desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I just hit dungeon level 33 on my last playthrough I'm 100% sure there are other ways to do things. Probably better ways to do things. But I decided to keep a log of my experience because I couldn't find anything resembling a wiki or guide to this game. If you think what I'm doing is incorrect feel free to argue :) I'd love to hear anyone's perspective and if you've got strats yourself I'll try them out and amend the post if they're better.

E.g I was singing the praises of the Mijirou or something starter unit. But I did eventually get to the point where they were simply getting slaughtered. But in a game where ur supposed to do multiple playthroughs a unit like that with a steal ability is always going to be nice to clean up some drops early game. so the effort gone into levelling it really isn't wasted.
Yea, I thought the majirou would be rather good (due to stealing mats), but I dropped it in an attempt to try and keep up with the power curve after realizing there is a time limit. Didn't do much good, because it just can't be done. The result was that the majirou was too low lvl to bother using at that point. I also went with the idea of pairing the MC with low troop count but strong monsters to make each reinforcement worth more.

One unit that is the absolute MVP is the green slime cube. This thing seems like the best tanky unit with high hp and good defense. I pair it with Karon and place her in the opening room where she can wreck face for a while with the healing spell. Although, placing a gold generating thing in the entry tile seems to work well once you expand the dungeon twice.

I agree that anti air is mandatory for the final defense tile. I found most traps to be kinda worthless, so I just use extra lands for gold generation. The veggie garden is a great one early on. I think the first trap that even does anything is the Magma one. The log thing that hits them back to the entrance is good too, but it gives too little strength/fun/variaty (not sure what exactly the dungeon rating or dungeon variety even does though heh).

Then again, I think all of this is kinda moot. This game isn't truly about strategy... In the end, it's just about grinding lvls. No amount of ingenious stats or optimal play can actually let you beat it in one go.

After 2 runs of what I consider to be a rather great performance, my highest unit is lvl 25ish on 0/3 limit breaks. I have recruited 2 extra leaders (not counting Fuu) out of a huge list of like 15 or so characters. I have only most of the inner ring of the compass.

Just how long is this game lol? And how many times would I have to start over? And why doesn't my skip scene work on NG+ damnit.

Last edited:

Blueitem

Oct 5, 2018
Man, this game's structure confuses the hell out of me -- actually, let me rephrase: This game's structure is a mess and should've either leaned into the visual novel bits of the roguelite bits, not both. Or at least have a function to auto-skip already viewed scenes.

I do plan to keep at it, because I do generally like the writing, characters, and even the gameplay to some extent (I'd like it more if didn't constantly reset me >.< ), but man, this is pretty much the most aggravating way to experience this. It wouldn't be so bad if you kept unlocked dungeon size, rooms, traps, etc, but without that the early parts are such a slog. And the turn limit isn't even justified by the narative or anything, so it seemingly just there to annoy you!

Jirgos

Oct 29, 2020
I'm on Np3+ and here are a few things I learned :
-Skip viewed scene kinda broke during my Np2+ but came back for Np3, I don't know if it's because i ended np1 with Karon ending or because I got Keifa way earlier in the run this time
-You actually skip dispatch level when your unit are overleveled in particular at the start, had my forest go from lvl 7 to lvl 10 for example so Np+ are a lot less a pain than at first except for...
-Because you skip level like that, some recruitement battle are harder at Np+, like Keifa was harder at Np3 because I was on countryside 10 rather than 5 where I meet here for the first time
-Limit Break are stronger than it appear, as it only show than it will upgrade the first skill of the unit when you are at the right level to Limit Break, only got so far as Limit Break 1 for now so I don't know if later Limit Break up other skill or add skill for the devil who only have 2 like say the Gora.
-There is only 2 (3 if you count Tail) devil who have the jump ability, so it's possible to micro manage pretty hard your room if you don't need Anti-Air, should really change the Wereclaw in my last defense room...

Reactions: desmosome

Trollwut

Oct 14, 2019
Just finished it. Ok, you don't really need strategy here, rather disappointing actually, just brute force everything in 4 playthrough.
Why four?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So, my question is :
This game has full set of nude sprite aside of normal sprite but you barely see it in the game. Is there actually a secret feature for "undressed" mode or something?

Reactions: eternian

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Oh I tired it on easy mode and it is not easy at all. There is no benefits to it what so ever. You only get the monster Pure Heart level 15 and you only get it on your first playthrough and doesn't get imported to new game unless you recruit it during new game plus. This is a game that you won't beat on your first playthrough the levels of enemies get ridiculous. This is due too the time limit you are given only 25 turns until you raise your rating to gain new turns. You will have to start over from the very beginning.
Yeah I guess they went with the Wizard Climber approach after all, though it doesn't seem like you get branching paths in the same way. Wizard Climber was completely designed around restarting and newgame+. Everytime you'd start over you'd get new events and storylines and stuff right from the getgo. You'd start off already progressing pretty far into the game and things changed drastically (Stuff unlocked right at the start that would normally takes years to unlock and such) You didn't really start seeing repeats until like your 5th run.

This game might have different endings, but it's still pretty repetitive with the early stuff so far. Guess I'll have to keep playing to check out all of that, but just the lack of different starting difficulties and the way your stats don't reset and allow you to redistribute stuff makes it seem like they didn't go quite as deep as with Wizard Climber. Man, I want more games like Wizard Climber...

Last edited:
Reactions: desmosome

May 6, 2017
That isn't my style so I hacked the hell out of the game with cheat engine. Gold and XP are quite easy to find. Hacking the turn number also works. But I've yet to see if that maybe messes with some things. I suspect most events simply have a turn number they show up so rolling it backwards won't hurt.
can you teach me how to cheat the number of turn using cheat engine, what value type u use and so on
i dont mind farming but i hate when i have limited of turn to play

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
can you teach me how to cheat the number of turn using cheat engine, what value type u use and so on
i dont mind farming but i hate when i have limited of turn to play
It's just a 4 integer value like anything else. There are many many good tutorials on the internet on how to use cheat engine's basic functionality and that should really be all you need.

Brontanius

Sep 27, 2017
Anyone else try the codes on page 9 and only 1 works as its stated?
New training equipment is correct
The others listed aren't. Although on page 10 there was someone who got Merry Christmas to work by adding in a !. So Merry Christmas!

ndbl1992

Dec 21, 2018
Here you are (CE64x):

1) Search for gold (4 bytes).
2) Select gold value you'd found and select gold value in my table.
3) Right mouse on gold value and pick "Recalculate new addresses".
4) Enjoy! :)
Thanks a lot for your help ! :D

dfclover

Jun 12, 2019
So, how do you unlock the upgrades to increase your dungeon size? it seems unlocking new villages to promote your dungeon isn't enough to unlock further upgrades.

3.80 star(s) 9 Votes