VN Ren'Py Completed SWe1: The Warrior's Heart [v1.0] [Mortze]

4.60 star(s) 129 Votes

Mortze

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2017
Perhaps my input won't.

I underscore everything Moskys just said. Tlaero not only had a huge support in the making of the game earning a just place in the credits but she constantly asks me what I want to do and is very supportive of any idea I might have regarding continuing the next chapter. She suggested writting it with me, coding only, or simply a supportive role, anything I'd like. But it is as Moskys says. If I were to pass the writting role to Tlaero I would not like it because - despite she being a far better writter - I used my own voice in the game. The dialogues are cruder, with more profanity, and more intuitive and that doesn't make it a better writting, it's just my voice. And I don't see how we could ask Tlaero to write with my voice. Impossible, unfair, unthinkable.
She's also a writter that needs to vent off her writting creativity into a medium and our games is a good medium for her and I couldn't ask her to step away and only do code for the Star Wars game while I write it. That would be unfair and unkind to a person I admire and cherish. She needs to express her voice too and I'm glad to help in the medium we have.

On the other hand, Star Wars is a setting that is very hard to monetize on, specially since Disney owns it. These games are my revenue and spending almost a full year making a game I wouldn't be able to get revenue on isn't an option. Steam won't sell such a game, and Patreon are very on the edge regarding what they allow or not and SW doesn't seem to me to be worth the risk.

Call the project dead or not, it's up to you. I don't see what the big deal is. The game is free to play. You're not owned anything.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
On the other hand, Star Wars is a setting that is very hard to monetize on, specially since Disney owns it. These games are my revenue and spending almost a full year making a game I wouldn't be able to get revenue on isn't an option. Steam won't sell such a game, and Patreon are very on the edge regarding what they allow or not and SW doesn't seem to me to be worth the risk.

Call the project dead or not, it's up to you. I don't see what the big deal is. The game is free to play. You're not owned anything.
I can understand your arguments although I don´t like the logical result.

It´s because - as I already posted here https://f95zone.to/threads/swe1-the-warriors-heart-v1-0-mortze.46344/post-12672596 - this VN started really awesome.
Meanwhile after the experience of some more outstanding VN´s I have to confess TWH is even one of the best ever seen and it´s a pity that it ended half way (or even earlier) out of the blue.
Such a potential wasted :cry:

Anyway not to end only crying over spilled milk something positive: much success and pleasure with your running work and further furtile cooperation with Tlaero :love:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
The two games in the pictures above are arguably some of the very best written female centric pieces of gaming around.
Star Wars under Disnei is going to absolute madness -girl boss- shenanigans, so this game and Toro 7 are great girl centric games where male characters do not get neutered, spaced, stepped on or plot trashed to solidify total girl boss domination because of girl powers and boy incomptetence.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

We might get ahead of ourselves about a sequel or prequel or spin off around this game, what we are certain is that such a game brings strong and relatable female boss characters and leaves some space in there for males to exist, which in the hollywood virtue signalling disnei retcon of star wars movies or series landscape of today - it is a big and healthy breath of fresh air.

Maybe, just maybe, a space oddisey, like Toro, but into deep space, or like this one but set in the very proximity - let us use real life as a refference and game a south coreean or a Tibetan space station centric game. Possibly a round the world trip on a Maltese or SAn Marinese or some Ibiza Outer Athmosphere Cruise space ship rollercoster game.

Fun times when using this game as a foundation to dream whacky rides.

• Red Heart
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
The two games in the pictures above are arguably some of the very best written female centric pieces of gaming around.
Star Wars under Disnei is going to absolute madness -girl boss- shenanigans, so this game and Toro 7 are great girl centric games where male characters do not get neutered, spaced, stepped on or plot trashed to solidify total girl boss domination because of girl powers and boy incomptetence.

We might get ahead of ourselves about a sequel or prequel or spin off around this game, what we are certain is that such a game brings strong and relatable female boss characters and leaves some space in there for males to exist, which in the hollywood virtue signalling disnei retcon of star wars movies or series landscape of today - it is a big and healthy breath of fresh air.

Maybe, just maybe, a space oddisey, like Toro, but into deep space, or like this one but set in the very proximity - let us use real life as a refference and game a south coreean or a Tibetan space station centric game. Possibly a round the world trip on a Maltese or SAn Marinese or some Ibiza Outer Athmosphere Cruise space ship rollercoster game.

Fun times when using this game as a foundation to dream whacky rides.
Absolutely agree, although Toro 7 was indeed finished but unfortunately a little short.
Also big potential left unused https://f95zone.to/threads/toro-7-ep-7-tora-productions.111945/post-11514214
Yeah. I also loved Toro 7 and that, regardless of gender chosen, the protagonist was equally competent. (I played several times, so had PTs as both.) Of course it makes sense from a coding / writing perspective as well (a lot easier to keep mostly the same plot path and dialogue). But given stories like this one as well, I think it's obviously the attitude both Mortze and Tlaero have in general. It makes for a great gaming / reading experience — focusing on the MC's struggles and successes and not how they identify. People can be extremely competent and powerful, full stop.

Reactions: Liadar and turbojoe
4.60 star(s) 129 Votes