4.50 star(s) 13 Votes

UrchinHank

Oct 21, 2017
Huh, I hadn't realized that my laptop was as old as it was until tonight. According to BIOS, October 2013... and yet I can still run a whole lot of modern games quite well, though upgraded RAM and SSD helps.
I'm getting the "Not a Valid win32 Application" error as well, though I have been able to run other Renpy 7.4+ games.
Sadface, but also I am looking into a new entertainment laptop (no room for a desktop, otherwise I'd Frankenstein that beast until it worked or just started with a fresh mobo).

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
Why Cannot .... RUN win x64
Could be any number of reasons, but you provide exactly zero information for anyone to be able to say what the actual problem might be! :rolleyes:

I've said this a couple of times in this thread recently, but what the heck, once again won't hurt will it? :unsure: When posting about errors and/or issues, YOU have to be the one to provide as much info and detail as possible. Surprising as it may seem, you are the only person who knows anything about your system. If you want help that's fine, but you have to help others to help you first! If you can't be bothered to take a little time to provide some basic info, why should anyone else be bothered with trying to help you? :unsure:

Please also note that anyone NOT running Win10 and/or is using a system that's about 5 or 6 years old (or older) will likely have issues and/or problems running any games that use the very latest versions of Ren'Py.

Edited for Clarification to avoid any possible confusion.

Last edited:

aunkub11

Jul 31, 2019
Could be any number of reasons, but you provide exactly zero information for anyone to be able to say what the actual problem might be! :rolleyes:

I've said this a couple of times in this thread recently, but what the heck, once again won't hurt will it? :unsure: When posting about errors and/or issues, YOU have to be the one to provide as much info and detail as possible. Surprising as it may seem, you are the only person who knows anything about your system. If you want help that's fine, but you have to help others to help you first! If you can't be bothered to take a little time to provide some basic info, why should anyone else be bothered with trying to help you? :unsure:

Please also note that anyone NOT running Win10 and/or is using a system that's about 5 or 6 years old (or older) will likely have issues and/or problems running any games that use the very latest versions of Ren'Py.

Edited for Clarification to avoid any possible confusion.
I use windows 7 .... so not compatible with game ?

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
Huh, I hadn't realized that my laptop was as old as it was until tonight. According to BIOS, October 2013... and yet I can still run a whole lot of modern games quite well, though upgraded RAM and SSD helps.
I'm getting the "Not a Valid win32 Application" error as well, though I have been able to run other Renpy 7.4+ games.
Sadface, but also I am looking into a new entertainment laptop (no room for a desktop, otherwise I'd Frankenstein that beast until it worked or just started with a fresh mobo).
Sadly that's the cold hard truth of owning a computer, sooner or later it will no longer be able to do what you want it to do! Though these days they don't seem to last as long as they used to! New technology comes along way too quickly, usually at the point when you thought you were getting the "very latest" only to find out it's already out-dated! :eek:

• Sad
Reactions: Wayward38

Relictor

Mar 16, 2019
Hi my Error Message was:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Before loading the script.
error: Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 382, in main
renpy.loader.index_archives()
File "renpy/loader.py", line 244, in index_archives
index = handler.read_index(f)
File "renpy/loader.py", line 129, in read_index
index = loads(zlib.decompress(infile.read()))
error: Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.1.1270

Mon Feb 1 11:31:04 2021

My System:
Win10 64 / Graphic Nvidia 960GT

Thx for help...

OzBrit

Jan 31, 2018
I don't have a problem with anyone asking for help, but when they intentionally keep information to themselves it is somewhat annoying. In regards to this, the person was already aware that they have a 14 year old GPU that is no longer supported by the latest versions of Ren'Py, yet they made zero mention of that fact! Do you not think that could be something the Dev would like to know about? :unsure:

EDIT: To clarify, all I'm saying is that when posting about any errors, YOU have to be the one to provide as much info and detail as possible. When you know your system is old and out-dated and is, therefore, the most likely cause of the problem, yet you say absolutley nothing about that, who are you helping to help you? :unsure:
Fair enough - I see where your coming from - just seemed to be living up to your profile image and going for the throat, but I can see from your subsequent posts your motives are well intentioned.

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
Fair enough - I see where your coming from - just seemed to be living up to your profile image and going for the throat, but I can see from your subsequent posts your motives are well intentioned.
After years of seeing posts in forums all over the internet I know it's not just here that it happens. But nobody will ever learn that simply posting "it don't work" or "I get errors" and then providing no further information isn't doing anything to get themselves any sort of help if nobody tells them that they must provide more info! When you know your GPU is so old that it's no longer supported and you not only don't admit that when posting about errors but you continue to push your GPU to run things it can't really run anymore there's usually only one way that ends, and that's with a burnt out dead GPU! But some people just refuse to see the problems that are right in front of them. But hey, at the end of it all the only person they're hurting is themselves, so sometimes the best way to make them see that is simply to be blunt and a little brutal. :eek: :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: OzBrit

Beghin

Sep 30, 2018
Doesn't work for me either, i get an error saying, tabooStories is not a win32 valid application, but i have x64 windows hmm

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
To the people who it has not worked for, what operating system are you using?

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
I normally don't like kinetic novels but I have been following this since chapter 1 and I have to say I'm really enjoying it. She's one hell of a furry. :)

DarkShroud

Mar 5, 2018
My only issue is how quickly it came to an end!
I really want more of Elli!
Adding some bodyswap as well would be right up my street too!

JohnHunter

Jan 17, 2018
Same problem - "not valid" - the only program I've ever seen with this result - windows 7.

Could this be a hint? When I ran unren it failed due to err 13 - permission denied. Something that does not happen with version 3 of the game.

Last edited:

SLim_Games

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 9, 2018
You asked if any problems. Got this trying either exe.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: Get that on my Windows vista 32bit, as well as my Windows 7 64bit. Yet on someone else windows 10 64bit comes up fine.
Thank you, and everyone else for reporting this.
I have updated the op with the old renpy version which should work fine on older windows versions.

killer2005de

Apr 27, 2017
Same here get only error message that cannot run.
Btw the old version run without problems on my system.
Erreo screen.jpg
Ok find error i download wrong file the win 7 download is right and work the other only for win 10!
screen.jpg

Last edited:

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
Thank you, and everyone else for reporting this.
I have updated the op with the old renpy version which should work fine on older windows versions.
Brilliant, hopefully that will resolve the problem that many are having with the new version of Ren'Py, just hope they actually read the OP and download the correct version! :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

4.50 star(s) 13 Votes