J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Umm, yeah this game literally redefines "excessive".
If you imagine a random dialogue as part of a movie, with actual actors reading out all these lines.
Something like: "Morning, how are you? Umm yeah, fine? See you later? Umm yeah see you later." Would take at least 2 or 3 hours...
What in the world do movies have to do with Sweet Affection?

Can you imagine watching a movie and the actor is just manipulating/cheating/fucking his way around town like many other games?
Can you imagine watching a movie where the hero goes on a big adventure, but sleep with everyone that he meets?
Can you imagine watching a movie where the girl gets molested by everyone and everything the entire time?

No.
That's because movies and games are 2 very different things.

Yes, Sweet Affection is dialogue heavy.
Yes, most other games are more straightforward and jump from one scene to the other (Nothing wrong with that.)

But, that same difference is in movies.
You have the usual 90 minutes Nicolas Cage/Jason Statham movies.
You have the usual 120 minutes Marvel Movies.
Then, you have the 150 minutes Nolan Movies.

And then, you have the 3+ hours movies that tell an entire story.
(Once upon a time in the West, Sátántangó, Dekalog, Fanny and Alexander, Hamlet etc...)
Movies that last up to 9 hours.)

Or, take books for example.
You have the comics that you red through in 15 minutes.
The usual books with 200/300 pages.
And, then you have books with over a 1.000 pages.

I make Sweet Affection to show the journey of all the characters in the game.
Not just the H-events what some people are used to.
But, their entire journey/life.
H-Events are just a part of that, not the main priority.
And, asking how your loved one is doing, or saying goodbye when you leave.
Well, call me crazy... But, i.m.h.o... that should be the most normal thing when you are together with someone.

Again, I understand that some people might not like Sweet Affection.
It's not for everyone, and I'll be the first one to say that it's not perfect.
But, it is what I want to make, and it is what many people love.
It is what I will continue to do until it's 100% finished, and hopefully it is what people continue to love.
If it's not for you, or if you don't like reading. Then, I suggest you try out other games.
If you do like watching a romantic story unfold between multiple characters, then Sweet Affection is for you.

Jan 21, 2022
Friendly advice to new players with the intent of actually enjoying the game for what it is, take your time with it. Even as a fan of all the dialogue with M&S (very comfy), as with most things, it can eventually feel excessive if you do too much so find your limit and take a break with the side girls if you still want the Sweet Affection experience or take a break from the game entirely. It's one of my favorite games and it has stayed on my computer since I first downloaded because it can be a good game to empty your mind and destress since there is literally no pressure to do anything. I binged my way through most of the side girls and started level 6 for M&S before I felt I had to slow down. Now I play an event or two before bed every couple days to get a lil progress and to clear my head so that I can sleep a bit better and it's served me well so cheers to the dev for that.

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
What in the world do movies have to do with Sweet Affection?
Okay... scratch that movie analogue, maybe it's too complicated...

Imagine real people would talk like that.
Take a random scene from the game and read it out loud and add some delay to allow for the other one to react.

I don't mind text and story. But here the story part is hidden under endless, meaningless, back-and-forth banter.
Hundreds of clicks per scene is just way too much. It would be too much even if every line was meaningful. But it isn't.

Reactions: GSeekerB
Jan 21, 2022
Okay... scratch that movie analogue, maybe it's too complicated...

Imagine real people would talk like that.
Take a random scene from the game and read it out loud and add some delay to allow for the other one to react.

I don't mind text and story. But here the story part is hidden under endless, meaningless, back-and-forth banter.
Hundreds of clicks per scene is just way too much. It would be too much even if every line was meaningful. But it isn't.
I don't think most people would disagree with you, but this game is made the way it is and it isn't gonna change especially since plenty do enjoy it. I personally find all the dialogue comforting since I'm sure plenty in my life would've gone so much better if the people around me, and absolutely myself, communicated so much more openly and plainly. Excessive? sure, but it's safe. That feels good. Game just isn't for you and that's okay, but it is for others.

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
I don't think most people would disagree with you, but this game is made the way it is and it isn't gonna change especially since plenty do enjoy it. I personally find all the dialogue comforting since I'm sure plenty in my life would've gone so much better if the people around me, and absolutely myself, communicated so much more openly and plainly. Excessive? sure, but it's safe. That feels good. Game just isn't for you and that's okay, but it is for others.
If anyone in my life would communicate THAT much I would go crazy. Or no probably not. I would starve to death on the way to the fridge cause it would take me 2 weeks!
I highly doubt that there is anyone who actually reads all this. A game day would take several hours...

joblo9394

Jul 4, 2017
If anyone in my life would communicate THAT much I would go crazy. Or no probably not. I would starve to death on the way to the fridge cause it would take me 2 weeks!
I highly doubt that there is anyone who actually reads all this. A game day would take several hours...
I've had heart to hearts with my family take from a few minutes to late into the night. People are unique binges, and even with those you spend your entire life around you will have points where you think differently.

Is the game perfect as we have all said no, But another part of the picture you are missing is that not everything is happening at the same time. a level can be spread over a few days, weeks, or even months.

I have read almost everything. It is my chill out game, although some side stores can be at times not so chill inducing. At least until proven otherwise I don't have to worry about the sudden unexpected death or rape scene to "add drama", or "make me care for the characters"

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
I've had heart to hearts with my family take from a few minutes to late into the night. People are unique binges, and even with those you spend your entire life around you will have points where you think differently.

Is the game perfect as we have all said no, But another part of the picture you are missing is that not everything is happening at the same time. a level can be spread over a few days, weeks, or even months.

I have read almost everything. It is my chill out game, although some side stores can be at times not so chill inducing. At least until proven otherwise I don't have to worry about the sudden unexpected death or rape scene to "add drama", or "make me care for the characters"
So, a game where MC screws his mom, his sis and everything else with two legs is your chill out game.
Fine by me.
But why I am the bad guy if I say there is way too much pointless talking?
Too much "communication" is a thing. It can be painful and even life threatening. I had more than my fair share of this shit. There is nothing "chill" about it.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I had to risk my very life because some supposed to be close family members did not shut up.
You think that's funny?
I wish you relive that in an endless loop.
It sounds like your situation is Very different compared to those who actually enjoy this AVN.

If this triggers you - please move on to something that does not trigger you.

Staying on this thread to repeatedly reply to various responses to your original comment makes no sense in light of the above statement.

This seems to trigger you so staying here to keep responding makes sense in what world??

F95 has Literally thousands of other options and I know some are not for me as it seems SA is not for you - and that Is Fine!

There are several AVN updates that are much anticipated - and released within the last two days here on F95 - try checking them out and see if any are more to your liking.

Have a great weekend!

Cheers! :coffee:

joblo9394

Jul 4, 2017
I had to risk my very life because some supposed to be close family members did not shut up.
You think that's funny?
I wish you relive that in an endless loop.
I'm with PaxHadrian17 on this one there is nothing to gain for you here, and our responses were not to make you "the bad guy" as you said we just have our own opinion on the matter just as there are others that do agree that there is to much dialogue.

The game is what it is and will continue to be so. One thing I have learned is the beast thing to do with things that bring a strong negative response in you is just avoid it. It is why I don't play most NTR or swinging games, or read berserker anymore. Fined something you enjoy something that relaxes you, chills you out, or just makes you horney if that is what you are looking for.

There is to much in the world we can not change, but at least in our entertainment we can chose what we consume.

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
So, a game where MC screws his mom, his sis and everything else with two legs is your chill out game.
Fine by me.
But why I am the bad guy if I say there is way too much pointless talking?
Too much "communication" is a thing. It can be painful and even life threatening. I had more than my fair share of this shit. There is nothing "chill" about it.
This is the last thing I'm going to say about this, because we are starting to go around in a loop.

The fact that you say this.
Already shows 2 things.
1. You haven't paid attention to the game at all. Because that is the least important thing in Sweet Affection.
2. The fact that you highlight that, means that you are looking for that type of content.
If you are only interested in that, then I suggest you do what Pax and Joblo already said.
Accept that Sweet Affection is not for you, and simply move along and play another game.

As for me, personally?
There can never be enough communication with your loved ones.
But, everyone is different in that as well.

Some people love talking, some people love gaming, some people love exercising, some people love trolling on the internet, and other people like robbing stores.
Life, and how we choose to live it and enjoy it... that is totally up to you, no one else.

If you don't like Sweet Affection, then that's a shame.
Because I want as many people as possible to enjoy it and understand what I'm trying to make.
But, to each their own and I hope that you find a game that you do enjoy.

The only thing that I will ask is to leave the rest of us alone on this thread.
Let the people that DO enjoy Sweet Affection, enjoy it. ;)

gam2000

Apr 12, 2021
In this day, some people feel the need to be an Influencer and guide your decisions - we are unable to think for ourselves. The best course of action is to ignore.

Reactions: GeronimoG89
3.20 star(s) 107 Votes