• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
Apr 9, 2019
Could you try replicating your actions, but before saving the money you earn/lose close the phone and walk to a different location? Just a new room or anywhere. Then save, see if that correctly keeps your money.
sure i'll try it right now. i think i did the same with computer. saving without moving or exiting. give me a few minutes

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
that does appear to workaround the money bug.
Alright awesome. So for now, do that, but knowing that doing that fixes it lets me know how to touch it up in the next version. Thanks for helping me narrow down the cause of that!

Mar 4, 2019
Was it just not happening at all? Or was she in her bed but the event just wouldn't trigger
Was not happening at all, had to force it. I freakin' love this game and was sad that I had to start from scratch and could not get back to where I was but I was happy to see it still being developed!

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
Was not happening at all, had to force it. I freakin' love this game and was sad that I had to start from scratch and could not get back to where I was but I was happy to see it still being developed!
I wanna say this sounds like a hangup bug that was in the original v.2 release, patched in the v.21 and v.22 bug fixes that are now available at the mirrors on this page. Are you on the newest update?

Glad you like the game though :), hope the forthcoming future updates are to your taste.

CptValor

Oct 8, 2017
i had the money issue happen to me as well, but it took what i had earned after winning a few rounds and saving to keep my money and then reloading again without leaving my room or the area i was in at the time when i lost! i figured it was a way of keeping us from manipulating saves to stack up cash from repeated wins.

i only experienced this when i would win and save the game, then continue to play and lose, then reload my save and it would revert my cash back to what i had before i started playing. (but again, this happened to me when i was playing the .2 ver.)

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
i had the money issue happen to me as well, but it took what i had earned after winning a few rounds and saving to keep my money and then reloading again without leaving my room or the area i was in at the time when i lost! i figured it was a way of keeping us from manipulating saves to stack up cash from repeated wins.

i only experienced this when i would win and save the game, then continue to play and lose, then reload my save and it would revert my cash back to what i had before i started playing. (but again, this happened to me when i was playing the .2 ver.)
I finally have that issue ironed out, and the fix will be in the next update! I'll never really purposefully implement something to stop you from saving/loading if the player desires to always get the best outcome, I'm making an adult visual novel not some super duper grind simulator haha.

CptValor

Oct 8, 2017
youd be surprised at how many devs would put a function like that in for the challenge factor or whatever other reason! perhaps some see it as a type of cheating i usually use my saves to find out what different dialogue choices results would be
(especially when the dev puts in dialouge choices that are just obviously stupid responses or some kind of hilarious smartass remark! i just gotta see what the girls reaction would be... then of course i reload and choose the right answer! lol)

but if using saves to help me rig the lottery and become rich is an option, why not take it?!

CptValor

Oct 8, 2017
just been playing through some of version .22 and found a minor typo that was in the previous version as well. its not game breaking but its still somethin you might wanna look at.

when you go into Lillians room to talk to her, She first responds to you as Alex, then reverts back to her name above the text box when her next line of dialogue starts. its nothing major, but its still an inconsistency none the less!

Reactions: Glacerose

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
just been playing through some of version .22 and found a minor typo that was in the previous version as well. its not game breaking but its still somethin you might wanna look at.

when you go into Lillians room to talk to her, She first responds to you as Alex, then reverts back to her name above the text box when her next line of dialogue starts. its nothing major, but its still an inconsistency none the less!
Thanks for reporting that! Got it fixed up :)

Reactions: CptValor

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
where and when do i go to see why celeste is late getting home from work?
If this is the original V.2 download you need to download the latest patch from the mirrors, V.22, if you are on the most recent patch she should be home at night and be on her bed.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Not sure if this issue has been mentioned I went to speak to V and when I did I was transported back to the beach o_O and now I can't seem to access the map

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
From my most recent post:

"Hello everyone!

Just wanted to give a quick update on what's currently being worked on for Version V.25.

So far -

- A new Serra Event
- A new Serra Ambient
- 2 new Vivian Events
- A new Vivian Ambient
- A new Minigame
- A new Alex Event
- A new Steph Event
- A new Melissa Event

Has been added to the game. For V.25, I plan to have at MINIMUM, 2 new events for each main character, a new event or two for each side character, and new ambients for most everyone. More teasers will come soon for patrons, and a release date will be set in stone soon.

As for the android version of the rehaul and future updates, I am still waiting for the new version of RenPy to be finally released, failing this being done by V.25's release (extremely unlikely), I will rework the games codebase as needed and release a android port that will work with the current version of Ren'Py.

Thank you everyone!"

4.70 star(s) 23 Votes