Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
I'm very curious where you got the idea that people feel Patreon is "donate if you want to control my project for me." Because nobody said that.
Look at the posts on his patreon page, and many many other games on patreon. People feel they get to tell the author what to do like they own his/her creation now because they toss $5/mo or whatever

Like I said, my issue with this developer is that he spends most of his time adding needless software bloat in the form of storylines that no one necessarily asked for, and updates for actual content and characters that people like become progressively slower because of it. On top of that, he's especially dickish towards anyone that would try to play his game without supporting him, in the form of passwords and such that make even Patreons' experience worse.
Actually the storylines were a core concept that were intended in even the RAGS version of the game, this goes back to his original vision for the game itself at its inception.
You keep sayin he's dickish to people who want to try the game... yet you also ignore that the FREE version of the game is only a little behind the backer only version. Everytime the backer only version moves forward he updates the free one. He's not being dickish, he's being nice to people paying him money by giving them earlier access... He's denying no one access to the game, and once finished it will be free for all.

-----
so how old is Allie and how old is Stephanie (sister)?
not interested in seeing loli level shit
Its explained in the intro you likely skipped, shes 18.

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
So sister is 18, but Allie?
Would be 18 at least. Just like real life, people come in all shapes and sizes. Either way, if someone doesn't like younger looking girls, it's possible to not interact with them. As for Allie, I don't think she looks as young as one of the other girls (cant think of the name right now).

Chicken123

Autistic chicken
Donor
May 5, 2017
i keep getting arrested by karma and terrorstrike.
any ideas what i might be doing wrong?

Would be 18 at least. Just like real life, people come in all shapes and sizes. Either way, if someone doesn't like younger looking girls, it's possible to not interact with them. As for Allie, I don't think she looks as young as one of the other girls (cant think of the name right now).
it's not about the looks.
It's about the age as i explained above.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 45040

So sister is 18, but Allie?
Supposedly all the girls are over 18...However the fact that the story takes place in a high school sorta makes it seem more like a claim by the author to avoid legal issues. It would be more believable if the story took place at a college and the principal was the dean. Either that, or the students are all really stupid and have repeated several grades.

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Supposedly all the girls are over 18...However the fact that the story takes place in a high school sorta makes it seem more like a claim by the author to avoid legal issues. It would be more believable if the story took place at a college and the principal was the dean. Either that, or the students are all really stupid and have repeated several grades.

Night City High is a private school. Where the requirements are that all students have to be 18 or older.

In reality it is just a claim to satisfy the legal requirements of not having under aged characters.

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
that's only ''look like'' but really?
View attachment 8271
View attachment 8272
Well...It is about the age. I think it might be the wrong term used in game. I think Baal should probable have used something else, but I don't know what it would be...since most of the girls are all supposed to be around 18...they would ALL be Ephebophilia triggers.

Since it should be something more along the lines of being attracted to younger appearance...it should be something else. I just don't know what that term would be. :/

mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Hi, sorry for the newbe question, where in the console are the cheat command list? If i type dir() come out too much for my poor brain... Not only for this game but for all renpy games they use console. Ty

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Hi, sorry for the newbe question, where in the console are the cheat command list? If i type dir() come out too much for my poor brain... Not only for this game but for all renpy games they use console. Ty
They aren't exactly in the console. You can find some on the Debug Menu (if it's enabled) but attacked is my list of console commands. It's a little jumbled...I haven't gotten around to cleaning it up...but should all be there for Superpowered.

You can use to unlock both the console and the Debug menu in pretty much every RenPy game tho

Kata

Feb 17, 2017
Look at the posts on his patreon page, and many many other games on patreon. People feel they get to tell the author what to do like they own his/her creation now because they toss $5/mo or whatever
I see very few actualy posts like these. Obviously people are free to express what they do or don't like, and anything less is censorship. People are always going to have a desire to make their opinion heard. And if you want their money, you have to keep giving them what they want. If you don't care, feel free to ignore them. That's the way the world works.

Actually the storylines were a core concept that were intended in even the RAGS version of the game, this goes back to his original vision for the game itself at its inception.
You keep sayin he's dickish to people who want to try the game... yet you also ignore that the FREE version of the game is only a little behind the backer only version. Everytime the backer only version moves forward he updates the free one. He's not being dickish, he's being nice to people paying him money by giving them earlier access... He's denying no one access to the game, and once finished it will be free for all.
He makes his backers jump through additional hoops in the form of passwords and other protections that make it difficult for people to play/mod the game the way they want to. You seem to like taking one bit out of context and blowing it up as if that was the entire point.

Not only does he add protections that are largely unnecessary and really just reduce QoL of actually playing the game, this is in addition to slow story progression, resetting the progress from the RAGS game (which is still more robust than the current Renpy versions), and generally being lost in the weeds as far as an actual development plan that makes sense.

As I said, for these reasons, I choose not to support him. I'm not sure why you feel the need to be so adamant as if to prove I'm wrong. I can choose who to support or not support, and I can choose to voice the reasons for that decision in a discussion thread about the game itself.

D

Deleted member 45040

arguing with tyrranus is pointless. He's infatuated with baal and defends him on every forum I see that name on.

Reactions: HerpaDerpington

Joshego

Donor
Aug 7, 2016
this game will likely never gets finish. just like the old rag version. too many people, too much power and flaws to implement.
but the rag game has so much more content comparing to the new renpy version. you guys should see how fast he works with his old computer when the renpy project just started, but ever since his new computer installed, 3 months work became a whole year plan?

Hello1

Oct 16, 2016
arguing with tyrranus is pointless. He's infatuated with baal and defends him on every forum I see that name on.
The only problem is that Tyrannus is right. You don't want to pay? Use the free version. You want to bitch about passwords? Use the free version. You dont't want to pay but you want to bitch? Be my guest, but overall, Baal is the one making the game and he has the first and the last word on how he does it. Not happy? Don't pay... oh right, you're already not paying.

HerpaDerpington

Game Developer
May 14, 2017
The only problem is that Tyrannus is right. You don't want to pay? Use the free version. You want to bitch about passwords? Use the free version. You dont't want to pay but you want to bitch? Be my guest, but overall, Baal is the one making the game and he has the first and the last word on how he does it. Not happy? Don't pay... oh right, you're already not paying.
He wouldn't make anything if he got jackshit for money. Food for thought.

1 year in development and still there isn't even a modicum of backstory. You can be as blatant and black and white you want to be as far to whom gets to voice their opinion based on their backing, but so can we who don't pay "shady" developers (which includes being lazy, milking your patreons, being an arse, snob, superiority complex, you get the idea, just fill in the BINGO). Making a half baked RAGS game doesn't make you a competent developer.

So yes, when people offer me a free version which still sucks balls, I'm getting triggered. Would you like someone to offer you a 5 year expired milk carton for free in real life?

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 140 Votes