J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
:unsure: I don't really like fractional games, but in the case of this game, with the size it has gotten, it would be convenient to divide it into parts.
My experience with splitting up games, is that is causes more issues/problems than it solves.

You go from "It's too big, I can't download it"
To
- People not unpacking the package, correctly.
- People getting confused by it.
- And, some upload websites have different rules than other.
(Meaning, you end up with all packages from one uploaded anyway after a little while, not really solving the problem.)

I did think about it myself as well, to divide my game into multiple packages.
But, I ended up not doing it because of the reasons above.

I ended up going forward with patches for every update.
Meaning, you only have to download the big file, once.
And, then you can download the monthly update that only contains the new content.

And, at this stage.
I'm already providing 28 links each and every update.
I think that's probably enough. :p

I will compress it, try to reduce it further, to play on my Android. :cool:
Just one favor that I like to ask, because you might be compressor Nr.10 that is trying to do that.

The LQ and Android versions are already compressed down from 25+GB at this stage.
And, I'm sure that you understand yourself as well that you can only compress something so far before the quality is ruined.

So, what I do want to ask is not to ruin my hard work by destroying the art. (Like the example below.)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
My experience with splitting up games, is that is causes more issues/problems than it solves.

You go from "It's too big, I can't download it"
To
- People not unpacking the package, correctly.
- People getting confused by it.
- And, some upload websites have different rules than other.
(Meaning, you end up with all packages from one uploaded anyway after a little while, not really solving the problem.)

I did think about it myself as well, to divide my game into multiple packages.
But, I ended up not doing it because of the reasons above.

I ended up going forward with patches for every update.
Meaning, you only have to download the big file, once.
And, then you can download the monthly update that only contains the new content.

And, at this stage.
I'm already providing 28 links each and every update.
I think that's probably enough. :p

Just one favor that I like to ask, because you might be compressor Nr.10 that is trying to do that.

The LQ and Android versions are already compressed down from 25+GB at this stage.
And, I'm sure that you understand yourself as well that you can only compress something so far before the quality is ruined.

So, what I do want to ask is not to ruin my hard work by destroying the art. (Like the example below.)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As I said, it's for use on my Android. I didn't mention that I would distribute. (y)

Reactions: J..D

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
What about JoiPlay? Not that I want to use it but it would be an alternative to compressing it into oblivion.

SoulRipper1990

Dec 22, 2017
I am a bit confused by that Changelog. Did the Changelog mean that the "First Lvls" got reworked ? And when not could someone explain what the changelog mean ?

Reactions: perseus420

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
What about JoiPlay? Not that I want to use it but it would be an alternative to compressing it into oblivion.
Using Emulator's such as JoiPlay is what we've been advising to people that really want to play it on their android device, at this moment.

I am a bit confused by that Changelog. Did the Changelog mean that the "First Lvls" got reworked ? And when not could someone explain what the changelog mean ?
No, the 0.9.0 update contains Part 1 of the level up event from M&S (From Level 8 to level 9)
Containing the Intro, Day 1 and Day 2.

Update 0.9.1 will contain part 2 (And, Sidney Level 3)
Containing Day 3, Day 4 and the outro.

After that, we will start work on M&S their level 9 content and hourly content.

carotha7560

Mar 11, 2018
the hints say to ask them out at 10am on Sat/Sun, but when I do so after installing the 0.9.0 patch it's bringing me back to the previous date scenes (level 8 scenes), any idea as to why this is happening?

Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019
One of the few games on here with updates that drop like clockwork. That alone merits praise. Kudos! Great job

ki0123

Mar 4, 2020
after going to M at 10 am and the date, the walkthrough does not update. Also, there is no option called "date" just opening the door triggers it. and then the walkthrough does not update..going to her room at 5 pm does not do anything, it's empty. Need help with this. Save game past this point will be appreciated.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
I use joiplay works perfectly. joiplay is really fantastic, no-installs, lets you use mods, cheats and variable editing, and one easy interface for all my games.

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
My compressed unofficial Android port of Sweet Affection v0.9.0
Usual gestures, seethru textbox, resizeable text and dialogue etc etc...
Scrollable choices if multiple
Scrollable textbox - no more text off the bottom of your screen
Alternative persistent saves and log location

Special Instructions:
Unzip and install apk.
Grant storage permissions on first run!
On first run you will get a prompt to copy the archive.rpa file to documents/Wills747/sweet.affection/game folder.
(If you're updating to v0.8.8 make sure to use the new rpa file, I'll look at making an update patch in future)
Copy the rpa file to the directory indicated in game. (game will quit now)
Restart the game.
Keep in mind if your default install location is an actual SD card this may slow the launch.
Advise keeping gl2 disabled unless you have a PowerVR gpu or experiance video problems.

v0.8.9 Including Base 0.8.9 rpa
Mega

v0.9.0 Update (apk only - 514mb)
Special Instructions:

You MUST have the archive.rpa from 0.8.9 installed, That's how we can make updates smaller!

Mega
Updated my Android port to 0.9.0 (@514Mb)

Reactions: Thy4nd

carotha7560

Mar 11, 2018
after going to M at 10 am and the date, the walkthrough does not update. Also, there is no option called "date" just opening the door triggers it. and then the walkthrough does not update..going to her room at 5 pm does not do anything, it's empty. Need help with this. Save game past this point will be appreciated.
I think I found the fix for the same error. You have to download the 0.8.91 patch too. https://f95zone.to/threads/sweet-affection-v0-9-0-naughty-attic-gaming.15780/post-9169728 is where you can get it

Otherguy2012

Aug 21, 2021
I get a crash during unpacking.
It cascades to a degree and then just stops. It starts at around 9g into unpacking with the JPG shower 3(something or other missing,but that should narrow it down).

I have played this for quite awhile,it is the first time I have had any issue.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
I get a crash during unpacking.
It cascades to a degree and then just stops. It starts at around 9g into unpacking with the JPG shower 3(something or other missing,but that should narrow it down).

I have played this for quite awhile,it is the first time I have had any issue.
What program are you using?

3.20 star(s) 107 Votes