4.20 star(s) 84 Votes

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019
Huh,i kinda can see some stuff Inoda has going but like nothing really redeems him. He clearly has a obsessive love?objectification? for Asuna and seems to be genuinely helping Lisbeth even if its a trade (Not 100% sure). But otherwise he really isnt a good person at all,maybe i just missed something in the character but everything he does seems geared to getting in with Asuna.
Inoda is definitely NOT a good person but I think Inoda was supposed to be a sad loser who was trying to get a woman out of his league, like in Revenge of the Nerds. But with all the shit he has done especially in the beginning of Part 2, I am surprised the dev thought anyone did not think Inoda was a piece of shit. Maybe the dev will make Inoda to be loving person to Asuna only and a piece of shit to everyone else.

albakr0ss

Sep 2, 2020
I wonder why we always find little girls complaining about whether he is an ugly fat man or a beautiful young man. THIS IS A GAME WITH A NTR THEME, very big NTR Here women think more with their vagina than with their brain, that's why they choose bad decisions and the cuck is worse or never finds out or ends up liking to see someone else destroy his partner or wife.This genre is supposed to generate repulsion that an ugly guy is the one who steals the girl, that's what it's all about, it's rare that you find one who is kind and respectful to the girl.It is true that many stories about this have become very generic but there are also others that are true works of narrative art, so far Fujino has not disappointed me, what did disappoint me was the number of crybabies who complained about the last update,It makes me fear that Fujino will lose track and get sidetracked.Let's see what happens

View attachment 3377436
Where’s the gif from if you don’t mind me asking?

renjen

Apr 26, 2020
Even the dev wanted to portray Inoda not as a complete scumbag. Apparently he failed :(

This is also my own doing, as I intended to shape Inoda as a somewhat perverted and comical character. Moreover, considering that many friends identified with Inoda through self-insertion, I didn't want to portray him as a complete scumbag. However, it appears that the outcome didn't satisfy everyone, and I will reassess this moving forward.
Someone who intentionally steals someone else's GF or wife, scumbag, plain and simple. But imo a "complete scumbag" would be stealing someones girl, fucking her, but then tossing her aside or passing her around to other guys once he's had his fill. That's kinda what I assume Fujino means by Inoda not being a "complete scumbag". Inoda clearly wants Asuna for himself, and doesn't want anyone else touching her. As we saw he's even holding himself back from lashing out at Kirito cuz he knows he has to play the long game if he wants Asuna to be exclusively his. There's definitely levels of scumbaggery, and Fujino is clearly not wanting Inoda to be the lowest of the low, but he clearly does view Inoda as a scumbag, just not a "complete scumbag".

4-kun

Oct 14, 2018
Someone who intentionally steals someone else's GF or wife, scumbag, plain and simple. But imo a "complete scumbag" would be stealing someones girl, fucking her, but then tossing her aside or passing her around to other guys once he's had his fill. That's kinda what I assume Fujino means by Inoda not being a "complete scumbag". Inoda clearly wants Asuna for himself, and doesn't want anyone else touching her. As we saw he's even holding himself back from lashing out at Kirito cuz he knows he has to play the long game if he wants Asuna to be exclusively his. There's definitely levels of scumbaggery, and Fujino is clearly not wanting Inoda to be the lowest of the low, but he clearly does view Inoda as a scumbag, just not a "complete scumbag".
I mean, the dev has already admitted that he failed in portraying Inoda the way he intended initially.
The point is, whatever he does now in part 2 doesn't change what happened back in part 1. He could turn him into the nicest person on earth, but it would just contradict the logic set by himself for the game. imho, I think Inoda is a perfectly fine character as he was in part 1. He should either keep him that way or even build upon the scumbag narrative. There is no logical reason for changes, as Inoda has a personality with no regrets or hesitations. I would even say he is bolder now, after that rage outburst and wish of killing Kirito.

As for his relationship with Asuna, he is now even more maniacally obsessed with her, seeing her as his property after the rainy night. The whole 'nice guy' act is just because of Liz, who is more or less forcing him to play along, but he clearly hates it. Hmm, maybe he could go a weird love route with Inoda to explain why he is nicer to Asuna, but there is no buildup to that as for now, and I have a feeling that the audience wouldn't like it.

In defense of Fujino, it's much easier to depict simple good or evil characters. Going down the layers of complexity requires a fine understanding of human nature. It's his first attempt to create deeper characters, and it's fine to make mistakes.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: X-Roku-

8947289hkd

Jun 26, 2023
i don't know what kind of revisionist reality fujino is trying to craft and others are opining on, but why bother pretending? inoda was foaming at the mouth with hatred of kirito and raped asuna multiple times while doing all sorts of deception/manipulation.

this shit about people self-inserting as inoda is so damn stupid. if you're going to self-insert into fat ugly bastard doing multiple sleep rapes drugging/manipulating okay, but give it a fucking rest trying to pretend he's a decent person/misunderstood.

4-kun

Oct 14, 2018
i don't know what kind of revisionist reality fujino is trying to craft and others are opining on, but why bother pretending? inoda was foaming at the mouth with hatred of kirito and raped asuna multiple times while doing all sorts of deception/manipulation.

this shit about people self-inserting as inoda is so damn stupid. if you're going to self-insert into fat ugly bastard doing multiple sleep rapes drugging/manipulating okay, but give it a fucking rest trying to pretend he's a decent person/misunderstood.
I agree with your points, but some people seem to have more flexible moral values, to put it politely. I also don't see the problem. Inoda is the antagonist or villain of the story, and there's nothing inherently wrong with that. Even if it wasn't intentional, that's how he has been portrayed until now.
In fact, if you reflect on his story so far, he doesn't exhibit a single positive character trait. His best attribute is unhealthy selfishness, while everything else falls below that. That is what makes him an interesting, uncompromising antagonist with a clear goal. No need to go down the 'Inoda did nothing wrong' path? ^^

crazy1st

Jul 11, 2018
portraying someone who literally want to steal someone's girlfriend through whatever method he can as a "not villainous guy" is just plain stupid imo...

this is an NTR story ffs, u need a villain character for that kind of story... might as well create a romance story if everyone are decent there...

portraying inoda as a stupid dude for a humour side is ok, but just becoz he is doing something stupid and looks humorous doesnt and shouldnt make him a decent guy... fujino shouldnt bother trying to make him looks like a better guy now, it will only make it weird...

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019
portraying someone who literally want to steal someone's girlfriend through whatever method he can as a "not villainous guy" is just plain stupid imo...

this is an NTR story ffs, u need a villain character for that kind of story... might as well create a romance story if everyone are decent there...

portraying inoda as a stupid dude for a humour side is ok, but just becoz he is doing something stupid and looks humorous doesnt and shouldnt make him a decent guy... fujino shouldnt bother trying to make him looks like a better guy now, it will only make it weird...
I think there is two reasons for Fujino to do this.

1. He says a lot of people project themselves as Inoda. Personally I think he was including himself. So don't make Inoda a complete piece of shit so the people don't feel like a complete scumbag. If that is the reason, it is not a issue. As other people said people knows what kind of person the NTR bastard is. So trying to give Inoda a deep personality is unnecessary for the fans.

2. He is trying to have a in-game reason for Asuna eventually choosing him over Kirito. He has written Asuna not be a basic NTR bitch who falls immediately after experiencing NTR dick so she needs some good qualities of Inoda besides his dick to eventually leave Kirito.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: X-Roku-

4-kun

Oct 14, 2018
I think there is two reasons for Fujino to do this.

1. He says a lot of people project themselves as Inoda. Personally I think he was including himself. So don't make Inoda a complete piece of shit so the people don't feel like a complete scumbag. If that is the reason, it is not a issue. As other people said people knows what kind of person the NTR bastard is. So trying to give Inoda a deep personality is unnecessary for the fans.

2. He is trying to have a in-game reason for Asuna eventually choosing him over Kirito. He has written Asuna not be a basic NTR bitch who falls immediately after experiencing NTR dick so she needs some good qualities of Inoda besides his dick to eventually leave Kirito.
hmm

1. I guess someone might want to project himself as Inoda, but I doubt Fujino himself is doing that because he could have just made Inoda the main character with basically the same story, just from another POV.
  2. That sounds more likely to me, but then again, the corruption of the main heroine is the main point of the game. He didn't plan to tell a cheating love story to begin with, so it's still weird^^
Honestly, I think he just messed up the gap between what he wanted to show content-wise and somewhat believable character personalities. If you have opposite extremes like purity and resilience in Asuna and total perversion in Inoda, you need to go very slow in progression; otherwise, it won't work. But the supporters seem to be against slow progression. :unsure:

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019
hmm

1. I guess someone might want to project himself as Inoda, but I doubt Fujino himself is doing that because he could have just made Inoda the main character with basically the same story, just from another POV.
  2. That sounds more likely to me, but then again, the corruption of the main heroine is the main point of the game. He didn't plan to tell a cheating love story to begin with, so it's still weird^^
Honestly, I think he just messed up the gap between what he wanted to show content-wise and somewhat believable character personalities. If you have opposite extremes like purity and resilience in Asuna and total perversion in Inoda, you need to go very slow in progression; otherwise, it won't work. But the supporters seem to be against slow progression. :unsure:
Honestly none of this matters at this point. Since it is still a incomplete work, it is not fair to judge the characters' actions until the story is done. Personally I hope there is a good reason for Asuna's preference for Inoda and if some bits of his character has to be changed then so be it.

Also Inoda and Asuna is the first time in Fujino's career where he tried to create more nuanced characters. There are missteps but overall I liked them for bring uncertainty and discussion in a NTR story.

4.20 star(s) 84 Votes