VN Ren'Py Completed SWe1: The Warrior's Heart [v1.0] [Mortze]

4.60 star(s) 128 Votes

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
it's not wanting.
It pretty much is.

This is one that Mortze develops on his own, Tlaero isn't involved.

As it stands he's not motivated enough to work on Part 2 and wants to do some more work with Tlaero. It was going to be develop one with her then work on one by himself but he enjoys working with her so this got put on the back burner until he gets to urge to come back to it.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
It pretty much is.

This is one that Mortze develops on his own, Tlaero isn't involved.

As it stands he's not motivated enough to work on Part 2 and wants to do some more work with Tlaero. It was going to be develop one with her then work on one by himself but he enjoys working with her so this got put on the back burner until he gets to urge to come back to it.
Which sadly isn't going to happen until the twelfth of never. . .

I think he gets most of his story ideas from Tlaero and has a harder time working on a project when he has to write the story as well as do the artwork, at which he is fantastically talented.
Having helped write other Sci-Fi games with Xavster_gaming I'd volunteer in a heartbeat to help him out along that line. . .but I haven't heard from him, even tho' I offered. Too bad as I think this could be made into a real a**kicking VN!!

• Love
Reactions: Icekatana

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Why is this game tagged "completed" if it i only the first episode? It should rather be "abandoned."
not again.

episode 1 completed and it tells it's story so tag is right, ep 2 and 3 were planned but never saw daylight so again tag is right.

if you want to argue about that then do it with mods and staffs not on thread.

maybe someday this will be continued.

Dec 6, 2021
not again.

episode 1 completed and it tells it's story so tag is right, ep 2 and 3 were planned but never saw daylight so again tag is right.

if you want to argue about that then do it with mods and staffs not on thread.

maybe someday this will be continued.
Childish excusees.

No, this "completed" tag is there so everyone would feel good about themselves and not feel guilty that this VN really is abandoned...

Show me another game on this site that contains only first episode (out of planned at least 5) and is labelled "completed". Thats some special treatment. And thats a fact. They planned more but made only first part and called it quits.

if you dont understand the difference between episode 1 and full game then this discussion is over.

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
Childish excusees.

No, this "completed" tag is there so everyone would feel good about themselves and not feel guilty that this VN really is abandoned...

Show me another game on this site that contains only first episode (out of planned at least 5) and is labelled "completed". Thats some special treatment. And thats a fact. They planned more but made only first part and called it quits.

if you dont understand the difference between episode 1 and full game then this discussion is over.
Is the Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope a completed movie?

WaltS

Si vis pacem para bellum
Donor
Apr 4, 2018
Childish excusees.

You Sir, behave like an idiot. With all due respect ofc.

Addendum:
Off to the "Ignore-list" you go

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Childish excusees.

This is the complete season 1. It isn't just 1 episode it went through an update cycle. No idea where you got 5 planned though, Mortze never said anything beyond doing a sequel if he ever got in the mood.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Childish excusees.

I do understand and not making any excuses and like I said if you want tag changed then talk to staff and game dev (Mortze) here at F95 and prepare to to hear earful from Tiaero (F95 too) too.

Useless to argue about it on this thread since it leads to nowhere so your only chance is to do it with F95 staff and dev (and Tiaero). They just want to hear your VALID arguments (none which you have posted so far). If you keep arguing about it on this thread then mods will take action and doubt you'd like that.

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
I doubt that Mortze cares whether this is listed as "Completed" or "Abandoned." If you read his post on the subject you'll see that he absolutely did feel guilty when he stopped working on the sequel. The "completed" tag has no bearing on it. But that was years ago. I certainly hope he doesn't still feel guilty about it. He's delivered too many great games since then.

Tlaero

Mortze

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2017
I do not feel guilty about it. It's not like I owe anyone for not continuing the story further - it's a free game after all. But I don't feel good either, more like a kind of sadness for not sharing the ideas I had. Completed or Abandoned is not really relevant for me. It kind is both.

Oct 7, 2020
I do not feel guilty about it. It's not like I owe anyone for not continuing the story further - it's a free game after all. But I don't feel good either, more like a kind of sadness for not sharing the ideas I had. Completed or Abandoned is not really relevant for me. It kind is both.
you guys did great. and if it will be continued in one or another way in the future, we´re happy aswell.
have a good weekend

turbojoe

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2021
Well....just started to play and - wow - suddenly found myself amidst the Star Wars universe :D
Why didn´t I find this gem earlier?

Anyway amazing scenery and characters - Mortze Art as I know from Toro7.
Despite the dropped resumption I´ve just learned in the last postings above I´m looking forward to several hours of amazing entertainment :love:

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
That's correct. And I thought he knocked it out of the park.

Tlaero
He Did. A total home run...in fact one of the very best on F95... And that is why, over a year after he released the first chapter this thread is still alive with people like me who are interested in it.

He did such a great job introducing the characters, and their world and their potential problems that the story just begs to be continued. There is SO much more story here to be told.

I think what confuses fans of this story's production is that Mortze is such a visual artist and has, as you point out, continued to produce amazing art for your stories since then, why the hell not this one...his baby? It can't be the art workload. It can't be because it wasn't well received. It certainly has a fan base. So if it was just story work/development (i.e. plot and his interest in it etc) He could certainly get help with that to take any load or pressure off him in that regard. (So Mortze, if you're listening, I think I could help.)

So we're left with a conundrum. A mystery. This is so sad. It's the greatest dead game on the F95 database
because he did knock it out of the park! ...but he never ran the bases, let alone crossed home plate.

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
He Did. A total home run...in fact one of the very best on F95... And that is why, over a year after he released the first chapter this thread is still alive with people like me who are interested in it.

He did such a great job introducing the characters, and their world and their potential problems that the story just begs to be continued. There is SO much more story here to be told.

I think what confuses fans of this story's production is that Mortze is such a visual artist and has, as you point out, continued to produce amazing art for your stories since then, why the hell not this one...his baby? It can't be the art workload. It can't be because it wasn't well received. It certainly has a fan base. So if it was just story work/development (i.e. plot and his interest in it etc) He could certainly get help with that to take any load or pressure off him in that regard. (So Mortze, if you're listening, I think I could help.)

So we're left with a conundrum. A mystery. This is so sad. It's the greatest dead game on the F95 database
because he did knock it out of the park! ...but he never ran the bases, let alone crossed home plate.
I think Mortze just feels more comfortable working with Tlaero more than working on his own. They do make a great team together. And they both prefer to work on things that have their interest over working on whatever happens to be in demand.
Which is too bad for us Star Wars fans, but they gladly still make awesome other stuff. :)

Reactions: junior366
4.60 star(s) 128 Votes