4.50 star(s) 13 Votes

SLim_Games

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 9, 2018
Brilliant, hopefully that will resolve the problem that many are having with the new version of Ren'Py, just hope they actually read the OP and download the correct version! :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
question is if it's my code that has to be adjusted or if it's the new renpy on its own that's causing the problem.. anyway I'm downloading a virtual machine right now to test this problem :/
also renpy 7.4.2 just came out...

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
question is if it's my code that has to be adjusted or if it's the new renpy on its own that's causing the problem.. anyway I'm downloading a virtual machine right now to test this problem :/
also renpy 7.4.2 just came out...
Yeah, I was literally reading about the new Ren'Py v7.4.2 just before I posted. Was trying to find some sort of info about the actual minimum system requirements but they don't seem to put that info in an easy to find place! One thing I noticed in the changes for v7.4.2 was that it " fixes missing files caused by a mistake in the build process":
  • The say.vbs file was missing, preventing self-voicing from working on Windows.
  • Various files required to support ANGLE were missing, which prevented DirectX rendering from working.
Not really sure why I thought they'd have the full minimum system specs in a single, easy to find place! :ROFLMAO: But anyways, good luck with your testing and I hope you can figure out what the problem is/was! (y)

SLim_Games

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 9, 2018
Yeah, I was literally reading about the new Ren'Py v7.4.2 just before I posted. Was trying to find some sort of info about the actual minimum system requirements but they don't seem to put that info in an easy to find place! One thing I noticed in the changes for v7.4.2 was that it " fixes missing files caused by a mistake in the build process":
  • The say.vbs file was missing, preventing self-voicing from working on Windows.
  • Various files required to support ANGLE were missing, which prevented DirectX rendering from working.
Not really sure why I thought they'd have the full minimum system specs in a single, easy to find place! :ROFLMAO: But anyways, good luck with your testing and I hope you can figure out what the problem is/was! (y)
Thx, I figured it out.. it was the icon image for the .exe
not sure why.. maybe renpy tom changed the implementation, but that was it. now it works on windows7

Skargaroth

Oct 19, 2020
Will ask again as it's gotten lost in all the "the game doesn't work" posts.

Will there be any scaly/scalie stuff at some point?

SLim_Games

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 9, 2018
Will ask again as it's gotten lost in all the "the game doesn't work" posts.

Will there be any scaly/scalie stuff at some point?
I'm not sure what that is. Like dragon scale? I don't think I'll add more furry stuff than Elli.

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Hoping that she can switch back and forth to cat mode, or maybe have her turn into a cat when she gets horny.
There could be a lot of comedy in her turning into a cat when she gets horny, and could make for interesting future stories with her.

UrchinHank

Oct 21, 2017
Thx, I figured it out.. it was the icon image for the .exe
not sure why.. maybe renpy tom changed the implementation, but that was it. now it works on windows7
Cool, it works now on Windows 7 64bit, on my system at least.
Thank you!

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
I'm not sure what that is. Like dragon scale? I don't think I'll add more furry stuff than Elli.
I think it's probably more lizard type scales rather than dragon, my guess would be something like the Argonians from the Elder Scrolls games maybe?

Reactions: Skargaroth

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020
Thank you, and everyone else for reporting this.
I have updated the op with the old renpy version which should work fine on older windows versions.
Thanks for doing a older renpy version. I'm sure others like myself, whose main pc is Windows 7 with a gpu that's old enough to get a drivers license, greatly appreciate you taking the time to do that.

Now quick question, considering the cliffhanger, will Elli be able to switch forms to whichever appearance she wants, after we rescue her?

SLim_Games

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 9, 2018
Thanks for doing a older renpy version. I'm sure others like myself, whose main pc is Windows 7 with a gpu that's old enough to get a drivers license, greatly appreciate you taking the time to do that.

Now quick question, considering the cliffhanger, will Elli be able to switch forms to whichever appearance she wants, after we rescue her?
hehe, I haven't thought about that yet, or if she's changed at all :)

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020
hehe, I haven't thought about that yet, or if she's changed at all :)
I'm sure you'll keep a notepad and jot ideas for this while your working on your main project. Once you feel you got something to go with, that you feel is worthy, you'll update.

Thanks again.(y)

Reactions: SLim_Games

Crazymic79

Jul 31, 2018
Thanks for the fix. I was hoping I wouldn't have to miss this one simply because i'm a brokeass.

JJsworld

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2018
Damn Slim... You should redo your Ren'py tutorials and use Elli in them... Thanks for the update... Also yhanks for the tutorials on using Ren'py, they have helped with my Kinetic Novel...

Wozarion

Nov 12, 2017
Just saying, Malwarebytes quarantine the exe in that win 7 mega download, ransomware warning.
Guessing it's just an error, but i lack the knowledge to say why. I play plenty of other renpy games and none did that recently.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: SLim_Games
4.50 star(s) 13 Votes