BronBron06

Sep 6, 2019
I really want to like the game but theres just too much text. Wish this was just like school days where you just watch and get to click when choice pops up.

Reactions: Takemura

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
J..D Is the aunt going to make it back into the game?
That is not likely, no.

We are going to fully implement all the other characters in the game first, and that will already be plenty of work.
And, once we are fully done with all the content, I think it would be time to move on to a next project.

This game has been in development for 5 years now. (Of which 3 years full-time by me.)
We still have a very long road ahead of us, and I'd rather not make that road even longer.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love working on Sweet Affection, I think everyone knows that.
But, there does come a point where enough is enough. And, finishing all the current story-lines would be enough for me. :)
(And, making sure every section of the game is 100% completed, of course. :) )

Lupin the 3rd

Sep 21, 2019
That is not likely, no.

We are going to fully implement all the other characters in the game first, and that will already be plenty of work.
And, once we are fully done with all the content, I think it would be time to move on to a next project.

This game has been in development for 5 years now. (Of which 3 years full-time by me.)
We still have a very long road ahead of us, and I'd rather not make that road even longer.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love working on Sweet Affection, I think everyone knows that.
But, there does come a point where enough is enough. And, finishing all the current story-lines would be enough for me. :)
Aww Damn. That´s sad. I hoped that the Aunt would be coming. Hopefully you change your mind and include her, she could be the last Character you add.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
That is not likely, no.

As much as I'd like to see the Aunt added to the mix, I agree with your plan.

You and the team have done a great job not just keeping this AVN alive but driving it forward with new twists and being willing to add in some great changes (like the upcoming diaries for all the women versus just M&S).

Many AVNs falter and then get abandoned when a significant team member is no longer available to continue their support and development of an AVN. You and your team found a way to overcome the loss of Boom which was no small feat!

When it is time, I am looking forward to your thoughts on whether or not you can continue Private Community or, if you'd like to start something brand new, what that something might look like.

Thanks for staying the course and continuing to give us such a great story!

Morier79

Jun 3, 2022
Boom thats what the devs name was does anyone know what happened to them they disappered and was wondering if covid had any part in it.

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
Boom thats what the devs name was does anyone know what happened to them they disappered and was wondering if covid had any part in it.
Unfortunately, despite our efforts to reach out to him, nobody was ever able to get in touch with him.
So, we have no idea what happened.

I hope that he's safe and sound, though.
And I'm sure the team does feel the same.

Last edited:

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
As much as I'd like to see the Aunt added to the mix, I agree with your plan.

You and the team have done a great job not just keeping this AVN alive but driving it forward with new twists and being willing to add in some great changes (like the upcoming diaries for all the women versus just M&S).

Many AVNs falter and then get abandoned when a significant team member is no longer available to continue their support and development of an AVN. You and your team found a way to overcome the loss of Boom which was no small feat!

When it is time, I am looking forward to your thoughts on whether or not you can continue Private Community or, if you'd like to start something brand new, what that something might look like.

Thanks for staying the course and continuing to give us such a great story!
Thank you for the kinds words. :)
It has been quite the challenge, I'm not going to say otherwise. (Heck, it still is...)

Our saving grace has been that I was already the full time developer of Sweet Affection at the time.
So, all the ideas were in my head and all the assets on my computer.
It's never been about being able to continue Sweet Affection, but more in what capacity.
Abandoning Sweet Affection is simply never going to happen.
I love the characters in my game too much for that, and each one of them deserve to have their story finished.
And, everyone that has been supporting us, deserves to experience that full story.

Thanks to the incredible support I've been given from hundreds of people, I've been able to work on Sweet Affection, full-time.
Something that I'm so thankful for, and I can only repay their kindness with continuing what I've been doing for the past year and a half. Giving it my all.

As far as Private Community goes, yeah...
I had the hope that I would have been able to hire someone to help me out with that by now, but unfortunately I haven't
been able to do that.
And, the only way for me to start real work on the remake of PC, is by slowing down the development of SA.
Something I'd rather not do. (And, am not planning on doing either.)

However, when Sweet Affection is finished, there is going to be a new project, 100%
That could be the remake of Private Community. (Because that story deserves a finish as well.)
That could be a smaller VN. (Because, maybe doing something short would be smart after Sweet Affection.)
Or, maybe something else completely.

Because, I have plenty of ideas for project and games. (Ideas that have been fully worked out.)
- An AVN set in the world of "I am Legend" and "Pandorum"
- An AVN set in the world of "Fallout"
- An AVN set in the same world as Sweet Affection.
- An AVN set in a middle ages in a world that is shrouded by darkness and magic.

At this stage, I have the material to start 7 or 8 games. (of the same size of Sweet Affection.)
Fully worked out ideas, story-lines, character stories, game mechanics and everything.

And, that is sometimes a little bit frustrating.
I have so many ideas for another project, but I have no time to really work on any of them.
(And, I'd rather not work on a project that I only would be able to update once every 6 months. If I do something, I want to do it right.)

When I do start something though, everyone that is supporting me on Patreon will have a vote and a chance to voice
their opinion as well.
In the end, it is about what I want to create myself... however, I wouldn't be here right now without my incredible fans, and I will always listen to what they want and what they have to say.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
I have a question and it may seem trivial to you... but... is there a way to change the textbox?
Not only is it really ugly... but what really bothers me is that the MC name is left and other names are right... :oops:
Seems silly but... I dunno... I find it inconvenient... mah neck hurts... T_T

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
I have a question and it may seem trivial to you... but... is there a way to change the textbox?
Not only is it really ugly... but what really bothers me is that the MC name is left and other names are right... :oops:
Seems silly but... I dunno... I find it inconvenient... mah neck hurts... T_T
Correction from my original post.
Right now, the only thing that you are able to change is the opacity.

There is a way for us to implement to change the font, color and things like that.
However, it is not something that we are currently planning on doing.

However, if people would like to see that, we can always look into that.

Last edited:

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
It has been quite the challenge, I'm not going to say otherwise. (Heck, it still is...)

Our saving grace has been that I was already the full time developer of Sweet Affection at the time.
It's never been about being able to continue Sweet Affection, but more in what capacity.
I love the characters in my game too much for that, and each one of them deserve to have their story finished.
And, everyone that has been supporting us, deserves to experience that full story.

Thanks to the incredible support I've been given from hundreds of people, I've been able to work on Sweet Affection, full-time.
Something that I'm so thankful for, and I can only repay their kindness with continuing what I've been doing for the past year and a half. Giving it my all.

I had the hope that I would have been able to hire someone to help me out with that by now, but unfortunately I haven't
been able to do that.
And, the only way for me to start real work on the remake of PC, is by slowing down the development of SA.

However, when Sweet Affection is finished, there is going to be a new project, 100%
That could be the remake of Private Community. (Because that story deserves a finish as well.)
That could be a smaller VN. (Because, maybe doing something short would be smart after Sweet Affection.)

Because, I have plenty of ideas for project and games. (Ideas that have been fully worked out.)
- An AVN set in a middle ages in a world that is shrouded by darkness and magic.

At this stage, I have the material to start 7 or 8 games. (of the same size of Sweet Affection.)
Fully worked out ideas, story-lines, character stories, game mechanics and everything.

I have so many ideas for another project, but I have no time to really work on any of them.
(And, I'd rather not work on a project that I only would be able to update once every 6 months. If I do something, I want to do it right.)

When I do start something though, everyone that is supporting me on Patreon will have a vote and a chance to voice
their opinion as well.
In the end, it is about what I want to create myself... however, I wouldn't be here right now without my incredible fans, and I will always listen to what they want and what they have to say.
I like your ideas for new games. The game I would like to play, and pay, of course, would be a dystopian VN, with zombies (like Now and Then or Deadmoon survival, Kindread: The Redburns), or something close to Hot Sand of Antarctic.. The problem with those type of games is there are very audience specific. If I remember correctly only Now and Then could at the end break 1k$ per month. Dev was like you very fast developer, updates were monthly too, and about 20-30 minutes of gameplay (for a VN its fast) I understand that thos type of games have like in your game at all times small number of characters per scene. That is good for development speed.
Or, a crazy idea, you could simply take development of Kindread: The Redbuns. Developer said he will share all materials to somebody who is willing to continue his game. :cool:

Reactions: J..D

zerosu13

Dec 16, 2018
man!!! what a wonderful story, I'm not someone who normally looks for the incest theme but this game is so well done that made me empathize deeply with the characters, not only love them but share their worries, responsibilities and fears, in short I came just to fap but I found a nice story of true love.

joblo9394

Jul 4, 2017
That is not likely, no.

I figured as much with the current point of the story I could not see where you could squeeze her in without messing up the current story. It was alluded to earlier, and I could see it happening at some point, but the farther we got into the story the less I could see it. As well as the more I felt it would be better to not happen.

It was one of the arcs in the original game, but there are many things from the original that the current game is better for not having.

But hay it is your game. You may have had some master plan we never saw coming.

Reactions: J..D

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020

been able to do that.

their opinion as well.
I'll admit that my desire for the rest of the Private Community story is a bit of nostalgia.

I originally became a supporter of RIA (now Sweet Affection) because it came with the bonus of a second story - Private Community. I stayed when Private Community was put on hold to focus on RIA because I enjoyed the M&S story so much (and now, add in the developing stories of the other women).

These were among the first handful of VNs I'd ever played, and I enjoyed both stories.

I know that there is never enough time to create all of the good stories you mentioned above (at least not at the same time :)) so it is better for you to offer up story ideas and see what excites your community the most. We want you to continue creating for many years to come and my Private Community nostalgia may not be felt by enough of SA's supporters to out shine new ideas and stories.

I admit to being intrigued by what you would do with a middle ages story with magic, darkness, and perhaps a few bastions of light (all with the ability to determine the relationships between key characters so we don't get torched by the Patreon TOS trolls).

Cheers to the weekend and more SA! :coffee:

Reactions: joblo9394 and J..D
3.20 star(s) 107 Votes