Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
one of my favorite statements on this site... 'Old save won't work' :mad:
HA HA ahhaa,, like i can even remember the game since i played it last :ROFLMAO:
You'd be surprised at the amount of people who don't even remember the names of the main characters or the most important plot points complaining about exactly this missing save they have no clue about anymore.

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
100k new lines of Dialogue - 100K lines? :unsure:
Did you put all LotR and Hobbit books in there? <.<
While I also thought that to be a typo, I wouldn't be surprised at this rate.

After this update finally dropping I decided to actually give this a spin and boy oh boy, the main story events vomit exposition at you at the start like you wouldn't believe. I'm no stranger to reading through stories in erotic games but man, the amount of verbal exposition given to you here gives the Metal Gear series a run for its money. I truly feel the amount of text from singular story event here could've been stretched out over multiple events instead and it would improve the flow of the game.

Reactions: ann87ra

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
While I also thought that to be a typo, I wouldn't be surprised at this rate.

After this update finally dropping I decided to actually give this a spin and boy oh boy, the main story events vomit exposition at you at the start like you wouldn't believe. I'm no stranger to reading through stories in erotic games but man, the amount of verbal exposition given to you here gives the Metal Gear series a run for its money. I truly feel the amount of text from singular story event here could've been stretched out over multiple events instead and it would improve the flow of the game.
I do agree that the exposition is a bit much, especially in the third story event. But I couldn't really figure any way to spread that out without taking too many events and without being super disjointed, so I went with just throwing it all at you, from then on its pretty smooth sailing I believe

Reactions: Merseault

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
Sylphine [v0.02] [Compressed]

Original Size Win/Linux: 1.58 GB
Original Size Mac: 1.55 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 539 MB: -
Compressed Size Mac: 505 MB: -

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:

Lebeaubrun

Oct 27, 2019
Its weird I just cant play this game due to the huge mc portrait in the corner. wish we could turn it off. Enjoyed the prior HS version of this.

Faucheuse

May 27, 2020
"Old saves don't work" that's fine at least you decided to change the game code early on and not half way through the game

Reactions: offset8

Pentha

Apr 5, 2020
can someone tell me how much content there is? i don't want to download 1.5 gigs and be done after 10 minutes

Drakan47

Dec 17, 2018
can someone tell me how much content there is? i don't want to download 1.5 gigs and be done after 10 minutes
Depending on read speed... 3 to 5 hours maybe. Had some people fly through it, have also had some take forever. Even had one person yesterday take almost 4 hours to just get through the girls events and hadnt touched the main story. So it seems very variable

Reactions: AwsHen

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
I do agree that the exposition is a bit much, especially in the third story event. But I couldn't really figure any way to spread that out without taking too many events and without being super disjointed, so I went with just throwing it all at you, from then on its pretty smooth sailing I believe
The problem is that the beginning of a story sets the tone and pace for future events. If a story flat-out bombards the reader with this much exposition right from the word "go", it makes it difficult to follow along and that kills investment, which might just turn people off entirely. Having a lot of exposition is not a bad thing mind you, but having it frontloaded like this is not helping the player who also needs to learn about the characters and their interactions first. After all, we are playing someone who is already quite familiar with all these characters, yet the player has to learn this dynamic from the ground up, which can take up more of their attention and not leave much for story.

If you cannot break up the story events to make the entry more gentle, another option would be to give the player the option to willingly trigger them when going to bed for example, instead of triggering them at set intervals. This way the player has the ability to chose when to pursue the story - after all, it is supposed to be a sandbox game :)

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
The problem is that the beginning of a story sets the tone and pace for future events. If a story flat-out bombards the reader with this much exposition right from the word "go", it makes it difficult to follow along and that kills investment, which might just turn people off entirely. Having a lot of exposition is not a bad thing mind you, but having it frontloaded like this is not helping the player who also needs to learn about the characters and their interactions first. After all, we are playing someone who is already quite familiar with all these characters, yet the player has to learn this dynamic from the ground up, which can take up more of their attention and not leave much for story.

If you cannot break up the story events to make the entry more gentle, another option would be to give the player the option to willingly trigger them when going to bed for example, instead of triggering them at set intervals. This way the player has the ability to chose when to pursue the story - after all, it is supposed to be a sandbox game :)
Valid option. It actually used to be every 3 in game days instead of 1, but people complained it was too slow.
The choose option is nice though, will definitely implement that.

nobrumski

Donor
May 27, 2019
Just got this error.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/characterStoryEvents/mainStoryEventsGeneral.rpy", line 2672, in script
    af happy "Hehehe... oh it's been so long since I took this form... I think everything still fits..."
Exception: Say has image attributes (u'happy',), but there's no image tag associated with the speaking character.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/characterStoryEvents/mainStoryEventsGeneral.rpy", line 2672, in script
    af happy "Hehehe... oh it's been so long since I took this form... I think everything still fits..."
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 715, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1393, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1134, in __call__
    old_attr_state = self.handle_say_attributes(False, interact)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 971, in handle_say_attributes
    if self.resolve_say_attributes(predicting, attrs):
  File "renpy/character.py", line 897, in resolve_say_attributes
    raise Exception("Say has image attributes %r, but there's no image tag associated with the speaking character." % (attrs,))
Exception: Say has image attributes (u'happy',), but there's no image tag associated with the speaking character.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Sylphine .02
Wed Apr 28 21:31:53 2021

Orzammar

Nov 21, 2017
Haven't really played it yet, but an option to have the font in that intro message and main menu screen to not be...well, that font, would be nice. My dyslexic ass took like 5 minutes before I realized the C's I was reading were actually O's lol.

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
Just got this error.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 715, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1393, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1134, in __call__
    old_attr_state = self.handle_say_attributes(False, interact)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 971, in handle_say_attributes
    if self.resolve_say_attributes(predicting, attrs):
  File "renpy/character.py", line 897, in resolve_say_attributes
    raise Exception("Say has image attributes %r, but there's no image tag associated with the speaking character." % (attrs,))

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Sylphine .02
Wed Apr 28 21:31:53 2021
This is a bug that normally occurs by loading an old out of date save. Did you start a new one?

4.40 star(s) 64 Votes