2.80 star(s) 21 Votes

Abelian

Apr 4, 2024
I prefer my games DRM-free so I really dislike the launcher idea. I buy my games on GOG and I plan on buying this one on GOG as well when it gets released there. I am using the version here because I am curious and an ongoing patreon subscription imo is overpriced (23 bucks every month with en estimated development time of 2 years ... 552 bucks) - even when I backed some kickstarter projects it was cheaper. I will buy the game at day one when it gets released on GOG. GOG however would never accept the game if it had DRM and requires online connection to work. So is this launcher just a launcher or does it also prevents the game fro getting launched without being logged in?

Hmmm ... just tested the launcher It COULD be that the launcher actually is just an installer that downloads the files but does not do anything else. At least the app calls itself installer and not launcher.
The installer INSTALLS a combined launcher, game installer and game updater . (y)

Reactions: Petzl

Abelian

Apr 4, 2024
Did not they do this before too? Then why not this time? :confused:
No idea. Grand Master did not download TGO game nor updates and then share here. Not for long anyway. Most of TGO obtain using cracked launcher to download/update game and update only zip was homemade by f95zone members for regular post here. None of this possible without cracked launcher. With new launcher identification used to download SotS comes not direct from user but from Patreon which makes launcher maybe impossible to crack. Time will tell. Casual user membership of NLT Media is very reasonable and allows access to game and game updates six weeks behind Grand Master so all can enjoy game affordable if choose. (y)

• Hey there
Reactions: Redboi8

FResium

Jan 21, 2023
It reminds me of GTA (not referring to GTA Online, but the PC version), which requires an rstar account for online certification. But the reality is that there're cracked versions of the game which can be enjoyed without internet connection. So I think the same thing will happen here for SoS, because all the game data and the program are on the player's own computer, not on the online server. It just really takes time for coding is not that easy and patience is really the thing we need.

Jafo

Oct 8, 2017
Dang!! No game yet
Copium at peak

Well beter take a pill to calm down. You are shouting but without any result. NLT figured out something which is in my opinion completely fair. It is all about the money! So you will have to pay for the game or you will have to wait untill some ICT genius cracked this and the game will be available for us mortals.

Until that happens. Stop adding buseless bytes to the site. Wait and see what happens.

Dogie King

May 22, 2024
Well beter take a pill to calm down. You are shouting but without any result. NLT figured out something which is in my opinion completely fair. It is all about the money! So you will have to pay for the game or you will have to wait untill some ICT genius cracked this and the game will be available for us mortals.

Until that happens. Stop adding buseless bytes to the site. Wait and see what happens.

Coughs well, I can wait for the next update, but if this one gets some showcase, I am certain it will affect the release of the next version update in one way, just my thought

Game is pretty much famous, so I think someone will do it for us anyway :cool:

Dogie King

May 22, 2024
It reminds me of GTA (not referring to GTA Online, but the PC version), which requires an rstar account for online certification. But the reality is that there're cracked versions of the game which can be enjoyed without internet connection. So I think the same thing will happen here for SoS, because all the game data and the program are on the player's own computer, not on the online server. It just really takes time for coding is not that easy and patience is really the thing we need.
Hope for the coder sage to do it for us ;)
You got the point

Drcozs

Aug 3, 2024
I definitely won't ever pay for this "game" but will see if I can dig it out from somewhere online, although it will be garbage 99%, ToN was funny and entertaining, Genesis went into some weird religious undertone, I can only imagine the depravity of this one, especially given the "cast" and how they look, lol

But the NLT guy is not a dummy, I saw that his Patreon is in top 50 or maybe even top 20 on the entire platform, raking in close too 100K a month.

Very wise to put out 94 seconds of new content every 15 days, it gives the definition of "milking them for all they're worth" a whole new meaning.

McDonald’s Sprite

Mar 31, 2020
So just to get a straight answer on this subject since I'm a little confused. Is the delay in the update being posted here because no one has uploaded it yet, or that NLT has locked the game so that it can't be shared and you need a patreon subscription to play?

Drcozs

Aug 3, 2024
Apparently the game can only be played now by logging into your paypig Patreon account. So if you're not the King Coomer tier with $69 a month support level, you can't access it.

2.80 star(s) 21 Votes