with it's benefits as well.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
You quickly will realize that you gain control on the one side but lose them on the other side and you need to generate code for many many things you get "free" in Renpy.
While this is true, on the other hand it is easier to generate code for other stuff Ren'Py isn't meant for in other engines. The more you deviate from a standard VN approach (and we had a lot here, the multitude of stats interacting, turn based combat, and so on) the more it may outweigh the benefits of Ren'Py. Can't really say how it is in this game and whether a change in engine this late is worth it, but generally speaking it's weighing pros and cons. Not to forget that almost any other engine except for maybe RPGM (and HTML but I refuse calling it an engine, no matter how it is tagged on this site) is more efficient in execution.

I agree however that some Ren'Py standards, especially the CTRL skip, need to be implemented, otherwise clicking through repeating identical scenes will become annoying quickly.

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
Can't really say how it is in this game and whether a change in engine this late is worth it, but generally speaking it's weighing pros and cons.
To compete with 2+ years of dev already done the pros must be enormeous.

TFurguson69

Sep 9, 2019
I've been hearing this bullshit for a while now. Developer hits gold with a popular game formula. Get's lots of subs
goes off on a crack filled bender
realizes he's hemorrhaging subs.
issues a statement to stem the bleeding
proceeds to buy more crack.
Example:
The Gift - Mr ZZzzz

Not subbing back to him until SP2 has actual content. I recommend you all scale back your donations. This is probably taking a giant dump. Hate to see it. It's a good story line.

Reactions: nb8

nb8

Jul 22, 2017
Rest in peace Super Schoolboy, for 6 years you tried, but could not give more content than in a rags game 8 years ago, we will never get into the pants of superheroines.
I heard that the author was going to make a super student 2. Well, I expect a very fast pace of development, let's say 1 update every 4 months, because you need to make two games at once. In 6-7 years, we will see a message that the author is tired, the engine is too inconvenient, the resolution of the pictures is too small, and in general this "unity" is useless for games, except for visual novels, so the author restarts the game on this new, very good engine. Of course, there is no need to worry, most likely the author will have completed more than half of the school by that time. If he does not die of old age.

Reactions: keyboardcowboy

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
Rest in peace Super Schoolboy, for 6 years you tried, but could not give more content than in a rags game 8 years ago, we will never get into the pants of superheroines.
As remembered here we could stop speaking of SP2 because SP3 would be a more adequate name.

For the rest I've no doubt that the resultcould be the same in some years in the strategy of developpement don't change because engine is only the tree masking the forest and as the strategy, in a patreon system, is not really determined by the dev ...

Reactions: nb8

The.xx

Dec 8, 2021
Is SP2 intended to be a Unity remake of SP, or is it going to be a completely different game set in the same world and with some mechanics in common?

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Is SP2 intended to be a Unity remake of SP, or is it going to be a completely different game set in the same world and with some mechanics in common?
Sequel. Same world, same MC, but after high school. Some mechanics the same, but the dev is talking about removing / altering some. For example, removing the detailed combat for Billy fighting low-level enemies like all the enemies at home and school.

pbam

May 22, 2018
it's supposed to b a continuation of SP with the same characters, story, etc but in unity which the dev says is easier and more convenient for him. so in theory, we SHOULD be getting faster updates or at least better than 1 update in 3-4 months. but I'm going to reserve judgment till I see it. honestly, for me, loser feels really meh. there's really nothing special about it and its premise and is about on par with every dime a dozen Daz model game I've seen. though if it helps the dev get his mind straight I don't mind as long as we get SP/SP2 content.

• Angry
Reactions: Allan Trumbull

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
I feel the move to Unity is going to go well for him.
Python vs C#. With the experience he has gained so far from working on Loser, SP2 should go fairly smoothly.

EDIT:
I think I understand why I got facepalmed. The guy that did is has eight posts that aren't in Ren'Py threads. 8/1755 at the time of this post.
I must conclude that he's butthurt because of Baal's decision to move all development to Unity after Superpowered's finished and thinks that Baal should continue to cause physical and psychological harm to himself.

EDIT II:
Fixed a stupid mistake.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Allan Trumbull

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
There are a few people who have a posting fetish. They hate the games but still feel compelled to post in the threads for those games because of this fetish.

For instance, you just got a facepalm from Allen Trumbull. You will note that he recently posted this gem of support for this game:

And yet he continues to post in a thread for one of the "worse" games he has ever seen. On some level it is comical.
Are you perhaps familiar with the Felius Canis character in The DeLuca Family?

Reactions: SilentRunning

SilentRunning

Feb 19, 2021
Are you perhaps familiar with the Felius Canis character in The DeLuca Family?
I have been saving DeLuca Family. There are a few good games that I already know are good and I will just wait until they are finished before playing them... DeLuca Family being one and Defending Lydia Collier being another... I have played early versions and know the games are good so just waiting for them to complete.

But I am familiar with the Felius Canis chracter as he gets referenced from time to time in the DeLuca Family thread with regard to the trolls that come out to play with HopeGaming. The reference definitely applies to some of the people that show up in this thread to save us from ourselves.

Reactions: Dragon59

djv007

Apr 23, 2020
can someone tell me how to get a job in school logistic division or how to get logistic influence? I am new to the game and cant seem to figure it out.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
can someone tell me how to get a job in school logistic division or how to get logistic influence? I am new to the game and cant seem to figure it out.
I recommend looking at one of the walkthroughs. I'm partial to mine, in my signature. The first post in the same thread is a different one.

To get some initial Logistics influence requires getting your grades up by the end of the month and getting called to the principal's office. Early on, to get further Logistic influence requires converting either school or general influence. Later, critical successes as a Teacher's Aide grants a bit each time. For most purposes at Logistics, it's easier/cheaper to spend general influence though.

To get to the Logistics office, you have to travel there while school is open (Mon-Fri, morning and day time periods). You can only get to it by flying or getting someone to drive you.

QuickBob

Oct 27, 2019
Sorry to see it's finally gotten the axe dropped, but hopefully the author follows through with SP2 and Unity works better for him. That said, has he said anything about a release date for the final update for this version? (I know he said he would occasionally update things to smooth the transition, but I'm not counting on that.) I figure he at least has a little work done on this one, though. I haven't played in a while and I was waiting to get the newest version before downloading again.

RemoraDFC

Dec 7, 2017
If you are new to the game and early in it. Your mission log should indicate you need a Logistics job. Those can be received from Logistics Center usually in the morning and the first job costs Logistics Influence. Early game you gain Logistics Influence by trading with School Principal for Logistics Influence. She accepts Global or School Influence as currency.

School Influence that early in the game can only be gained by getting 100% on your monthly school reportcard. The Wiki website and walkthroughs have tips on achieving this. But pretty much if you are new to the game and early in your game, then your grade will drop by 6-7 points per week (depending on certain passive benefits of Superpowers. ie: Book Worm). So to combat this and increase your school grade, you need to have critical success in any school lesson, hire a tutor at school, weekends study at NCR College, study in your room, etc. Depending which you choose, gives different benefit. Self study being the weakest, College being the strongest.

Alternately you could pay the principal in Global influence, but it can be difficult to grind that much global influence at start of the game. It gets easier as you increase your Style for example. Since you have not yet unlocked jobs, the main source of Global influence would be a social interaction with each person you interact with to gain influence. It wont be much yet, but if you are lucky you can net a small haul per day until your Style increases and jobs unlock for more. Neighborhood Watch missions will open up eventually, this can also gain you some Global Influence, if you sacrifice your mornings (next day).

Again, as sillyrobot suggests, read the website for more detailed tips, but you have the general gist here. Gaining Influence gets easier later, for now, with no jobs opened to you, you should focus on grades and maybe grind some global influence with the people you meet. If you min/max you can do this in the 1st month. But generally by the end of 2nd month your good to go.

Reactions: djv007

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Sorry to see it's finally gotten the axe dropped, but hopefully the author follows through with SP2 and Unity works better for him. That said, has he said anything about a release date for the final update for this version? (I know he said he would occasionally update things to smooth the transition, but I'm not counting on that.) I figure he at least has a little work done on this one, though. I haven't played in a while and I was waiting to get the newest version before downloading again.
Let's just say that date has been... fluid. It was Nov, then mid Dec, then last week, and now he's working on Loser and will get back to Superpowered "in a few days".

Reactions: RemoraDFC
3.20 star(s) 140 Votes