4.20 star(s) 84 Votes

clown48212

Feb 27, 2020
So there's a part 1, a part 2 and a Saikey Translations part 1.

Which one(s) should I download to start from the beginning?

4-kun

Oct 14, 2018
I think I see things differently though...
When I watched the series I didn't sympathize with Kirito too much in the sense that he was too successful, especially amongst the girls.
I may have something distorted in my mind in the way that I do want to see him end up broken and miserable, and NTR is the most important part of this process. I enjoy how Fujino is doing this.

You could even say that this is personal...
It's fair if that's how you see it. However, the same is even more true for Inoda in this game, but to a much bigger extent. The way the script is written, the whole of Part 2 revolves around delivering Inoda perfect opportunities to score his goals. Every character that interacts with him serves only this purpose, including Kirito. The same is true for every situation he is in. It's so forced and predictable, and therefore boring. Tbh, Kirito doesn't even feel like he is actually involved in the main plot, but more like a useless NPC serving as a simple story device. At least in the original series, there was some dynamic between different characters, struggles, etc., but here, it's just a straight railway.

I'm not a fan of SAO; I only watched the first season, but to me, he didn't really feel any different from any other shounen character.

Edith:
Ironically, I get your points because I have the same feeling in Part 2 with Inoda. However, in Part 1, he was the only decent character in my eyes. He actually had some development, and it was interesting to follow his approaches. In Part 2, he is just annoying and flat.

Last edited:

Tadokorokoji

Dec 19, 2021
It's fair if that's how you see it. However, the same is even more true for Inoda in this game, but to a much bigger extent. The way the script is written, the whole of Part 2 revolves around delivering Inoda perfect opportunities to score his goals. Every character that interacts with him serves only this purpose, including Kirito. The same is true for every situation he is in. It's so forced and predictable, and therefore boring. Tbh, Kirito doesn't even feel like he is actually involved in the main plot, but more like a useless NPC serving as a simple story device. At least in the original series, there was some dynamic between different characters, struggles, etc., but here, it's just a straight railway.

I'm not a fan of SAO; I only watched the first season, but to me, he didn't really feel any different from any other shounen character.

Edith:
Ironically, I get your points because I have the same feeling in Part 2 with Inoda. However, in Part 1, he was the only decent character in my eyes. He actually had some development, and it was interesting to follow his approaches. In Part 2, he is just annoying and flat.
I suspect this is Fujino accelerating the plot here. In retrospect I think it would be better to create some more drama and misunderstandings. The nun scene could imply more of such things in the future. I hope my conjectures about feminizing Kirito would be realized, where he is demonstrated to be incapable in front of Asuna. It isn’t that far a reach because in GGO such a form of him exists.

13Gatsu777

Nov 6, 2019
So there's a part 1, a part 2 and a Saikey Translations part 1.

Which one(s) should I download to start from the beginning?
Start by Part 1 either Original or Saikey but the Saikey got rid of SAO Ref for sale purpose although it came with decrypted assets so it does run a tad better

gaka200

Feb 14, 2023
I suspect this is Fujino accelerating the plot here. In retrospect I think it would be better to create some more drama and misunderstandings. The nun scene could imply more of such things in the future. I hope my conjectures about feminizing Kirito would be realized, where he is demonstrated to be incapable in front of Asuna. It isn’t that far a reach because in GGO such a form of him exists.
The drama and misunderstanding with the Brothel is probably going to get further expanded on. The idea was already put there near the beginning of Part 2, since we have seen Inoda spying on Kirito, Klein, and Alice heading into the underground. It's nice to know it was finally brought up, cause I was wondering if that entire plot line was going to be dropped or not. Ideally the stories should connect/merge a little bit so that as you mentioned, they can create more drama and misunderstandings. An obviously easy one is whenever Kirito finally goes back down there, and Suguha/Leafa ends up taking him to her room. Whether Suguha/Leafa successfully has sex with Kirito in FOG or not doesn't matter. What ends up obviously mattering is if Inoda brings Asuna with him to see Kirito go into said brothel with Suguha/Leafa. It would be even better if Leafa meets up with Asuna so she knows who she is, but that one I don't really know if it'll happen or not.

Queen_Nothing

Dec 22, 2021
Good update. I loved that the kitchen scene went as far as it did right there by Kirito, Inoda is starting to really use his powers to get away with whatever he wants now. And the massage scene was good. I think the update could have done without the completely random 'blacked bad end Asuna' dream though, and maybe something more to the IRL parts instead. Some creeping by Inoda, some mild harassment, something. It looks like Inoda is doing these things, but we only get the faintest hint based on what the workers in RECT ar saying. And there was no Sugu, no Sinon, not even any mini stories from random civilians.

Was it just me or was there no anxiety gain this update?

saitamaTM

May 4, 2020
Good update. I loved that the kitchen scene went as far as it did right there by Kirito, Inoda is starting to really use his powers to get away with whatever he wants now. And the massage scene was good. I think the update could have done without the completely random 'blacked bad end Asuna' dream though, and maybe something more to the IRL parts instead. Some creeping by Inoda, some mild harassment, something. It looks like Inoda is doing these things, but we only get the faintest hint based on what the workers in RECT ar saying. And there was no Sugu, no Sinon, not even any mini stories from random civilians.

Was it just me or was there no anxiety gain this update?
i hope next update have more IRL content

warlans

Jun 29, 2022
Is there anything to do on day 20? Or is it just a bug that let me proceed to 6/20?

It says to find Liz in the warehouse but the maps seem pretty empty.

gaka200

Feb 14, 2023
Is there anything to do on day 20? Or is it just a bug that let me proceed to 6/20?

It says to find Liz in the warehouse but the maps seem pretty empty.
Yeah, you're not supposed to make it to 6/20. Also make sure you look for the pigeon/chicken in the memory/recollection room everytime you go there. Once you see it, that's the indicator that you're at the end of the current update. It's usually sitting right beside the Yellow Orb with Anxiety written on it.

arandano

Oct 16, 2019
I don't know why it takes more than 1 month to get that amount of content. NotryStudios (king of summer) updates every week. Btw in the end of this update the little kitchen it says he will stop the montly update what he means , it will take more of one month next update?

4.20 star(s) 84 Votes