Ren'Py Sweet Times [v0.18.9.1] [SLG-Dev]

2.90 star(s) 11 Votes

amin2020

Dec 10, 2020
Hello friends, I just installed this game, but why have I lost some of the game images?

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Hello friends, I just installed this game, but why have I lost some of the game images?
What do you mean "lost"? If you have a good download for v0.18.5, there shouldn't be any missing images. However, if you're referring to something from a past version, that isn't available for now. This latest release is a reworking of the prologue and prior versions aren't compatible with this one.

Reactions: amin2020

amin2020

Dec 10, 2020
What do you mean "lost"? If you have a good download for v0.18.5, there shouldn't be any missing images. However, if you're referring to something from a past version, that isn't available for now. This latest release is a reworking of the prologue and prior versions aren't compatible with this one.
I mean the images that are there to introduce the game on the site, some of the images are not in the game

Reactions: MikeOG

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I mean the images that are there to introduce the game on the site, some of the images are not in the game
Yeah, v0.18.5 is a rework of the game. So only the prologue has been redone. So, firstly images on the OP are changed because renders have been redone. And secondly, some of the images on the OP are not in the game now. Some of those might be added back in for events once those get updated as well. I'm the proofreader and tester, so I don't know what the dev is going to include in the future. I'll look into getting those images updated, since they are pretty much all different now; thanks for letting me know so we can get them changed.

Reactions: MikeOG and amin2020

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
I like the game. The one thing is the text box, I like not to have one and have a few mods for it, but nothing works on this game.:(

-DEV-Phil-
If you could use another proofreader, let me know.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
I like the game. The one thing is the text box, I like not to have one and have a few mods for it, but nothing works on this game.:(

-DEV-Phil-
If you could use another proofreader, let me know.
at script.rpy
delete this
Screenshot_5.png

you have to do this for every character

should look like this

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_2.png

be aware that you may change the colors for text too (or add outlines)- its hard to see white text at most points

Last edited:
Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Boehser Onkel

Thanks, That's a first for me.
While we're on the subject :giggle:

What is an Outlines?

_121.PNG This game has Quotation marks in the whole game dialogue. Usually, it's for inner dialogue.

_123.PNG I was wondering if they could be removed.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Boehser Onkel

Thanks, That's a first for me.
While we're on the subject :giggle:

View attachment 2411834 What is an Outlines?

View attachment 2411838 This game has Quotation marks in the whole game dialogue. Usually, it's for inner dialogue.

View attachment 2411841 I was wondering if they could be removed.

Thanks for any help.
a outline is ... well what it says :D
a colored "line" around the text like a shadow

Screenshot_6.png

Screenshot_4.png

example

Screenshot_7.png

add the "what_outlines=[ (2, "#000")],

for the other thing
i think you may delete the "what_prefix" and"what_suffix"thingy :D
test maybe by trial and error

Last edited:
  • Hey there

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Yeah, that took out the text box and taking those prefix, and suffix thingy's out did the trick. :D

Now I have to figure out how to put the text box back in. :ROFLMAO:
yep
its a rather unusual way to script the textbox - well , everyday you learn new things
its because of the different color for each textbox i think
have seen this too a first time

• Hey there

PickleSteve

Sep 9, 2022
Just played the 0.18.5 version, and the previous version I played was 0.15 or maybe one later. It was before the 'redesign' in any case.

Have to say: Wow, great work!

Those new renders look really great, and the way the house looks now is a vast improvement. It all looks and feels more like a 'lived in world' to what I remember of the previous version. The intro is also better, seems to make a little more sense but that could be down to it being quite some time since I played it before. And some nice attention to details, like the taxi pulling up in the background of the renders while talking at the airport exit (maybe not spectacular, but I always really like those things).

All in all I enjoyed playing this game quite a lot, and I'm stoked this game is being worked on again. Looking forward to see where this is going. Awesome work so far, Dev, and good luck with the new releases!

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Just played the 0.18.5 version, and the previous version I played was 0.15 or maybe one later. It was before the 'redesign' in any case.

Have to say: Wow, great work!

Those new renders look really great, and the way the house looks now is a vast improvement. It all looks and feels more like a 'lived in world' to what I remember of the previous version. The intro is also better, seems to make a little more sense but that could be down to it being quite some time since I played it before. And some nice attention to details, like the taxi pulling up in the background of the renders while talking at the airport exit (maybe not spectacular, but I always really like those things).

All in all I enjoyed playing this game quite a lot, and I'm stoked this game is being worked on again. Looking forward to see where this is going. Awesome work so far, Dev, and good luck with the new releases!
I definitely agree, and I'm sure Phil appreciates your feedback and is glad you enjoyed it! He does stop here from time to time, so I'm sure he'll see your comment. Thanks for playing! Heart.png

Reactions: PickleSteve

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
I like the game but we really need something new here - previously sweet life was further along than this

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
any news about the next update ?
I don't have anything concrete for you right now, sorry. Phil (the dev) is working on the next part, though, and it sounds like he's made really good progress. I'll let you know here as soon as I know more (unless Phil himself posts, ofc).

Reactions: PickleSteve

-DEV-Phil-

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2021
Hi everyone!

I'm excited to share that the 0.18.6 update for Sweet Times is almost complete. I'm currently in the final stages of proofreading, and there are just a few minor things left to be done.

So, what can you expect in this update?

• I've completely overhauled the first part of Libby's story.
  • The open world from version 0.18 has been revised and reintegrated.
  • For the first time, I'll also be offering a German version with the 0.18.6 update.

Once the proofreading is complete, the update will be available exclusively on my for the first 14 days. I'm hoping to release it this weekend. But I don't want to put too much pressure on my proofreader now. ;)

It's important to note that for the 0.18.6 update, a new game save should be created.

Check out these screenshots from the 0.18.6:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Looking ahead to version 0.18.7[, I'm planning to add the first side story and incorporate the first events in the open world.

For version 0.18.8, I'm giving my players the power to vote on which part I should overhaul next -

Mel's story part 1
or
Victoria's story part 1

I'm excited for you all to try out the latest update and share your thoughts with me. Stay tuned for more updates!​

Best regards
Phil

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I have worked many 10- to 17-hour days over the past 6 months; at least 3 times per week, sometimes 6 times in a week. I had that also this past week, but at my work we finished with that project at last, so things should be considerably more chill for the foreseeable future. I was finally able to finish proofreading for Phil, and he's got that to look through and make any adjustments he might choose to. Hopefully this update will come soon for you guys, but I don't have any solid date to give you. But I'm sure it won't be long now. Thanks for your patience, everyone! Heart.png

MikeOG

Dec 28, 2022
Hi everyone!

I'm excited to share that the 0.18.6 update for Sweet Times is almost complete. I'm currently in the final stages of proofreading, and there are just a few minor things left to be done.

So, what can you expect in this update?

• I've completely overhauled the first part of Libby's story.
  • The open world from version 0.18 has been revised and reintegrated.
  • For the first time, I'll also be offering a German version with the 0.18.6 update.

Once the proofreading is complete, the update will be available exclusively on my for the first 14 days. I'm hoping to release it this weekend. But I don't want to put too much pressure on my proofreader now. ;)

It's important to note that for the 0.18.6 update, a new game save should be created.

Check out these screenshots from the 0.18.6:

Looking ahead to version 0.18.7[, I'm planning to add the first side story and incorporate the first events in the open world.

For version 0.18.8, I'm giving my players the power to vote on which part I should overhaul next -

Mel's story part 1
or
Victoria's story part 1

I'm excited for you all to try out the latest update and share your thoughts with me. Stay tuned for more updates!​

Best regards
Phil
So excited ! Cant wait for the update. Thank you for your hard work!

2.90 star(s) 11 Votes