cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
sad to say that the current Android version (sylphine.glacerose-24-universal-release.apk) doesn't work on the Samsung Tablet Galaxy Tab A8

the old (sylphine.glacerose-1-universal-release.apk) does work ok on this version tablet though
if i were you i wouldn't bother with this atm.

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
I certainly hope this one continues, it's a decent story and I really like the other world - we should encourage the Dev and not always run them down

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
I certainly hope this one continues, it's a decent story and I really like the other world - we should encourage the Dev and not always run them down
Hard to do when this one has an abandoned game at 0.3 and this game has been plagued with delay after delay after delay followed by a long discord post about their failing health but a promise of more regular communication and updates then almost immediately followed by radio silence.

They posted about a pricing update on their patreon back on the 17th of October along with their last excuse post and "I'll do better" it's now October 8th and the only other post they did was on Aug 19th which was a commission render. There's just no excuse for that and if someone was a paying patreon you'd think the dev would at least have the courtesy to do a weekly patreon post with a small progress update. Their twitter is just as sparse

So again, hard to give the Dev slack in this regard when they've only ever shown consistency in giving excuse posts.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
well might continue but it'll be total remake and otherwordly stuff removed (most likely).

Reactions: that1guyno1knows

Eayz3n

Oct 12, 2018
He was encouraged long enough , before he decided on making 4 remakes that didnt go anywhere. Now unfortunatly all that is left is bitterness and disappointment . And as of late hes even ghosting the discord . What he needs is a wake up call not encouragements . And that will probably only happen when he finally losses all patreons.

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
He was encouraged long enough , before he decided on making 4 remakes that didnt go anywhere. Now unfortunatly all that is left is bitterness and disappointment . And as of late hes even ghosting the discord . What he needs is a wake up call not encouragements . And that will probably only happen when he finally losses all patreons.
He'll start another re-re-re-re-re-remake for a few months, then go silent again after saying he can't work as fast because his neighbors cousins estranged former roommates cat is sick.

Hoplow73

Dec 10, 2020
I was a Patreon supporter and I quit a long time ago because the dev didn't deliver on promises. When he does post it's nothing but excuses and general declarations on what he's planning. Not what he's doing, what he plans to do. Even then the posts are sporadic.

At this point we're 1 month shy of a year and a half since the last release. So as a person who paid the dev and didn't receive what was promised I see no reason to encourage them. I only check back occasionally to see if I can ever get content I paid for in advance. I know that supporting on Patreon is at will, but I bought into the dev's sales pitch in the beginning and I feel like it was a bait and switch, switch, switch combined with no product at the end. False promises = no encouragement.

SHREDDER1976

Feb 25, 2021
guys give the developer a break.
1. it takes time to write a storyline and then make all the graphics to go with it.
2. he / she could be making other games or helping other developers
3. they could also be studying at the same time as making game's
4. they don't work for you, play something else in the mean time, there are over 140 games on f95zone you can download.
5. if you think you can do better, go make your own game. those who can do, teach.

P.S. and in case anyone's wondering, i only pointed out the game wasn't working on a new model of Samsung tablet for feedback so the developer knew, i wasn't complaining, i have the game on P.C.

P.P.S. if you love this game you will also love Serenity and Last Human

Last edited:

packor

Oct 11, 2021
a break? I heard they've had a year and a half break now. How much more break do you want them to have? :ROFLMAO:
I don't like to support projects unless they're astounding or already well developed. Especially not running projects like these.
ESPECIALLY not projects that pause.
Since people tend to be f-in blind, here's the truth:

A year and a half at the lowest level is $22. That's half of a AAA game. The content you actually get from these are 1/10 of an actual game or less.

AAA game could take 5 years to develop. Longer if they run into problems. Diablo 2 only took 3 years, for over weeks of gameplay.

It's not actually realistic to expect 3 year development time on these games. Are you going to wait 3 years to fap? You want to throw $36 AND wait for the game, that's paying on top of paying.
"Breaks" are actually spots with no development. That's EXTENDING those "3 years" into 5 years.

There's no guarantee that they'll even continue or complete. You're just blindly throwing $$ in faith.

I just checked their Patreon, and the $5 option lets you have "periodic new pictures". That means taking time AWAY from development. Obv. I don't even know if they deliver on THOSE. But, anyway, that's just bs. If you're wasting time making "pictures", you aren't serious in developing.

SHREDDER1976

Feb 25, 2021
a break? I heard they've had a year and a half break now. How much more break do you want them to have? :ROFLMAO:
I don't like to support projects unless they're astounding or already well developed. Especially not running projects like these.
ESPECIALLY not projects that pause.
Since people tend to be f-in blind, here's the truth:

A year and a half at the lowest level is $22. That's half of a AAA game. The content you actually get from these are 1/10 of an actual game or less.

AAA game could take 5 years to develop. Longer if they run into problems. Diablo 2 only took 3 years, for over weeks of gameplay.

It's not actually realistic to expect 3 year development time on these games. Are you going to wait 3 years to fap? You want to throw $36 AND wait for the game, that's paying on top of paying.
"Breaks" are actually spots with no development. That's EXTENDING those "3 years" into 5 years.

There's no guarantee that they'll even continue or complete. You're just blindly throwing $$ in faith.

I just checked their Patreon, and the $5 option lets you have "periodic new pictures". That means taking time AWAY from development. Obv. I don't even know if they deliver on THOSE. But, anyway, that's just bs. If you're wasting time making "pictures", you aren't serious in developing.
if you don't want to support a developer any more or want to reduce your subscription with someone on Patreon you can do so at any time.

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
guys give the developer a break.
1. it takes time to write a storyline and then make all the graphics to go with it.
2. he / she could be making other games or helping other developers
3. they could also be studying at the same time as making game's
4. they don't work for you, play something else in the mean time, there are over 140 games on f95zone you can download.
5. if you think you can do better, go make your own game. those who can do, teach.

P.S. and in case anyone's wondering, i only pointed out the game wasn't working on a new model of Samsung tablet for feedback so the developer knew, i wasn't complaining, i have the game on P.C.

P.P.S. if you love this game you will also love Serenity and Last Human
1: It does take time. I won't argue with that. Does it take 17 months? No. He is not writing a blockbuster movie for Hollywood and he is not making a triple A video game that has hundreds of hours of content.
2: He isn't. He is working on Sylphine. Thats it.
3: He isn't. Sylphine is his full time priority, besides counting the money each month that he has scammed with this 4th remake.
4: I agree with the play something else in the mean time.
5: Ah yes, the old "If you think you can do better" argument. If you look at the current situation, if someone updated a game 1 time, they are already doing better.

P.P.S. I love Serenity.

packor

Oct 11, 2021
if you don't want to support a developer any more or want to reduce your subscription with someone on Patreon you can do so at any time.
that's counterarguing against yourself. If you stop your sub, then you aren't giving the dev a break, you're giving yourself a break. Stopping the sub is cutting the dev off.

Reactions: Xros23

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Is there any new information about the game? I haven't paid any attention to this thread for a while since most of the time it's just people arguing about the same shit.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Is there any new information about the game? I haven't paid any attention to this thread for a while since most of the time it's just people arguing about the same shit.
In august dev made a big post saying he will be more active and improve comunication. And of course he didn't stick to his word and is in radio silence since then.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
In august dev made a big post saying he will be more active and improve comunication. And of course he didn't stick to his word and is in radio silence since then.
Thank you for answering. I guess I'll just ignore this thread for another couple of months.

Reactions: Xros23

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
Probably a new medical problem this month. About the game? Still in rework hell.

4.40 star(s) 64 Votes