Nekura

Dec 5, 2017
Glad to see that the abandoned tag is gone from this game I liked the story and was sad to see an abandoned take get affixed to it. Back on the watch list it goes, hope to see lots more updates for this game.

Reactions: jillgates
Jul 30, 2018
i keep getting urns popping up on my screen when i click them i get this

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

also during the bandit quest i never encounter the 3rd bandit ive gone to the forest 9 times and the lake 9 time for each option and the 3rd bandit never shows up

Nekura

Dec 5, 2017
Finally got Briley to show up and ask me find the 3 urns. Only now when I go to the forest I get stuck in a loop on the way back from the lake, keep getting an error.

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
Hi @Sypolts thanks for that, I reviewed the code and noticed that if you do end up with a repeat scene, the code explicitly was trying to remove something that (shouldn't) still be in the list, thus guaranteeing that error. Thanks for sharing your experience, I'm uploading a new build right now.

@Nekura - the issue you're having is related to the same code, eg, if an event pops (or tries to) a fourth time, it will specifically throw this error.

If you want to remove the error (and fix a few other things) attached to this post are the current & edited versions of all the rpy & other files that are in the Sword of Wonder game directory. With you can decompile the Ren'py RPA files and then swap out the newly unarchived directory /game/ with these files. Just overwrite the existing ones, no need to edit the subfolders from the decompiled Ren'py archive.

Reactions: CurtisBlaydes
Jul 30, 2018
Hi @Sypolts thanks for that, I reviewed the code and noticed that if you do end up with a repeat scene, the code explicitly was trying to remove something that (shouldn't) still be in the list, thus guaranteeing that error. Thanks for sharing your experience, I'm uploading a new build right now.

@Nekura - the issue you're having is related to the same code, eg, if an event pops (or tries to) a fourth time, it will specifically throw this error.

If you want to remove the error (and fix a few other things) attached to this post are the current & edited versions of all the rpy & other files that are in the Sword of Wonder game directory. With you can decompile the Ren'py RPA files and then swap out the newly unarchived directory /game/ with these files. Just overwrite the existing ones, no need to edit the subfolders from the decompiled Ren'py archive.
i installed your fixes and now im getting new errors cant even progress

and many many more ive already counted over 50 errors

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
Hm... @sypolts did you decompile renpy and delete then copy & paste the zip file from here?

Then did you start a new game or load a saved file?

From the errors you showed in the spoiler tag, those are taken care of in the supporter version. I'll test again the version I just uploaded ~an hour ago to validate that version is fixed. If that version also has the same bugs, I'll re-upload some files here to ensure there's a simple way to fix the bug(s) you had.

If the current supporter version is as bug free as I believe, then you might have to wait until the current SoW .25 (c, fourth update) is public in about three weeks.

Either way, I'll post an update after I investigate the current build.

Jul 30, 2018
Hm... @sypolts did you decompile renpy and delete then copy & paste the zip file from here?

Then did you start a new game or load a saved file?

From the errors you showed in the spoiler tag, those are taken care of in the supporter version. I'll test again the version I just uploaded ~an hour ago to validate that version is fixed. If that version also has the same bugs, I'll re-upload some files here to ensure there's a simple way to fix the bug(s) you had.

If the current supporter version is as bug free as I believe, then you might have to wait until the current SoW .25 (c, fourth update) is public in about three weeks.

Either way, I'll post an update after I investigate the current build.
i extracted the files into the unrened folder overwrote the old files started a new game got to day 2 and the errors appeared after meeting polly in the kitchen

Reactions: jillgates

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
Got it; just re-created the issue and attached is another folder you can do the same with (main change from your previous is the script.rpy)...I did some re-factoring with advice and probably messed up something as a result.

My apologies for the time you spent and I do appreciate you sharing the specifics so I could track this down.

Reactions: CurtisBlaydes
Jul 30, 2018
The bandit series appears in the same spot for the "first," version as well as the second.

ive walked towards the woods and lakes at all times of the day and still havent encountered the 3rd bandit and uma is pissed about it that is why im asking ive skipped 3 days of meals looking for the bandit and never found him

Jul 30, 2018
ok now im getting another problem not an error while looking for the urns my third time out after spring visits my room it resets back to the first visit to camelot ill give you my save file just finish with spring in the room and then play a little going to camelot and youll see what i mean

i started another new game now i cant even find the second bandit and i accepted the urn quest from briley and havent found even one of them i think this game doesnt like me

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
@Sypolts -

Am uploading an early .26 beta right now and will add public links to my Patreon / website.

Basically, some asshole here decided to give me 100% shit advice to tank my updates. Class.

Though, I should have known before that...don't trust a man offering free candy. A---hole.

Public ...

...given his deliberate tanking of my code, makes me wonder WTF I'm posting here for, but, I also don't want you to have a shit experience.

Jul 30, 2018
@Sypolts -

Am uploading an early .26 beta right now and will add public links to my Patreon / website.

Basically, some asshole here decided to give me 100% shit advice to tank my updates. Class.

Though, I should have known before that...don't trust a man offering free candy. A---hole.

welll ill have to wait for you to put it up here i cant afford to be a patreon right now im working on my own game right now been busting my ass rewriting my story i have published on the literotica website trying to make it into script/interactive form to get it ready to inject into renpy once i get the characters and scenes for the first of like 25+ chapters

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
>published on the literotica website

Yep, I've done the same (not sure if you read my stories or not) :)

Also, my ebooks are on Amazon, etc....are you playing my game or advertising your shit???

Jul 30, 2018
>published on the literotica website

Yep, I've done the same (not sure if you read my stories or not) :)

Also, my ebooks are on Amazon, etc....are you playing my game or advertising your shit???
i might have read some of your stuff give me a title of one or 2 of your stories ive read alot of stories on there and nah not advertising my stuff because i didnt give a title or anything which i never will do just telling you why i cant become a patreon lol

and of course im playing your game along with like 40+ others lol

TTT3

Jun 18, 2017
I got this error ;

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/episode24.rpy", line 226, in <module>
ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "encounters.rpyc", line 1332, in script call
  File "encounters.rpyc", line 1548, in script call
  File "encounters.rpyc", line 1525, in script call
  File "encounters.rpyc", line 1788, in script call
  File "encounters.rpyc", line 1788, in script call
  File "episode24.rpyc", line 37, in script call
  File "episode24.rpyc", line 220, in script call
  File "episode24.rpyc", line 226, in script
  File "C:\\SwordofWonder-25-win\SwordofWonder-.25-win\renpy\ast.py", line 881, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\\SwordofWonder-25-win\SwordofWonder-.25-win\renpy\python.py", line 1913, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/episode24.rpy", line 226, in <module>
  File "C:\\SwordofWonder-25-win\SwordofWonder-.25-win\renpy\python.py", line 713, in do_mutation
    return method(self, *args, **kwargs)
ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list

Windows-7-SP1
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
SwordofWonder .25
Fri Mar 15 11:43:32 2019

3.10 star(s) 7 Votes