Patoupatou

Jul 31, 2018
Hi. I'm here cause i have some trouble with the game. I already posted on the TT discord but i'm trying my luck here since there may be different ppl here and there !

Everytime i launch the game my graphic card makes a whistling noise and that's pretty weird, tbh i never had a whistling noise like that even on graphicly heavy games. The noise appears when i get to the main menu and intensify when i move the mouse or try to replay a scene.
So i was wondering if i'm the only one having this issue ?

here is some info on my spec:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU 3.60GHz (5.00GHz)
GC Rtx 3070

Last edited:

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Hi. I'm here cause i have some trouble with the game. I already posted on the TT discord but i'm trying my luck here since there may be different ppl here and there !

Everytime i launch the game my graphic card makes a whistling noise and that's pretty weird, tbh i never had a whistleling noise like that even on graphicly heavy games. The noise appears when i get to the main menu and intensify when i move the mouse or try to replay a scene.

GC Rtx 3070
Sounds like you need a new graphics card. or a better cooling solution, whistling GPUs are not good.

Patoupatou

Jul 31, 2018
Sounds like you need a new graphics card. or a better cooling solution, whistling GPUs are not good.
I doubt that the issue is my GC. I don't have any trouble with other games, im currently playing WoW, NBA2k22 and Dying light with ultra settings and i don't have this issue on those games. So i don't know why i have this issue with TT.

ANHELO

Nov 1, 2019
I doubt that the issue is my GC. I don't have any trouble with other games, im currently playing WoW, NBA2k22 and Dying light with ultra settings and i don't have this issue on those games. So i don't know why i have this issue with TT.
If the graphic card only has problems in tt, it may be that the game is not well optimized since it is an indie game

Reactions: Count Morado

Phenomamd

Dec 27, 2017

Everytime i launch the game my graphic card makes a whistling noise and that's pretty weird, tbh i never had a whistling noise like that even on graphicly heavy games. The noise appears when i get to the main menu and intensify when i move the mouse or try to replay a scene.

GC Rtx 3070
I'd bet you have unlocked framerate and your GPU is coil whining.
Do you have a program that will show you the FPS of programs? Fraps might suffice purely for an FPS readout.
Some cards are more prone to coil whine than others, and I'll assure you that while it is annoying, it's not indicative of any issues and isn't something to worry about.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022

GC Rtx 3070
Your system is relatively new (<2 years) ... Are you absolutely sure it's only on TT and no other games? It could be, but I think you might find other games my trigger the whistle as well if you investigate.

Get a can of compressed air and blow out your system. If your GPU fans run at variable speeds, it might be that the speed of the fans are just the right speed to cause that whistle/whine, where as less taxing games (and more) get past the resonance frequency needed. If you take the side off your desktop when you hear the whistle, does it continue (it might be creating turbulence to cause a flute effect through the venting holes).

Here's a reddit thread about your video card, specifically, and that I found using a web search engine.

Reactions: APoc1

Phenomamd

Dec 27, 2017
Your system is relatively new (<2 years) ... Are you absolutely sure it's only on TT and no other games? It could be, but I think you might find other games my trigger the whistle as well if you investigate.

Get a can of compressed air and blow out your system. If your GPU fans run at variable speeds, it might be that the speed of the fans are just the right speed to cause that whistle/whine, where as less taxing games (and more) get past the resonance frequency needed. If you take the side off your desktop when you hear the whistle, does it continue (it might be creating turbulence to cause a flute effect through the venting holes).

Here's a reddit thread about your video card, specifically, and that I found using a web search engine.
For what it's worth, I severely doubt his GPU is going past the 2D Desktop state for a game like TT so fan speed will be irrelevant.
It's more than likely inductor whine commonly referred to as coil whine, it's a very well known "problem" on GPUs, unless it's the aforementioned issue of having an uncapped framerate, nothing can be done to stop it because it's happening on a component level.

Jun 7, 2019
You guys thinking it’s gonna be down to the wire for a release this week or we getting it tomorrow or Friday cause the week is half over just interested in the thoughts of the forum. I honestly have no expectations I like to just think it’ll happen when it’ll happen but if it doesnt happen by Friday I’d have little hope for a Saturday release.

Reactions: icyphoenixkk

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
You guys thinking it’s gonna be down to the wire for a release this week or we getting it tomorrow or Friday cause the week is half over just interested in the thoughts of the forum. I honestly have no expectations I like to just think it’ll happen when it’ll happen but if it doesnt happen by Friday I’d have little hope for a Saturday release.
Last release was on a Sunday/Monday (depending upon your part of the world).

Lostraven was given "more scenes to write" yesterday, he said they were small and would finish them today. Those all still need to be put into the code by Uber. Lostraven hasn't stated that he received a version to playtest yet, he has said he will let discord know when he does.

If it comes out this week, I expect that top tier subscribers get the alpha to test on Sunday.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
So let's start the game over, rebuilt with new characters?
Yep that is what it sounds like. New characters, upgraded story line , updated art in some cases and your old save is not likely to be compatible so have to play from the beginning. Not sure to what extent each of these things will be in some cases I suspect tweaks and in others I "suspect" bigger changes. To be honest we just don't know at this point how it will play out. I don't expect though that this will severely change the game , but it is going to change some things. So strap yourselves in folks cause it "may" or "may not" be a bumpy ride. :)

Reactions: Sadowdark

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Maybe they will improve this system of hints, because the hints resembled puzzles, it was not known what was going on.
I think the hints system is fine the way it is, hints aren't supposed to walk you through the game, just provide little direction when you are stuck. If anything I'd like them to be a little more subtle/cryptic.

If you need a walkthrough they are easy enough to find.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
So long as there’s Tiffany content I don’t mind playing it from the beginning…

I really hope she is in this update as well and I think originally after the Mary's (Actually don't think Mary's rout is finished yet) rout Tiffany was supposed to be next. However now we have this re-vamp and I am left wondering if we will get Tiffany this time.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
Maybe they will improve this system of hints, because the hints resembled puzzles, it was not known what was going on.
I think the hints system is fine the way it is, hints aren't supposed to walk you through the game, just provide little direction when you are stuck. If anything I'd like them to be a little more subtle/cryptic.

If you need a walkthrough they are easy enough to find.

I agree partially with both of you. I think the hint system could be improved instead of ab-libbing the hints they should be quotes taken from the dialog.
However I don't want them dumbed down all the way other wise not really a hint anymore more like a walkthrough. If you read the dialog then a simple get X, Y and Z then see X should be plenty. To be perfectly honest I have never once used a walkthrough for this game it just was not needed if you payed attention to the dialog.

Reactions: Sadowdark
3.50 star(s) 351 Votes