Mattock

May 27, 2018
[...]Am uploading an early .26 beta right now and will add public links to my Patreon / website.[...]
[...]Public ...

[...]Basically, some asshole here decided to give me 100% shit advice to tank my updates. Class.
Though, I should have known before that...don't trust a man offering free candy. A---hole.[...]
[...]...given his deliberate tanking of my code, makes me wonder WTF I'm posting here for, but, I also don't want you to have a shit experience.
first off...be warned...
most likely I'm that said A---hole,
so you should consider my "advice" potentially tainted!..(not sure tho what I did)
------

preface:
from my point of view, you cannot use savegames that were made with versions prior v.26 !
it is not enforced, and you may be even able to play along, but imho errors are highly probable !

I now played the .26beta through(2x exploretrack=9) tho I suspect as a normal player you shouldn't see those "branch v.26..." coz at some points vars get altered that may be unprofitable(?)...
(I'm on windows! so I can't tell anything about other OS)

and I highly recommend to play that 26beta!

to do so with a small addition from me do this:
-download the
-and depack it to a location of your liking
-delete or rename the "SwordofWonder-1513972811" folder in "%APPDATA%\RenPy\"( <-just enter that without quotes to the adress-field of explorer)(those are your old save-files which otherwise would be accessed by the new game-version)
-create a NEW file e.g. named "aWorkAround.rpy"
(name is irrelevant as long as you don't use a name already existing(in the .rpa) and as long as it has an .rpy extension)
with following content:
Code:
init offset=1
default player = Player("[mainc]", 100, 50, 0, 0, 0)
init offset=0
##default inventory = Inventory(0)#could be needed in the future

init -1 python:#for remembering the volume...
    persistent.mTEMPmVolSave = _preferences.get_volume('music')
init 1 python:
    _preferences.set_volume('music', persistent.mTEMPmVolSave)
    delattr(persistent, "mTEMPmVolSave")
and put it into the "game"-folder beside the two .rpa-files
-start a NEW game

my workaround solves only that your hp and combat-value gets stored to the savegame
and that the volume does not get reset every startup

(as info: the developer mode is activated by default in the v.26beta, extraordinarily I left it on too, normally I deactivate it when I play a renpy-game...)

I hope you enjoy this game as much as I do, greets Mattock

@jillgates: I found some bugs
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Latest update April 10th, 2019 for Sword of Wonder below!
If you will, kind gentle Thrownaway13, ...
  • Sword of Wonder Game Updates:
    • Version .26, the next complete update, was just made available, . Available now for Nice level supporters and above; April 17th for Supportive People.
    • The newest public version is .26 beta and was released March 14th, 2019 for anybody who wants to give it a try :). .
    • After the full .26 version is available to supporters, I'll release a free public version the third week of April, 2019, with less content than the supporter version.
Mar 15 at 4:49am
Sword of Wonder Free download .26beta
Including the first .26 beta here.
There were a few areas in the code that I reviewed which resulted in potentially a much smaller set of scenes with Spring being in the game. That fix is a pretty nice improvement.
This update has ~20+ images over the .25 as well as about 8 or so new scenes / sets of dialogue.

playb0y44

Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Here's my compressed version.

Note: This is an unofficial modified version of this game so if something goes wrong it goes wrong ;)

Image/audio/video quality is reduced to make this smaller. This is not a perfect process and sometimes can break a game. You've been warned so no complaining.

Sword of Wonder [v0.26 beta] [Jill Gates] - Original Size: 1.04GB

Download Win (166MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mattock

May 27, 2018
[...]Version .26, the next complete update, was just made available, . Available now for Nice level supporters and above; April 17th for Supportive People.[...]
As I'm too a hot lover of this game(tho not a patreon) please do tell me, is there anything new except the v26beta-link I already posted over 4 months ago?
(see up on this page and if not, remember to use my workaround! it'll benefit you imho...)

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Makes me sad every time I see a developer who is super motivated but then gets hit with something that makes them drop their project. So much potential lost. :cry: I hope Jill is OK.

Last edited:
Reactions: T800

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
LOL latest update tab and abandoned

the art work made me click it but ohh well
Yeah, it looks like this thread didn't have a fully up-to-date version but now does. Unfortunately, it hasn't been updated since April 10. The last Patreon post was titled, "[Another developer] hasn't updated since December, makes 4K per month". I wonder if they got discouraged because they were working hard but didn't have the same number of patrons / income. It's an easy thing to do, but a mistake, to compare your own journey (successes and failures) with those of anybody else. It's often discouraging, and if you have any subconscious doubts, it can exacerbate them. I really do hope the dev is OK. I'd love to see them pick this up again.

Jugo66

Dec 6, 2018
It´s really sad to see another good game died :( But on the other hand thats why more and more People would never support a Developer because they see that after so much investment many got only a abondened game ^^ I wish every Dev who really works for his Patreons a good supporter base but to be true its going to be harder and harder for new ones to get supportet after so many sad abonding experiences .

Reactions: T800

thug73

Jan 20, 2017
Not being a Patreon I can't confirm for sure, but apparently new updated (0.27) went out first to high level Patreons on October 4th, then lower Patreons got it November 4th.

So not totally abandoned yet...

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-
3.10 star(s) 7 Votes