VN Ren'Py Completed SWe1: The Warrior's Heart [v1.0] [Mortze]

4.60 star(s) 130 Votes

yandex

Oct 17, 2018
Just because they were offered the same hospitality doesn't they went through with it. She didn't agree with the Jedis teaching, but that doesn't mean she wouldn't use the skills they gave her such as resisting what was happening at the spa. There is no evidence whatsoever of her having a prior sexual relationship with the blue man and she could easily resist sexual desires if she wanted to because it's not a need. Just because shes pragmatic doesn't mean she's okay with blue sex slaver man fucking her. Again she's a former trained Jedi, just because she doesn't follow their teaching anymore doesn't mean she won't use their skills to resist whatever was happening. Also there is also no evidence or implications of any of the party agreeing to the services. You keep stating these false "implications" as fact even though there is no evidence at all for them. As far as we know MC is the only one who slept with someone and Jijoo could've simply masturbated and Kleio more than likely resisted it or ignored it. Doesn't match at all with her character if she didn't.

At the end of the day we don't know until the next episode or episodes which won't be released for a while, we'd have to wait for the writer themselves to tell us. We may actually never know, and I'm honestly tired of discussing this. You think they did and I think they didn't, the end.
We come back to the point that doesnt mean any of them refused the hospitality, that is left open for interpretation. Why would she resist sex ? Is sex a bad thing ? This IS a sex game. Why do you make it out like that blue slaver man fucking her ? Like he is dominating her and abusing her and she is a victim and this is something bad. Sex is the most pleasurable thing for humans and females too, not only males, if she had sex with blue man that was not only the "blue slaver man fucking her" she was equally fucking him as well, in fact she might even overpower him for that matter taking into account her background.
You also make it out like "resisting the sex" like it was mind control at work there or drugs etc and Kleio used her jedi training to resist it and weak beings (MC) failed to resist it. There was no such thing there which needed resistance in form of jedi skills.
Regarding her leaving Jedis she did say the Jedi code didn't consider the human emotions, it wanted jedis to act kinda like robots following a code which she didnt agree with, sexual emotions are one of the biggest humans have, it would be very counterintuitive to assume she doesnt have them. You are accusing me of false implications, you yourself are very vehemently trying to disprove something which we dont know happened or not.

I think that's enough argument, let's wrap it here, What we do know is that place is a paradise of sex, we can be almost sure all of the party got offered same treatment as MC, who accepted and who refused we dont know (i get the sense from you that for MC accepting it is a good thing, yet if any female characters accept it, they got fucked by the slavers and that is a very bad thing). So 50/50 chance for everyone that they fucked there or not. Now as we saw there they trained people for sex, people with very desirable sexual traits, who would not want to indulge in one of the greatest pleasures available and offered with attractive, desireable companions? (unless you say females indulging in sexual pleasures with anyone except MC is a bad thing, or if the MC is the only one with sexual needs and emotions) This leads me to believe that something did happen, and what I took as an implication (a false implication as you say).

NoI'mDirtyDan

Oct 14, 2017
We come back to the point that doesnt mean any of them refused the hospitality, that is left open for interpretation. Why would she resist sex ? Is sex a bad thing ? This IS a sex game. Why do you make it out like that blue slaver man fucking her ? Like he is dominating her and abusing her and she is a victim and this is something bad. Sex is the most pleasurable thing for humans and females too, not only males, if she had sex with blue man that was not only the "blue slaver man fucking her" she was equally fucking him as well, in fact she might even overpower him for that matter taking into account her background.
You also make it out like "resisting the sex" like it was mind control at work there or drugs etc and Kleio used her jedi training to resist it and weak beings (MC) failed to resist it. There was no such thing there which needed resistance in form of jedi skills.
Regarding her leaving Jedis she did say the Jedi code didn't consider the human emotions, it wanted jedis to act kinda like robots following a code which she didnt agree with, sexual emotions are one of the biggest humans have, it would be very counterintuitive to assume she doesnt have them. You are accusing me of false implications, you yourself are very vehemently trying to disprove something which we dont know happened or not.
Considering you and the Captain both got randomly and mysteriously horny at the same time, yes there was something at play. Maybe she would resist the sex because obviously she came for information, not to sleep with some slaver.
I think that's enough argument, let's wrap it here, What we do know is that place is a paradise of sex, we can be almost sure all of the party got offered same treatment as MC, who accepted and who refused we dont know (i get the sense from you that for MC accepting it is a good thing, yet if any female characters accept it, they got fucked by the slavers and that is a very bad thing).
Whatever senses you have they arent working properly, I never wanted the MC to accept and fuck the sex slave that was pretty much forced on the player without any reason.
Now as we saw there they trained people for sex, people with very desirable sexual traits, who would not want to indulge in one of the greatest pleasures available and offered with attractive, desireable companions? (unless you say females indulging in sexual pleasures with anyone except MC is a bad thing, or if the MC is the only one with sexual needs and emotions) This leads me to believe that something did happen, and what I took as an implication (a false implication as you say).
Well i didnt want to indulge. Also as someone said thats not an implication, there was nothing said or done to imply they accepted beside your personal thoughts of who wouldnt fuck them.

Anyway Im done, you can reply after this but im just going to ignore it. This conversation isnt going anywhere and im not changing how i feel and you arent along with you false use of an implication.

Last edited:

yandex

Oct 17, 2018
can we focus on: when there will be a second episode? o_O
Um better not, this/these dev(s) only deliver a complete game and not 0.1 0.2 and so on. So whenever the game arrives its a complete delight but the wait is BIG, could be anywhere from 6 months to 1 Year, considering this came recently AND they released another game (Life changes for Keely) after this one, I'd say forget about it in near future and it would a great surprise and treat later on when you discover unexpectedly that a new game from Tora/Mortze has released

The Ponderer

Jul 9, 2017
I enjoyed the game so far but I have a critique, the player should not be reminded to save before crucial choices, it takes you out of the immersion.

ut1stgear1

May 2, 2020
As soon as I saw the name Mortze I knew I was in for a treat with this game. Haven't even played it yet and already know I will love it.

lance43230

Feb 2, 2020
Love the story so far. Only problem is it shuts down, locks up, or crashes every two dozen slides or so. Probably a win10 memory hole plus Chrome in background on an old POS machine w 12 GB RAM. My problem, just thought I'd let you know.

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
I'm curious if you get the same crashes in Life Changes for Keeley. We used the same overlay in both games, so knowing if LCfK crashes the same way would point in that direction. I assume you don't have similar crashes in other Renpy visual novels, right?

Tlaero

• Thinking Face
Reactions: AlienEDM

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I've never actually seen an out of memory error in a Ren'Py game before, but now I got one.

Once, before the crash happened, suddenly scenes stopped from being displayed and the screen went black instead. Only text was still visible. Switched from full screen to window, checked the script and scene image name and all seemed fine. I didn't close the game and it didn't crash then, either. I just switched back to full screen and rolled back to the last visible image, then moved forward again and following scenes became visible again. I'm guessing that switching from full screen to window must have cleared some of the memory or something.

So I just continued playing up until now. Now suddenly the screen went black for a moment and the game crashed at scene kleio11k1, leaving me with an out of memory error message in the traceback:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I don't see anything wrong with the main script and images are fine and anything but large in size, so my first suspect of being a never-before-seen memory hog is the fancy shmancy animated custom GUI :unsure:

The game is totally awesome from the first second and scene, btw. Just as all the games by Mortze and Tlaero.

The GUI looks pretty neat, but is missing arrows on the save slots screen, since they've been commented out in screenSaveLoad.rpy (line 137, 171 and 172), limiting save slots to 10 pages only (which is very little for Ren'Py). An easy fix to make.
And I dont really like stuff that covers up images on the screen, as that huge quick menu does in this game.

And then there is that memory "leak" problem. Considering the simplicity of the main game script, it can only be the GUI at fault, IMHO.
I'll try again and see if it happens again or was some random fluke.

Last edited:

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
Penfold Mole here is a post from much earlier in the thread by me dealing with this exact issue.
realkane I'm with you with the constant crashing of the game. It might help to go into graphic properties and mess with the settings there.

Shift G and play with the render settings.

There is also a post that gives some RenPy documentation for a fix to the image size cache. I could not play it on my laptop with 8 Gb of memory, but it worked fine on the desktop with 16 Gb.
I believe I had to change the render engine to make it work right on Windows 7. And I just found that the link under the "here" is bad and I don't know if I can find the correct location anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Penfold Mole

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Penfold Mole here is a post from much earlier in the thread by me dealing with this exact issue.

I believe I had to change the render engine to make it work right on Windows 7. And I just found that the link under the "here" is bad and I don't know if I can find the correct location anymore.
Thanks, the game just crashed again, without even being able to generate a traceback this time.
I'll try to change rendering settings and try to google for Ren'Py image cache size modification if that won't help.

Thanks a lot for the tip! (y)

The URL under 'here' sure doesn't look like a proper one :p
http://%22Well,%20that%20makes%20sense,%20but%20couldnt%20you%20just%20get%20other%20girls%20who%20arent%20related%20to%20you%20to%20pose%20for%20the%20camera?%22

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
I didn't have anything to do with this game, but I spent some time in the renpy code when I wrote LCfK. For instance, I fixed the saved games issue Penfold Mole pointed out. I didn't do anything to change the memory allocation, though. So I'm curious if you also get crashes in Life Changes for Keeley. If so, it heavily suggests the overlay, since that's similar between the games. If not, there are other differences in the two, including a few videos which LCfK doesn't have. It feels like a video would be more likely to cause memory issues than an overlay, but anything is possible.

Tlaero

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
Thanks, the game just crashed again, without even being able to generate a traceback this time.
I'll try to change rendering settings and try to google for Ren'Py image cache size modification if that won't help.

Thanks a lot for the tip! (y)

The URL under 'here' sure doesn't look like a proper one :p
http://%22Well,%20that%20makes%20sense,%20but%20couldnt%20you%20just%20get%20other%20girls%20who%20arent%20related%20to%20you%20to%20pose%20for%20the%20camera?%22
I think I fixed the "here" problem :rolleyes: but what it referred to was another post here in the thread where the answer was to reduce the image size cache from 1G to 300M like had been done with Being a Dik.

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
The 'purple lightsaber wielding bald motherfucker' line had me on the floor. This shit is better than all of the Disney SW movies combined. Props to Mortze for doing a relatable and believable SW story in a game, something several multi-million dollar productions couldn't pull off.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I think I fixed the "here" problem :rolleyes: but what it referred to was another post here in the thread where the answer was to reduce the image size cache from 1G to 300M like had been done with Being a Dik.
config.image_cache_size_mb was already 300MB in this game, that seems to be the default size for Ren'Py. For reasons unknown this seems to have no desired effect and Ren'Py just gobbles up everything you have and crashes itself or your entire system as it finally happened to me on the third crash of the game.
This may be an actual memory leak problem with Ren'Py 7.3.0.271, since it's been already mentioned here as a problem with some other games before, without an actual working solution besides upgrading Ren'Py to a newer version though: https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-games-will-crash-after-a-few-moments-out-of-memory.41513/

An alternative way to limit Ren'Py image cache is to set config.image_cache_size to a number that represents image cache size as a multiple of the screen size in pixels. By default its value is not set, None. When you set a value to it, Ren'Py will use this as image cache size and ignore the value of config.image_cache_size_mb:

I found an about setting it to 8 for starters. And after setting to 8 I had no further crashes. Perfomance seemed normal, not limited in any way. I'm sure this value could be set several times larger, since the game kept its size in memory below 300MB from now.
However, since this value had no perfomance hit on the game, I finished the game without trying to change it.
Everything worked perfectly and the game never once crashed again.

Reactions: Regardie

soloniro

Aug 16, 2020
Damn! I was not expecting the game to be as good or as good looking as it was. Art style is pretty close to the original source material and I thoroughly enjoyed that.

Great quality in a short episode.

My only criticism though is that the MC kinda looks like an extra or an NPC. Really minor gripe.

Reactions: occamyDG

Amansas

Apr 17, 2018
um... so basically a noob question, but, do i need to know about star wars before playing this? Like, i LOVE Mortze's game so much, but I'm not really interested in the films, so i'm worried i may miss many references and plot points if i haven't seen the movies... So, could someone clarify whether i really need to be a star wars fan to understand the game??

Reactions: yandex

Kronordil

Jul 9, 2018
Amansas nope. It has some sentences that reference the movies, but those are just comic relief.

To enjoy this game, you need nothing except love for stories.

Reactions: Amansas

yandex

Oct 17, 2018
um... so basically a noob question, but, do i need to know about star wars before playing this? Like, i LOVE Mortze's game so much, but I'm not really interested in the films, so i'm worried i may miss many references and plot points if i haven't seen the movies... So, could someone clarify whether i really need to be a star wars fan to understand the game??
Absolutely no, in fact this game itself is a very good intro to star wars universe, as I experienced myself

Reactions: Amansas
4.60 star(s) 130 Votes