APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
NP. I use .
That is a pretty interesting list Guess I am not surprised at who is at the top , I am kind of surprised at 22 considering their track record.
For all those who think TT is bad just hop on over to #25 and try playing that almost lewdless train wreck of a game :p

jbus9

Aug 12, 2020
I completely understand your point. I do. But the complaints are misplaced at the wrong point in the timeline. The problem isn't missing deadlines. It's about not setting hard deadlines; it's poor project management. He does communicate regularly through Patreon to his subscribers (every 2-3 weeks) whether near an expected release, or not. Picking out that he only put out those messages about "a couple more days" to keep his numbers up ("from a paying perspective") has no supportable evidence.

I believe he truly believes the posts he puts on Patreon - but then finds things he wants to "make perfect" before it releases (we all have been there - "I can make it better if I only have a few more hours/days/etc" - and then realize we just need to stop and let it go).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The devteam is a team of 3 - Artist/coder, proofreader, writer.

The testing and polishing occurs mostly with Uber and then before releasing the alpha for testing to top tiers, it goes to the writer, Lostraven, for one last play through for Q/A.

In the discord, Lostraven has mentioned anything new he has gotten has mostly been cleanup writing or tweaking scenes since the end of February. One can easily see this is because the testing and polishing of art/coding and proofreading is going on and Uber wants to tweak a few more things. This goes back to setting a SMART goal with a hard date and time so that Uber would have to hold himself more accountable.
Thanks for the clarification, as I haven't been in any discords (because I don't really like using it) I miss out on this kind of information so it is nice to get it here. I fully understand that perfection is a persons worst enemy and it is not as simple as changing one thing and everything works but surely having the bulk of informative updates coming from a writer (ie., LostRaven) is quite concerning in itself.

But yeah I agree these vague deadline do not help and if anything make the situation way worse as it can be interpreted very differently and leads to further disappointment. Also I think using vague deadlines is counterproductive and lazy in a sense as you can always fall onto the idea you never gave a solid date for release!

jbus9

Aug 12, 2020
Again, there is no evidence that it is a lie. The big issue here is phrase "polishing stage". The problem is that this is where he, probably, still is.

I say that from looking at the evidence to date. Not long after posting this he asks Lostraven for 32 pages of more text to insert. We'll probably never know but there may have been additional artwork as well.

We know from what has been said on discord, and then added here, that there have been subsequent requests of work from Lostraven, so probably more text being added.

the issue appears to be that Uberpie continues to tweak the game in the polishing stage by adding to the story. He's probably been unrealistic with himself, and then everyone, about roughly how long that would take.

in my view that was just a genuine mistake. The income is largely settled, as shown by the graph above, and most of the core backers don't care either way so there is little incentive to outright lie. Any large scale increase in funding follows release, not a post that it may be nearly finished, and there hasn't been any significant increase in backing since his post in Feb.

Its frustrating, for me, as i have gone from never thinking about the game to checking for updates on a regular basis, but that is the sum total of it. I suspect that is true for most people.
Oh no I agree, and I do not necessary think its a ploy to gain more subscribers I just think that overall this kind of behaviour does not work in the long-term for projects like this.

I feel that there has been deception (maybe not intentionally) towards his subscribers, and that the story should've been planned before the update was worked on, I get that changes are made throughout production but to suggest a late February update and still not release by the 10th of April does raise some red flags.

Although my main point is this whole situation can be avoided through transparency, communication is key and to be successful in any endeavour I believe you need to be honest and open with supporters so they know what is actually going on.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
I would prefer that Devs either gave and stuck to timelines , or just not give one at all. They can set a goal for themselves keeping it to themselves and try and stick to it if they want.
Problem is it seems like fans/patreons are constantly asking , when! when! when! So Devs feel they have to set public goals and some Devs keep pretty close to those stated goals but "Most" miss the self imposed deadlines and then people are disappointed.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Oh no I agree, and I do not necessary think its a ploy to gain more subscribers I just think that overall this kind of behaviour does not work in the long-term for projects like this.

I feel that there has been deception (maybe not intentionally) towards his subscribers, and that the story should've been planned before the update was worked on, I get that changes are made throughout production but to suggest a late February update and still not release by the 10th of April does raise some red flags.

Although my main point is this whole situation can be avoided through transparency, communication is key and to be successful in any endeavour I believe you need to be honest and open with supporters so they know what is actually going on.
I see few subscribers grumble and fret in the discord about this situation - it is nowhere near the number or the venom of what I see here in F95 from people who primarily play the game for free while claiming they are speaking for the best interest of the subscribers. That said, I am not a subscriber myself - so if there is a subscriber-only discord thread, I do not know what goes on in there.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
how big is this game planned to be?

Before this update I had thought it was just over half complete but now that they are doing a revamp of some of the story and adding at least 5 new characters(these are known due to teasers but there are 4 more on his patreon page found in the top of the page picture that have not been teased yet) I am no longer sure we really know just how big it will get. As far as hours it takes to get through what is there that will depend on if you read everything and how fast you can figure out the quests but there is a lot of content so far. There will be an alternate Rout as well so far this is only the main rout in the current releases. The alternate rout is supposed to be the NTR rout no one knows at this point if this will be a comparable rout in terms of time to complete or if it will be just some scenes added to the main rout. However if the MC is going to get NTR'd I would expect it would change the story greatly due to the current disposition of the MC being drastically opposite of a cuck. imo. I have been told there is a road map on the Patreon page but I have not seen it and with the re-vamp I could not say if it was still accurate. So in short pretty hard question to answer accurately.

If you are just wondering if it is worth it to start playing now, I would say it is , but that just one mans opinion.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
Well it is 10pm on a Sat here but I am not really expecting a release this weekend. At this point I am telling my self probably by the end of the month. leaving a large window 20+ days.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Less than 2 hours boys maybe Ubers In a different time zone though but it’s not looking good
Well it is 10pm on a Sat here but I am not really expecting a release this weekend. At this point I am telling my self probably by the end of the month. leaving a large window 20+ days.
While I don't doubt we'll go the weekend without the update in at least Lostraven's hands to QA - Uber lives in France, where the week ends on Sunday. He's got just under 20 hours more to meet his latest estimate by the calendar in his land - or just under 44 until the end of Sunday passes through the last Hawai'ian island.

No one pestered Lostraven with a childish "are we there yet" in the discord, and he was silent all day today in the public area (He's in the UK, so he's in bed by now). So I guess we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Reactions: APoc1

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
While I don't doubt we'll go the weekend without the update in at least Lostraven's hands to QA - Uber lives in France, where the week ends on Sunday. He's got just under 20 hours more to meet his latest estimate by the calendar in his land - or just under 44 until the end of Sunday passes through the last Hawai'ian island.

No one pestered Lostraven with a childish "are we there yet" in the discord, and he was silent all day today in the public area (He's in the UK, so he's in bed by now). So I guess we'll see what tomorrow brings.
I guess I am just trying to not set my self up for disappointment by wondering when to expect it. Of course its still possible for tomorrow, but the realist in me thinks should be done by "at least the end of the month right"?(rhetorical thought to my self) . I will be as happy as the rest of us if it comes out sooner rather than later. I hope people understand I am not making any predictions I am just thinking out load so to speak.

(APoc1 drinks a tall glass of Hopium for a still possible weekend release:D)

Reactions: Count Morado
3.50 star(s) 351 Votes