VN Ren'Py Completed SWe1: The Warrior's Heart [v1.0] [Mortze]

4.60 star(s) 128 Votes

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
He Did. A total home run...in fact one of the very best on F95... And that is why, over a year after he released the first chapter this thread is still alive with people like me who are interested in it.

He did such a great job introducing the characters, and their world and their potential problems that the story just begs to be continued. There is SO much more story here to be told.

I think what confuses fans of this story's production is that Mortze is such a visual artist and has, as you point out, continued to produce amazing art for your stories since then, why the hell not this one...his baby? It can't be the art workload. It can't be because it wasn't well received. It certainly has a fan base. So if it was just story work/development (i.e. plot and his interest in it etc) He could certainly get help with that to take any load or pressure off him in that regard. (So Mortze, if you're listening, I think I could help.)

So we're left with a conundrum. A mystery. This is so sad. It's the greatest dead game on the F95 database
because he did knock it out of the park! ...but he never ran the bases, let alone crossed home plate.
He's mentioned why he didn't continue, he prefers working with Tlaero than on his own. They have some new stuff for the Elsaverse planned.

Never say never but as of right now it doesn't seem like he has any plans of coming back to this any time soon.

Just think of us poor souls that waited for Pandora 2.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Anyway amazing scenery and characters - Mortze Art as I know from Toro7.
Despite the dropped resumption I´ve just learned in the last postings above I´m looking forward to several hours of amazing entertainment :love:
well since every girl and woman have their own paths there's a lot to play.

Reactions: turbojoe

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
He's mentioned why he didn't continue, he prefers working with Tlaero than on his own. They have some new stuff for the Elsaverse planned.

Never say never but as of right now it doesn't seem like he has any plans of coming back to this any time soon.

Just think of us poor souls that waited for Pandora 2.
As you and Dripping have both confirmed, this is well known, so well known for quite a while now that one might suspect it carries beyond just their creative collaborations. But that's their business. Whatever the case, I wish them well with all their endeavors.

They have proven to be a very productive and excellent artistic team. However, their team efforts have been solely in support of her stories which, if Mortze had never proven with 'the Warriors Heart' that he has the talent and ability to be a first rate story teller and game creator on his own, I would have been totally satisfied and happy with.

But now, I and obviously others on this thread, long for more of his unique creative story telling skills, not only this story but possibly others as well. My pain is not only for not being able to see where this adventure was taking us, but for the apparent loss of all of his personal story telling talent in the future. Tlaero and I are alike in that we are story tellers. But we need a visual artist to make our mental visions come alive. Mortze has demonstrated that he has both abilities. We need him. He doesn't need us. As he must have loved it at the start, why his choice of not doing more of his S-Wars story is the mystery, a tragic one for all of us. What is it? What does he need to do his stories?

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
As you and Dripping have both confirmed, this is well known, so well known for quite a while now that one might suspect it carries beyond just their creative collaborations. But that's their business. Whatever the case, I wish them well with all their endeavors.

They have proven to be a very productive and excellent artistic team. However, their team efforts have been solely in support of her stories which, if Mortze had never proven with 'the Warriors Heart' that he has the talent and ability to be a first rate story teller and game creator on his own, I would have been totally satisfied and happy with.

But now, I and obviously others on this thread, long for more of his unique creative story telling skills, not only this story but possibly others as well. My pain is not only for not being able to see where this adventure was taking us, but for the apparent loss of all of his personal story telling talent in the future. Tlaero and I are alike in that we are story tellers. But we need a visual artist to make our mental visions come alive. Mortze has demonstrated that he has both abilities. We need him. He doesn't need us. As he must have loved it at the start, why his choice of not doing more of his S-Wars story is the mystery, a tragic one for all of us. What is it? What does he need to do his stories?
Just let the man be, he's just not feeling it. He got an idea and proved himself he could do it, but then that challenge wasn't there anymore. This game was over, Tlaero had come back with exciting stories in her mind and he just felt lost and trapped in a project that didn't stimulate him enough anymore: due to his approach to creation, he just felt more motivated to keep building those other stories he's also responsible for and enjoys immensely. It's not a mystery, he literally said so, just look for his posts on this very same thread. He's also sad by the fact he's not developing this series further, but sometimes you have to choose and he has made his choice, the one he's more comfortable with.

On a personal note, I may add that the more people keep telling him to resume this work, the less probable is that he'll find that spark to do so, especially when he is so comfortable working with her the way they do and has such an intense feeling of 'completion' when working together. It should be clear at this point. Don't try to drag people out of their comfort zone, it's usually a commendable intention but it's not always the solution for everybody: sometimes you just get the opposite reaction. My guess is that this kind of 'emotional blackmail' saying how you'd love to see him prosper on his own is not going to work the way you'd wish.

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
You folks are always looking for villains when there isn't one. When we finished Chasing Beth, we sat down and discussed what we'd do next. I offered Star Wars, Dream Corps, or something new, and told him to pick the one he wanted. He chose Toro 7, where he created the setting, most of the characters, and the basis of the plot. The same thing happened with Pandora 2 back in the day. There's no grand conspiracy here.

This is a hobby for me. It's Mortze's full time job. For the most part, he picks what we work on.

Tlaero

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
You folks are always looking for villains when there isn't one. When we finished Chasing Beth, we sat down and discussed what we'd do next. I offered Star Wars, Dream Corps, or something new, and told him to pick the one he wanted. He chose Toro 7, where he created the setting, most of the characters, and the basis of the plot. The same thing happened with Pandora 2 back in the day. There's no grand conspiracy here.

This is a hobby for me. It's Mortze's full time job. For the most part, he picks what we work on.

Tlaero
We've tried telling them that multiple times but they don't want to listen.

As for the Pandora comment, it was meant as a joke because it was brought up a lot back then. Sure it would have been nice to see how the story went, it was an interesting setting but I was heavily invested in the Elsaverse so I saw it as a win anyway.

I certainly won't complain about what he chooses to work on considering it's giving me more from the Elsaverse. There was a time not so long ago I never thought i'd get any more stories from that setting so i'm over the moon you 2 are working together still.

turbojoe

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2021
I doubt that Mortze cares whether this is listed as "Completed" or "Abandoned." If you read his post on the subject you'll see that he absolutely did feel guilty when he stopped working on the sequel. The "completed" tag has no bearing on it. But that was years ago. I certainly hope he doesn't still feel guilty about it. He's delivered too many great games since then.

Tlaero
I do not feel guilty about it. It's not like I owe anyone for not continuing the story further - it's a free game after all. But I don't feel good either, more like a kind of sadness for not sharing the ideas I had. Completed or Abandoned is not really relevant for me. It kind is both.
Unfortunately already finished first playthrough, and have only one word: AWESOME!

It´s far from me to put any pressure on Mortze but it´s really a pity that there is such a great potential left unused.

Anyway remember me what I wrote about Toro7 https://f95zone.to/threads/toro-7-ep-7-tora-productions.111945/post-11431508 and https://f95zone.to/threads/toro-7-ep-7-tora-productions.111945/post-11514214

Hey Tlaero - it´s some years ago, maybe meanwhile Mortze has rediscovered some interest to complete his ideas from back then with you together? ;)

That would be ....(what´s above awesome?)

Reactions: professorx10

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Hey Tlaero - it´s some years ago, maybe meanwhile Mortze has rediscovered some interest to complete his ideas from back then with you together? ;)
suggested by yours truly years ago and reply was like it's up to mortze.

turbojoe

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2021
and reply was like it's up to mortze.
Imo not necessarily - as we learnt above Mortze is completed with his old work.
But he´s working together with Tlaero so it´s now on her to possibly persuade him to continue this amazing plot together ;)

Hope always dies last.............

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Imo not necessarily - as we learnt above Mortze is completed with his old work.
But he´s working together with Tlaero so it´s now on her to possibly persuade him to continue this amazing plot together ;)

Hope always dies last.............
at that time it was up to mortze if he was willing to continue this with tiaero. today it's different thing, he has gotten over whatever it was in past.

Reactions: turbojoe

Stall0

Dec 30, 2023
If you allow my two cents here: nagging or pestering an artist about what to make is almost always futile, as others wrote, and it may even create opposite results.

What could work tho (a big MAYBE), is if they see how their work still has fans out there.

I just played it and Personally, this is head and shoulders above other VNs out there. It's short, but the setting, direction, characters, the erotic scenes are all great. The not-jedi and the captain are insanely hot.

Unironically this is better SW content than what we got from Disney. Having a Jawa sidekick alone is more innovative than the sequels.
They didn't lie when they said they aimed to recreate the SW atmosphere.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
If you allow my two cents here: nagging or pestering an artist about what to make is almost always futile, as others wrote, and it may even create opposite results.
right but some are i want it all and i want it now.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
It's fine to want something but in all the years i've followed Tlaero's work i've never heard of her pushing anyone to work on anything, that's not her style.

I've slept since then so my memory of it is hazy but when she came back out of retirement to work with Mortze she was only going to come back part time. I remember it was going to be they work together on a project then Mortze does a solo while she takes a back seat and so on.

After that it was Mortze that said he preferred to work with Tlaero and wanted to continue that.

I get people wanting more but trying to push him into it isn't going to get the desired result. If anything it's just going to annoy him and make him less likely to ever come back to this.

I don't know if this will ever get sequels, all I know factually is they are working on a new Elsaverse game so I have to admit i'm happy with that.

As far as this goes, it may just be a case of having to let go. If one day it happens then it happens. If it doesn't happen then at least we got this. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, some of us here already went through something similar with one of Mortze earlier games, Pandora. Story started off like your average date sim. Story was good, characters were great and the setting built up really well. By the end it left a lot of questions but that's just how it goes. We got Pandora and we loved it all the same.

There are no villains here though. Nobody stopped Mortze from working on it just like nobody can push him to work on more.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I've slept since then so my memory of it is hazy but when she came back out of retirement to work with Mortze she was only going to come back part time. I remember it was going to be they work together on a project then Mortze does a solo while she takes a back seat and so on.

After that it was Mortze that said he preferred to work with Tlaero and wanted to continue that.
something like that and luckily for us.

Stall0

Dec 30, 2023
Avaron1974 I haven't played any of their other games yet. Weirdly enough, seeing the list of Elsaverse games I felt overwhelmed and didn't touch them. I think I just couldn't finish them all

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Avaron1974 I haven't played any of their other games yet. Weirdly enough, seeing the list of Elsaverse games I felt overwhelmed and didn't touch them. I think I just couldn't finish them all
Note I am incredibly biased because they are my fave stories but it is well worth it to give them a look.

I know it looks a lot but some of those are short stories to tie in some characters and link them to the main games. Not a heavy read.

The original 4 are the best place to start, it introduces Elsa who's pretty much the main girl for the series and her friends.

To shorten the list start with...

Dreaming with Elsa.
Redemption for Jessika.
Finding Miranda.
Saving Chloe.

Those finish the first arc minus a couple of short stories then once you finish those and know what's going on it should be easier to tackle the rest.

Reactions: Dripping

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I haven't played any of their other games yet. Weirdly enough, seeing the list of Elsaverse games I felt overwhelmed and didn't touch them. I think I just couldn't finish them all
no need to play all if you don't want, i played version which they made before toro 7 and while no clue who the chars were it still was nice game.

Reactions: Stall0
4.60 star(s) 128 Votes