sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
I agree. I am hoping a new update is coming soon
Well, the dev has stated there will be one "sometime", but that really it affects Sophie and tidying rough edges around Danni and then he's effectively done with this game. Don't expect it more development. Any further work will be to better tie it to the next game.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Be warned though that it is abandoned despite the tag missing.
It's not abandoned yet, it's just planned to be abandoned soon. And even then, the plan is to start on a new game that picks up where this one left off, albeit with a less unreasonable scope.

OldHorsefly

Mar 2, 2021
the plan is to start on a new game that picks up where this one left off, albeit with a less unreasonable scope.
This is good news. SuperPowerd has a lot potential and it might be good idea to create new game instead of trying to solve existing problems with updates.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
It's not abandoned yet, it's just planned to be abandoned soon. And even then, the plan is to start on a new game that picks up where this one left off, albeit with a less unreasonable scope.
Yes, but that there is a plan to write a successor is not relevant to the question whether it is prudent to start with this game now. I'm not trying to be game bashing or similar but when somebody says "I'm gonna start this now" I think it is fair to give a warning that it will for all intents and purposes never be a completed game and stuff will stay unfinished.

Reactions: Wrynn13 and FFTW

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Yes, but that there is a plan to write a successor is not relevant to the question whether it is prudent to start with this game now. I'm not trying to be game bashing or similar but when somebody says "I'm gonna start this now" I think it is fair to give a warning that it will for all intents and purposes never be a completed game and stuff will stay unfinished.
It's just as important to explain what that entails, though. Some stuff that's tied only to this game will stay unfinished, but others will be carried on into the sequel. Just saying "the game is abandoned" paints a completely different picture of the situation than, say, "The developer will be stopping new content in this game to start on a sequel and some content in this one will be left unfinished."

The developer even suggested that they may add some content to this game that transitions into the sequel, implying that they see it as the kind of situation where it makes sense to play Superpowered 1 before Superpowered 2.

Last edited:

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
It's just as important to explain what that entails, though. Some stuff that's tied only to this game will stay unfinished, but others will be carried on into the sequel. Just saying "the game is abandoned" paints a completely different picture of the situation than, say, "The developer will be stopping new content in this game to start on a sequel and some content in this one will be left unfinished."

The developer even suggested that they may add some content to this game that transitions into the sequel, implying that they see it as the kind of situation where it makes sense to play Superpowered 1 before Superpowered 2.
To fully complete the context, you need to change that to "... stopping new content in this game to start on a sequel in a different game engine with different game mechanics, different visual appearances, and an expected lesser focus on in-character conversations".

Not necessarily something to everyone's taste.

Sure the sequel might matter -- if it gets made, continued long enough to have a decent amount of content, and the user actually enjoys the new direction.

Reactions: FFTW

LowLevelLesser

Feb 8, 2021
Well, I cancelled my patreon support two months ago so that's that. It seems I may have made the right choice but I might check back in a year or two and hope for the best regardless.

Last edited:

pbam

May 22, 2018
Well, I cancelled my patreon support two months ago so that's that. It seems I may have made the right choice but I might check back in a year or two and hope for the best regardless.
pretty good strat imho, I usually do it to creators who have very long cycles(longer than 1 month). I wait for several months or until some content I like gets added before subbing to their Mid tier just for the content I want and unsub shortly after.

Dragonbolt

Aug 24, 2019
Huh, I've noticed Well Endowed isn't quite working anymore. Used to be that you'd actually see a noticeable difference in your size, as well as dialogue and scene changes, but it looks like my dick in both scenes is the same as always. Weird. How do I report the bug?

HillDweller

Mar 31, 2020
Agreed. It is like a developer get to the real interesting part get distracted and the old material never gets finished.
likely because devs go breadth first - they introduce a million characters to cover all possible niches, instead of depth first: one character at a time to reasonable completion before jumping to the next.
Just like in LOST *spits at the ground*

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
A lot of good games are getting abandoned too quickly these days. I mean I've been playing Superpowered since the very first released build. Its come very far but if it gets abandoned now that's just sad.
Originally I think it was a RAGS game. If you've really been playing since the first released build...

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Originally I think it was a RAGS game. If you've really been playing since the first released build...
The RAGS game was different with a very different focus. It had Billy and family, but was more focused on Billy as a nascent superhero.

3.20 star(s) 140 Votes