4.50 star(s) 13 Votes

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020
Why do you seem surprised? o_O You had a similar discussion over in Harem Highlander (pages 21-22) about a week ago where you said your GPU is a ATI Radeon xpress 200 series which is from around 2004 and therefore too old and no longer supported by the new Ren'Py renderer. So, unless you've changed your graphics card in the last week to something modern then you're already fully aware that your system simply cannot run any games created using Ren'Py v7.4.0+! I don't think there's anything that anyone can do to help you with that, you simply have an out-dated GPU that is no longer supported which means you simply will not be able to run any game where the dev/creator upgrades to the latest version of Ren'Py.

When you already know your system is too old and your GPU is no longer supported, yet you still try to run a game that's using the latest Ren'Py and then post to report the problem, seems a rather strange thing to do! o_O Doing the same thing over and over while expecting a different result to appear is, to some folks, an indication of insanity! :ROFLMAO: Maybe you should just continue to use either your mother's system or one of the ones at work which can run new Ren'Py v7.4.0+ games? ;)
There has been at least one game that did work on my system without any issues that was done in renpy version 7.4.0.1167, so of course I will try on mine first.

Dev also asked that if any problems to let him know.

Reactions: LostOne84

dani54

Feb 15, 2018
i can't able to install this game on android it just gives me error app not installed not i able to run this game on win 64 ??? HELP

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
There has been at least one game that did work on my system without any issues that was done in renpy version 7.4.0.1167, so of course I will try on mine first.

Dev also asked that if any problems to let him know.
Yet you didn't think that might be usefull information to pass on to the Dev? :unsure: o_O You know your GPU is 14 years old and is no longer supported by Ren'Py v7.4.0+, yet you didn't bother to mention that at all. One game built in Ren'Py v7.4.0.1167 worked on your system, but how many games have you tried recently that use Ren'Py v7.4.0+?

There's nothing wrong with asking for help, but when you do you have to provide as much info as possible so that others can at least try to help. Drip feeding info over multiple posts does nothing to help, in fact it tends to make people avoid offering any help because they'd rather not waste their time waiting for the most relevant and usefull info to be posted! Just saying it doesn't work or just stating the error isn't going to do anything to help anyone. It's made worse when you already know the likely cause is that your system is simply too old and out-dated to be able to run the software but you specifically say nothing about that!

The fact is that you have a 14 year old GPU in your system, which means that as more games move over to Ren'Py v7.4.0+ you're going to be getting more problems running those games! I don't know that there's much of anything that any Dev will be able to do to help you with that! The same will be true for anyone else who is running an older system, eventually your old, out-dated GPU will simply not be able to handle the new Ren'Py renderer! Sure, you might come across an odd game here or there that might, somehow, work, but the majority of games that move over to using Ren'Py v7.4.0+ won't work.

Yes, it absolutley sucks when something like this happens, but unfortunately that's also the reality of owning a computer. Sooner or later it becomes out-of-date and simply can no longer do what you want it to do! :eek:

magus448

May 22, 2018
Sure an error message that pops up is totally going to let them know what version of Renpy it was made with.

magus448

May 22, 2018
Unfortunately it's a windows error rather than one that pops up in game via the dev console, so no log file is made. At least for me anyway.

Reactions: Crazymic79

OzBrit

Jan 31, 2018
Why do you seem surprised? o_O You had a similar discussion over in Harem Highlander (pages 21-22) about a week ago where you said your GPU is a ATI Radeon xpress 200 series which is from around 2004 and therefore too old and no longer supported by the new Ren'Py renderer. So, unless you've changed your graphics card in the last week to something modern then you're already fully aware that your system simply cannot run any games created using Ren'Py v7.4.0+! I don't think there's anything that anyone can do to help you with that, you simply have an out-dated GPU that is no longer supported which means you simply will not be able to run any game where the dev/creator upgrades to the latest version of Ren'Py.

When you already know your system is too old and your GPU is no longer supported, yet you still try to run a game that's using the latest Ren'Py and then post to report the problem, seems a rather strange thing to do! o_O Doing the same thing over and over while expecting a different result to appear is, to some folks, an indication of insanity! :ROFLMAO: Maybe you should just continue to use either your mother's system or one of the ones at work which can run new Ren'Py v7.4.0+ games? ;)
Hey Play nice - He is not the only one with an old system and simply trying to let the Dev know that he could be (unintentionally) shutting out a section of his fan base. You obviously can afford to upgrade systems - not all of us can. I love this game and "Awakenings" and would be very disappointed if it is released in software my system cannot run. I appreciate someone else pointing this out so the Dev Knows and I am informed too. I seriously don't think he was trying to diss the game or the dev.

Reactions: Crazymic79

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
Sure an error message that pops up is totally going to let them know what version of Renpy it was made with.
Which is why the person posting the error message should be providing as much additional information as possible, including system specs, whether drivers are up-to-date or whether they use a specific driver version for some reason. If there's a traceback then they should include the FULL traceback (in a spoiler) because that includes such usefull info as Ren'Py version. If there's no traceback.txt then they could check the log.txt which includes not only the Ren'Py version but also the OS version.

As I said in my post right before you posted:
There's nothing wrong with asking for help, but when you do you have to provide as much info as possible so that others can at least try to help.

If you put minimum effort into asking for help why expect others to do more than the minimum in helping? :eek: :unsure: o_O :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: User1230

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
Hey Play nice - He is not the only one with an old system and simply trying to let the Dev know that he could be (unintentionally) shutting out a section of his fan base. You obviously can afford to upgrade systems - not all of us can. I love this game and "Awakenings" and would be very disappointed if it is released in software my system cannot run. I appreciate someone else pointing this out so the Dev Knows and I am informed too. I seriously don't think he was trying to diss the game or the dev.
I don't have a problem with anyone asking for help, but when they intentionally keep information to themselves it is somewhat annoying. In regards to this, the person was already aware that they have a 14 year old GPU that is no longer supported by the latest versions of Ren'Py, yet they made zero mention of that fact! Do you not think that could be something the Dev would like to know about? :unsure:

EDIT: To clarify, all I'm saying is that when posting about any errors, YOU have to be the one to provide as much info and detail as possible. When you know your system is old and out-dated and is, therefore, the most likely cause of the problem, yet you say absolutley nothing about that, who are you helping to help you? :unsure:

Last edited:

Lysergic

Aug 18, 2018
I wrote this off when I first saw it because of that scene with the dog but I decided to skip that and give the rest a shot and I'm glad I did.

I enjoy the dev's other game but considering how glacially slow the plot of it has been progressing* and how much they get done for an update of this I wish they'd switch it from a sandbox to a normal VN.

*The continuation of the story in this update contained about the same amount of story content as the past 2 or 3 updates of The Awakening.

Reactions: MD27
4.50 star(s) 13 Votes