Others Abandoned Sweet Home [v1b] [Longfellow Earl]

2.30 star(s) 4 Votes

Tarasia

Satan's soul
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
wouldn't it be easier to code in a pick a race option at the start then this?

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
If you're machine translating I highly suggest getting Grammarly, it can help fix grammar mistakes that the machine WILL make.

aresdantes

May 23, 2019
Quote from longfellow earl

Feedback

Hello everyone, 7 hours that the game is posted and already extremely negative feedback, in fact for me it's the worst thing that can be said about my game...
apparently my game is racist...
i'm a white man and i hate racism, homophobia and sexism! i don't give a fuck about skin color, sexuality or religion, on earth there are good people and bad people, that's all
I've tried a lot of games and the same question kept coming up over and over again, why can't I choose my skin color?
Complexity can be? there are a lot of games that work very well, and if a hillbilly like me can make a game like this, a guy who earns 10 000 dollars a month can do it too!
on the f95 zone forum a person accuses me of "blackface" which is horrible for me, I didn't care about the physical appearance of the main character thinking that the most important thing was to be able to identify himself during the sexual scenes.
the fact of doing two versions is long, the choice to change only the skin color is just simpler than changing the whole morph
The worst part is, I thought to myself, "if your game works, other creators will make the effort to create content that lets you choose the skin color."

finally I don't know if I'm going to keep the "Ebony" version which apparently is also a racist term, or if I'm going to change the morph of the character to correspond more to a man of African origin... maybe the people who assume these things haven't read my posts on this page, I don't know, anyway I'd like your opinion on the subject please

and I want to apologize if anyone was insulted, I thought I was doing the right thing, but apparently not...

Longfellow Earl

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
Really? That's the argument? So a non-racist man doesn't react to the accusation of racism? With the horrors that racism has brought to the world, I should not react to that?
i will always apologize to the people i may have offended and who have suffered and are suffering horrors!

I don't speak English so it's hard to argue against these accusations, in any case I'm sincerely sorry for the people who feel insulted.

Longfellow Earl

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
I don't speak english and everything is translated by deepl, I don't know if I'm saying it correctly. The term "hillbilly" in french corresponds to "pequenaud" the term is pejorative and represents a man who has no pretention

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Hyped

hakulaku97

Mar 13, 2019
I don't speak english and everything is translated by deepl, I don't know if I'm saying it correctly. The term "hillbilly" in french corresponds to "pequenaud" the term is pejorative and represents a man who has no pretention
And you thought calling yourself a hillbilly would help somehow?
i think he is not racist at all, all he said was that he does not take sides, he is just a man who see everybody as human. he just wanted to created a game where the player can chose wether to play with a light skinned body or a dark skinned body to make the option of chosing your skin color in game spopulat, but i think he did not took in account that maybe this idea would be to advanced for the the times we live in. so please do not make him quit over misconceptions, he is not a good iwth the english languages yet as he said before. deepL or other software does not took in account if something could be turned to be racism or not so please just help him with the language and not burn his entire mind over something he has no control over

Jul 16, 2019
i get that the racism (or bigotry or stereotyping) isn't intentional, but if people are offended, you should learn why they are. you do seem to be trying to understand, and for that, i applaud you.

as for why people probably call it "blackface" it is because, even though it's a computer model, you seem to simply have added 'blackface'. for example, if you painted the rapper Ice Cube white, does he become a 'white' man?

i suspect that because ebony is an object, referring to an entire group of peoples as an object not a good thing. if people went around calling white people 'porcelain', there is the chance that some people wouldn't mind...unless they found out that the others meant 'porcelain' toilets and urinals.

(edit) also, there's a minor issue of the name. https://f95zone.to/threads/sweet-home-h-na-onee-san-wa-suki-desu-ka-codepink.12264/

• Angry
Reactions: Stopyking and Hyped

Hyped

Jan 14, 2018
i think he is not racist at all, all he said was that he does not take sides, he is just a man who see everybody as human. he just wanted to created a game where the player can chose wether to play with a light skinned body or a dark skinned body to make the option of chosing your skin color in game spopulat, but i think he did not took in account that maybe this idea would be to advanced for the the times we live in. so please do not make him quit over misconceptions, he is not a good iwth the english languages yet as he said before. deepL or other software does not took in account if something could be turned to be racism or not so please just help him with the language and not burn his entire mind over something he has no control over
Dev got worked up over a few jokes.

I like the dual race effort, stands out from the other daz clones. But don't really care, needs more faps.

JLConradie

Nov 17, 2019
The cursor you cant see.. Its the same colour as the floor.. WTF???
Navigation is EXTREMELY difficult. No setting for music volume???
No TO DO or Task list?? So.. you just walk around as a lame dumb arse!
What did I do with this game after 10min of playing?? IT LANDED IN THE BIN!! And with a "Ignore Thread tag"
I cant see people want to pay for this???

Melted

Nov 23, 2019
The only person here taking issue with the "racism" is Hyped. Arguing just to argue... or just trolling. The others were just joking about the placement of the download links. Don't take it so seriously, Earl. But, if the mere mention of black face or or other similar terms causes you to worry, perhaps you shouldn't have opened the door to such jokes. I guess this is an opportunity to thicken your skin. :cool:

Longfellow Earl

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
even if only one person feels insulted, that's enough for me.

everything I said was posted as "aresdantes" above, I don't know if it's understandable in english, and again I sincerely apologize, the idea that I hurt someone and that person suffers thinking "another racist asshole"

makes me want to put a bullet in my head.

I'll see if people understand what I said before and if not I'll delete the "Ebony" version or even the whole game...

meigame

Engaged Member
Dec 2, 2017
Mr. Earl - my only comment is if you would consider perhaps compressing the artwork. 4gb total seems like a pretty big file for a 1st version.

Paprika

Aug 14, 2017
I think people were just joking about the PC police on apparent racism. That's only "important" to woke hypocrite people.
Now, what really offends me is the "adoptive Family" part, that's really outrageous, lol. But, seriously, just an incest patch or choosing relationships can correct that.

hakulaku97

Mar 13, 2019
There are devs who've received death threats. Are you sure you're cut out for this dev? You seem a little too sensitive to be an incest dev.
come on do not give him the impression of it would be better to remove said content. i get you but the dev could easily make this coice witrh his/her mindset at the moment. we have to help this dev to overcome his/her fear

2.30 star(s) 4 Votes