Patoupatou

Jul 31, 2018
I'd bet you have unlocked framerate and your GPU is coil whining.
Do you have a program that will show you the FPS of programs? Fraps might suffice purely for an FPS readout.
Some cards are more prone to coil whine than others, and I'll assure you that while it is annoying, it's not indicative of any issues and isn't something to worry about.
Sorry for the delay, was sleeping :p

I just downloaded fraps and tried it and the game is running between 1500 and 3000 fps. So you may be right, any idea how to cap the fps for TT ?

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Sorry for the delay, was sleeping :p

I just downloaded fraps and tried it and the game is running between 1500 and 3000 fps. So you may be right, any idea how to cap the fps for TT ?
Dont you have a dashboard/"management suit" for your graphics card? should be some settings in there you can tweak.

Patoupatou

Jul 31, 2018
Dont you have a dashboard/"management suit" for your graphics card? should be some settings in there you can tweak.
Yup that's what i did using the NVIDIA control pannel but tbh i would like to be able to do it for TT only and not cap games that don't cause the "issue".
But what i find weird is that even with the fps capped at 60, the noise still happen but is less noisy. I don't know why that happens with TT and not with other games i play atm like WoW. I know WoW isn't the most intensive game for gpu but even in raids with lots of particules my gpu doesn't make this noise.

ANHELO

Nov 1, 2019
Yup that's what i did using the NVIDIA control pannel but tbh i would like to be able to do it for TT only and not cap games that don't cause the "issue".
But what i find weird is that even with the fps capped at 60, the noise still happen but is less noisy. I don't know why that happens with TT and not with other games i play atm like WoW. I know WoW isn't the most intensive game for gpu but even in raids with lots of particules my gpu doesn't make this noise.
If you only want to limit the fps only for TT , pictures are in spanish but i think u can understand

Phenomamd

Dec 27, 2017
No worries, I was also sleeping not too long after having made that post.
The higher the framerate, the more your inductors will oscillate and TLDR you'll get mad coil whine.
Personally I use RivaTunerStatisticsServer to both monitor temperatures/framerate as well as limit FPS.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And for what it's worth, you should absolutely be using VSync on damn near everything anyway, chances are your monitor is 60hz meaning your monitor can only display 60FPS, any extra frames are just wasted electric (who needs to be wasting that these days)
Oh and I'll reiterate, coil whine is totally normal and you needn't worry, it's annoying of course but there's nothing that can be done about it, best to just lock VSync (or use a framerate limiter) and try ignore it.

Patoupatou

Jul 31, 2018
If you only want to limit the fps only for TT , pictures are in spanish but i think u can understand
Yup just found that i could specify the program :p Thanks !
No worries, I was also sleeping not too long after having made that post.
The higher the framerate, the more your inductors will oscillate and TLDR you'll get mad coil whine.
Personally I use RivaTunerStatisticsServer to both monitor temperatures/framerate as well as limit FPS.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And for what it's worth, you should absolutely be using VSync on damn near everything anyway, chances are your monitor is 60hz meaning your monitor can only display 60FPS, any extra frames are just wasted electric (who needs to be wasting that these days)
Oh and I'll reiterate, coil whine is totally normal and you needn't worry, it's annoying of course but there's nothing that can be done about it, best to just lock VSync (or use a framerate limiter) and try ignore it.
i'm relivied that it's not harmful for my gpu but god that's annoying but i'll have to accept it ! i'll check about Rivaturner to see if it can help me a little !

Thanks to all of you who took their time helping me <3 Have a nice day/night !

PS: sorry for my crappy english :x

Reactions: Phenomamd

AmethystPrism

Apr 3, 2022
Given that the various Patreon tier members have earlier access, does the theoretical release this week refer to the earliest release in those tiers, or to the lowest tier where the game is accessible?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Given that the various Patreon tier members have earlier access, does the theoretical release this week refer to the earliest release in those tiers, or to the lowest tier where the game is accessible?
it'll be the highest tier, but who knows where heros come from.
Based upon what's been said in discord:
  • The writer, Lostraven, still needs to get a pre-alpha to playtest from Uber.
  • Then Uber would fix any immediate issues.
  • Next, the top tier would get the alpha to test. That is the version we usually see here - so you can thank a top anonymous contributor for whatever we get here, when it gets here.
  • When they have tested it, Uber fixes those issues.
  • At that time, beta version goes to the 2nd tier, then to the top tier.
  • Finally to the 3rd tier ($5).
  • At the same time, the 4th tier ($1) and public get access to the beta of the previous version.

Sep 29, 2021
Well, let's wait until sunday.
We haven't get any certain news from Lostraven.
I do think it's won't come out this week, uber probably still need 1/2 weeks to finish it.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 351 Votes