Ren'Py Sweet Times [v0.18.9.1] [SLG-Dev]

2.90 star(s) 11 Votes

-DEV-Phil-

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2021
So excited ! Cant wait for the update. Thank you for your hard work!

Hello MikeOG,

the update 0.18.6 has been available for my s for nearly 2 weeks now and will be released to the public on April 15th. If you can't wait, you can also check out my Patreon.

I am incredibly grateful for my patrons. As a token of my gratitude, I would like to introduce a new feature in the open world. This will be presented in the form of collectible cards that will allow you to unlock related galleries.

I am thrilled with the idea of giving something back to some guys who have supported the project for such a long time or have paid a large amount of money and thank you in this way. I hope that you are just as excited about it as I am. To give you a sneak peek of this idea, I have attached some sample images:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But that's not all i got for you today.

To give you another sneak peek of the upcoming content, I have attached some images. Some of that is in the next Update 0.18.7 some of them will come later:

Once again, a little self-promotion to encourage supporting me on .

As t you can expect from me as your patron. You will continue to have exclusive access to new content 2 weeks befor it goes live. Additionally, I will keep you up to date with all updates and developments so that you are always in the know.

Moreover, you can provide me with feedback and help me improve my project constantly. Your support enables me to fully unleash my creativity and create unique content for you.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your generous support and look forward to the future of our project together.

Furthermore, I would like to animate -CookieMonster666- to write about the things he has already played but are not yet public, including his personal opinion. ;)

And All you could please provide me with feedback on the things mentioned in this post?

-For example, the idea of collecting cards.

Maybe I am working on something that most people do not find valuable, and by receiving your feedback, I can save myself some time.

Best regards
Phil

Last edited:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Hello MikeOG,

the update 0.18.6 has been available for my s for nearly 2 weeks now and will be released to the public on April 15th. If you can't wait, you can also check out my Patreon.

I am incredibly grateful for my patrons. As a token of my gratitude, I would like to introduce a new feature in the open world. This will be presented in the form of collectible cards that will allow you to unlock related galleries.

I am thrilled with the idea of giving something back to some guys who have supported the project for such a long time or have paid a large amount of money and thank you in this way. I hope that you are just as excited about it as I am. To give you a sneak peek of this idea, I have attached some sample images:

But that's not all i got for you today.

To give you another sneak peek of the upcoming content, I have attached some images. Some of that is in the next Update 0.18.7 some of them will come later:

Once again, a little self-promotion to encourage supporting me on .

As t you can expect from me as your patron. You will continue to have exclusive access to new content 2 weeks befor it goes live. Additionally, I will keep you up to date with all updates and developments so that you are always in the know.

Moreover, you can provide me with feedback and help me improve my project constantly. Your support enables me to fully unleash my creativity and create unique content for you.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your generous support and look forward to the future of our project together.

Furthermore, I would like to animate -CookieMonster666- to write about the things he has already played but are not yet public, including his personal opinion. ;)

And All you could please provide me with feedback on the things mentioned in this post?

-For example, the idea of collecting cards.

Maybe I am working on something that most people do not find valuable, and by receiving your feedback, I can save myself some time.

Best regards
Phil
I guess I'm on the spot now. :LOL: All right, let's start with the renders. Many of them have been redone (as others have pointed out), and some are new, but I've been most excited by the improved quality of them. Compare those originally included with the game (for now, you can consult the OP to see older renders) with the new ones. I'm not saying some might not be sad for changes in the models themselves; but the quality is definitely higher. There's more subtlety in the lighting and shade, more telling facial expressions of characters, and they seem to be done with newer technology. (I know next to nothing about specific software and model packages, like Daz3D or HS / HS2. I only know what I see posted here on F95 from time to time.) But I can tell you I'm very pleased with the improved quality. I already liked them before, but now they're even better.

I've also been impressed with the deeper plot that Phil's added to the game. It's not a simple guy-comes-to-visit-and-women-are-attracted-to-the-mc story. To be fair, there's definitely a good amount of that too. But there's a more serious plot going on that is even more detailed than it had been before. What is meant by certain things a character says? Does that imply something more than it might appear? What is going on that might prompt them to say what they do? The town of Sunvalley Virmire is a small world, where it's likely you'll run into someone you know . . . who also knows someone you know. This isn't exactly the quaint little town the MC remembered from his past. It seems there are things in motion that might threaten many who are (or get) close to the MC.

The characterization is improved as well. There are distinct personalities for the different characters. While you could technically say that they fall under specific tropes, I would argue two things. One, practically all character types and plot points have already been written in one form or another. It's virtually impossible to make someone completely unique. Two, just because someone might seem a certain way initially and/or on the surface doesn't mean there's not a lot more going on inside. Now the characters are deeper and more fleshed out, even those the MC has just met. The sex-craved MILF might just be someone in actual, real trouble; the easy-going but quiet daughter might have a lot more going on that just being somewhat introverted and concerned with studying.

Some of this existed in the older versions already, and I'm sure plenty of this had always been planned out. I can only say that I'm much more connected to the characters now than I was before — and we've not even gotten through adding back many of the events that existed prior to v0.18.0 (there's no showing Hiko and Nesrin a property to buy, there's no event taking Victoria to a club, etc.). I have no idea what of those will (or will not) be added to the game again, but I think the game is shaping up to have much higher quality overall than before. And I say that as someone who really liked the game in previous versions.

Anyway, I can't pretend I'm not highly biased as a fan and the proofreader. I can only offer my own view of things as I see them coming. Is this going to become a Pulitzer Prize winner? Probably not. But I do think this is a great game, and Phil has shown a lot of growth and effort into continuing to improve it. I know some will automatically rule this out because of the dreaded sandbox tag. For anyone who can look past that anyway or is completely fine with that, though, I would definitely recommend following and sticking with this game. I'm loving where Phil's taking it. Heart.png

Now, go and subscribe to Phil's Patreon! :)

OK, Phil, was that good enough? Can I have the video back now, or are you still planning to send it in for the next Jackass movie? :oops:

Last edited:

-DEV-Phil-

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2021
I guess I'm on the spot now. :LOL: All right, let's start with the renders. Many of them have been redone (as others have pointed out), and some are new, but I've been most excited by the improved quality of them. Compare those originally included with the game (for now, you can consult the OP to see older renders) with the new ones. I'm not saying some might not be sad for changes in the models themselves; but the quality is definitely higher. There's more subtlety in the lighting and shade, more telling facial expressions of characters, and they seem to be done with newer technology. (I know next to nothing about specific software and model packages, like Daz3D or HS / HS2. I only know what I see posted here on F95 from time to time.) But I can tell you I'm very pleased with the improved quality. I already liked them before, but now they're even better.

I've also been impressed with the deeper plot that Phil's added to the game. It's not a simple guy-comes-to-visit-and-women-are-attracted-to-the-mc story. To be fair, there's definitely a good amount of that too. But there's a more serious plot going on that is even more detailed than it had been before. What is meant by certain things a character says? Does that imply something more than it might appear? What is going on that might prompt them to say what they do? The town of Sunvalley Virmire is a small world, where it's likely you'll run into someone you know . . . who also knows someone you know. This isn't exactly the quaint little town the MC remembered from his past. It seems there are things in motion that might threaten many who are (or get) close to the MC.

The characterization is improved as well. There are distinct personalities for the different characters. While you could technically say that they fall under specific tropes, I would argue two things. One, practically all character types and plot points have already been written in one form or another. It's virtually impossible to make someone completely unique. Two, just because someone might seem a certain way initially and/or on the surface doesn't mean there's not a lot more going on inside. Now the characters are deeper and more fleshed out, even those the MC has just met. The sex-craved MILF might just be someone in actual, real trouble; the easy-going but quiet daughter might have a lot more going on that just being somewhat introverted and concerned with studying.

Some of this existed in the older versions already, and I'm sure plenty of this had always been planned out. I can only say that I'm much more connected to the characters now than I was before — and we've not even gotten through adding back many of the events that existed prior to v0.18.0 (there's no showing Hiko and Nesrin a property to buy, there's no event taking Victoria to a club, etc.). I have no idea what of those will (or will not) be added to the game again, but I think the game is shaping up to have much higher quality overall than before. And I say that as someone who really liked the game in previous versions.

Anyway, I can't pretend I'm not highly biased as a fan and the proofreader. I can only offer my own view of things as I see them coming. Is this going to become a Pulitzer Prize winner? Probably not. But I do think this is a great game, and Phil has shown a lot of growth and effort into continuing to improve it. I know some will automatically rule this out because of the dreaded sandbox tag. For anyone who can look past that anyway or is completely fine with that, though, I would definitely recommend following and sticking with this game. I'm loving where Phil's taking it. View attachment 2542071

OK, Phil, was that good enough? Can I have the video back now, or are you still planning to send it in for the next Jackass movie? :oops:

I was thinking more of a "Hey, the new parts I played are really good, go and subscribe to Phil's Patreon," but as always, you do far more than expected. That reads more like an old back cover of a DVD.

Since I focused particularly on improving the story with this rework, I somewhat forgot about the rest, and it was only my wife who pointed out that the game now lacks some nudity. I'll change that now and add more of it back in.

Best regards, Phil

"But yes, you will get the video back." :LOL:

-DEV-Phil-

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2021
Hey everyone,

I am excited to announce that the latest update 0.18.6 for my game is now publicly available! You can download the update using the following links:

German

This update comes with a host of new features and improvements. I'm confident that you'll enjoy the enhanced gameplay experience this update brings.
Additionally, I wanted to let you know that work on the next update, version 0.18.7, is already well underway. In fact, it's currently about 85% complete! I can't wait to share more details about this update with you soon.

Thank you for your continued support and feedback. Happy gaming!

And here are some pictures to Update the olds in the first Post:

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
Hey everyone,

I am excited to announce that the latest update 0.18.6 for my game is now publicly available! You can download the update using the following links:

German

This update comes with a host of new features and improvements. I'm confident that you'll enjoy the enhanced gameplay experience this update brings.
Additionally, I wanted to let you know that work on the next update, version 0.18.7, is already well underway. In fact, it's currently about 85% complete! I can't wait to share more details about this update with you soon.

Thank you for your continued support and feedback. Happy gaming!

And here are some pictures to Update the olds in the first Post:

Wow looks really good, i will be updating this in a moment.

Dec 9, 2020
So what's the new features and improvements?
Is there any actual new story?
Is it still behind the original story before the reboot?

Ursus4321

Aug 2, 2017
Isn't the lesbian tag missing here? At least from what I have been able to read it should be. Or has this game been redone?

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Isn't the lesbian tag missing here? At least from what I have been able to read it should be. Or has this game been redone?
As of right now (i.e., the current 0.18.6 version), there is no lesbian content in the game. The game was redone, starting with the v0.18.x releases. Content that had been in there previously is likely to be put in the game again, although some might be left off. I don't know what -DEV-Phil- has planned for upcoming additions to the game. There might be lesbian content in later releases, but no woman does anything sexual with another woman in the current content.

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
As of right now (i.e., the current 0.18.6 version), there is no lesbian content in the game. The game was redone, starting with the v0.18.x releases. Content that had been in there previously is likely to be put in the game again, although some might be left off. I don't know what -DEV-Phil- has planned for upcoming additions to the game. There might be lesbian content in later releases, but no woman does anything sexual with another woman in the current content.
was the lesbian stuff previously avoidable?

Lonewolf007

Jul 15, 2018
Will there be repeatable h-events in sandbox mode or will everything just get put into gallery ?

-DEV-Phil-

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2021
was the lesbian stuff previously avoidable?
Every full sexual situation will be avoidable, some minor variations will not be prohibitive. Like seeing some titties or a kiss.

Will there be repeatable h-events in sandbox mode or will everything just get put into gallery ?
Yes, in the Sandbox, I am building it so that the sexual content (from the sandbox) can be played as many times as desired. And in different versions.

Edit: An important part for me why I build the sandbox.

The sexual content from the storyparts i dont know now.

So far only a kiss was to be seen, but as already written something like that will not be bypassable but if it becomes more between two persons it will be bypassable.

Best regards
Phil

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Due to the recent game restructure, the walk through mod does not work (it causes game errors, and also has been removed)…but as a temp replacement, I use this tool to see what's behind most of the game choices.

Just extract and place the 0x52_URM tool into your game folder, and then run you game. When ever a choice or requirement check is queued, a small box at the top left hand corner of your screen will appear. Expand and review. (Note: This is not a walk through mod)

screenshot0001.png

Last edited:

Lonewolf007

Jul 15, 2018
if the dev means that there will be repeatable sex scenes like man of the house game or photo hunter game [meant as reference only] then I'm considering to be a Patrion supporter for this game as for story scenes you can put them into a gallery to remind players of their previous choices [just a thought] Just one more question I have for the dev is how often updates will be ?

2.90 star(s) 11 Votes