Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
While the delays are frustrating, I get this game for free (and because of F95, several months before it's free to the public).
That said, Uber does post updates every couple of weeks on his Patreon and though he has issues with project time estimates (or attempt to get it as perfect as possible and continues to see where he wants to improve before the release), he does release eventually.

I will reiterate - after years of working in time-specific occupations, it's ingrained in me: a deadline isn't a deadline without a date and time. He's only offered hope for rough estimates that have ultimately resulted in delays. If about a week out he set a hard date and time, he'd be more apt to release them through simple reaction to a stated commitment - even if it wasn't as ready as he wanted at the time of its release.

Last edited:

jbus9

Aug 12, 2020
While the delays are frustrating, I get this game for free (and because of F95, several months before it's free to the public).
That said, Uber does post updates every couple of weeks on his Patreon and though he has issues with project time estimates (or attempt to get it as perfect as possible and continues to see where he wants to improve before the release), he does release eventually.

I will reiterate - after years of working in time-specific occupations, it's ingrained in me: a deadline isn't a deadline without a date and time. He's only offered hope for rough estimates that have ultimately resulted in delays. If about a week out he set a hard date and time, he'd be more apt to release them through simple reaction to a stated commitment - even if it wasn't as ready as he wanted at the time of its release.
IDK this is quite cut and dry

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
IDK this is quite cut and dry
But it's not. It's still an estimate. It doesn't state "March 4 release" ... it says couple days ... and yes, that would mean he intended to get it out in a couple days. but since he set no firm deadline and did not commit to that, he had wiggle room in his own mind to take more time before the release.

For those of you familiar with the concept, he does not use acceptable SMART goals:
  • Specific (simple, sensible, significant).
  • Measurable (meaningful, motivating).
  • Achievable (agreed, attainable).
  • Relevant (reasonable, realistic and resourced, results-based).
  • Time bound (time-based, time limited, time/cost limited, timely, time-sensitive).
Every time he states an estimate on a release he uses none of the above. In terms of holding himself accountable to specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and Time-bound goals -- I agree with you, he is shit and needs to up his game. That would be my complaint and beef with his business acumen. Not missing estimated, uncommitted, wild ass guess release hopes and dreams.

But since he does not and his subscribers do not give him enough reason to, he creates these delays himself instead of attempting to release what he has completed on the date. His subscriber numbers continue to climb, month in and month out. He's the 21st top adult creator on Patreon. The increases stall between updates, but return to climbing when there is one.
1649463299786.png

Reactions: Aton

jbus9

Aug 12, 2020
God I hate smart goals gives me ptsd...

But yeah sure you can argue he doesn't specifically say a date but to state it will be a couple days till release on the 28th of Feb is quite misleading, and the fact there is no communication till the end of March is pretty concerning I think from a paying perspective. Either way I am not too fussed when the update comes but I think dying on the hill of 'no specific date being set' isn't great as he is clearly misleading 'stakeholders' (if you wanna call them that). Its all semantics and most issues are caused by his continuous vague deadlines. He keeps gaining subs because the game is genuinely good its just sad that there is so much shit in-between the updates and that is partly why I haven't felt compelled to be continuously subscribed.

I hope the newest update when it comes is good, as there is a real talent their just I cannot understand the continuous deception - maybe I am seeing things wrongly but something just doesn't feel quite right?

jbus9

Aug 12, 2020
But it's not. It's still an estimate. It doesn't state "March 4 release" ... it says couple days ... and yes, that would mean he intended to get it out in a couple days. but since he set no firm deadline and did not commit to that, he had wiggle room in his own mind to take more time before the release.

For those of you familiar with the concept, he does not use acceptable SMART goals:
  • Specific (simple, sensible, significant).
  • Measurable (meaningful, motivating).
  • Achievable (agreed, attainable).
  • Relevant (reasonable, realistic and resourced, results-based).
  • Time bound (time-based, time limited, time/cost limited, timely, time-sensitive).
Every time he states an estimate on a release he uses none of the above. In terms of holding himself accountable to specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and Time-bound goals -- I agree with you, he is shit and needs to up his game. That would be my complaint and beef with his business acumen. Not missing estimated, uncommitted, wild ass guess release hopes and dreams.

But since he does not and his subscribers do not give him enough reason to, he creates these delays himself instead of attempting to release what he has completed on the date. His subscriber numbers continue to climb, month in and month out. He's the 21st top adult creator on Patreon. The increases stall between updates, but return to climbing when there is one.
View attachment 1747461
Also a second point he states they are on the testing and polishing stage but we know that is an actual straight up lie, so what is the point in that?

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
jbus9

Polishing can mean a lot of things , Judging by what Lostraven says the lines asked for are minor , kind of looks like polishing to me. Not sure if that is considered lie's as polishing and play testing kind of go hand in hand. One things for sure Uber needs a class in project management :(

Reactions: jbus9

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
God I hate smart goals gives me ptsd...

But yeah sure you can argue he doesn't specifically say a date but to state it will be a couple days till release on the 28th of Feb is quite misleading, and the fact there is no communication till the end of March is pretty concerning I think from a paying perspective. Either way I am not too fussed when the update comes but I think dying on the hill of 'no specific date being set' isn't great as he is clearly misleading 'stakeholders' (if you wanna call them that). Its all semantics and most issues are caused by his continuous vague deadlines. He keeps gaining subs because the game is genuinely good its just sad that there is so much shit in-between the updates and that is partly why I haven't felt compelled to be continuously subscribed.

I hope the newest update when it comes is good, as there is a real talent their just I cannot understand the continuous deception - maybe I am seeing things wrongly but something just doesn't feel quite right?
I completely understand your point. I do. But the complaints are misplaced at the wrong point in the timeline. The problem isn't missing deadlines. It's about not setting hard deadlines; it's poor project management. He does communicate regularly through Patreon to his subscribers (every 2-3 weeks) whether near an expected release, or not. Picking out that he only put out those messages about "a couple more days" to keep his numbers up ("from a paying perspective") has no supportable evidence.

I believe he truly believes the posts he puts on Patreon - but then finds things he wants to "make perfect" before it releases (we all have been there - "I can make it better if I only have a few more hours/days/etc" - and then realize we just need to stop and let it go).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Also a second point he states they are on the testing and polishing stage but we know that is an actual straight up lie, so what is the point in that?
The devteam is a team of 3 - Artist/coder, proofreader, writer.

The testing and polishing occurs mostly with Uber and then before releasing the alpha for testing to top tiers, it goes to the writer, Lostraven, for one last play through for Q/A.

In the discord, Lostraven has mentioned anything new he has gotten has mostly been cleanup writing or tweaking scenes since the end of February. One can easily see this is because the testing and polishing of art/coding and proofreading is going on and Uber wants to tweak a few more things. This goes back to setting a SMART goal with a hard date and time so that Uber would have to hold himself more accountable.

Reactions: jbus9 and APoc1

bobofthebush

Jun 9, 2017
Again, there is no evidence that it is a lie. The big issue here is phrase "polishing stage". The problem is that this is where he, probably, still is.

I say that from looking at the evidence to date. Not long after posting this he asks Lostraven for 32 pages of more text to insert. We'll probably never know but there may have been additional artwork as well.

We know from what has been said on discord, and then added here, that there have been subsequent requests of work from Lostraven, so probably more text being added.

the issue appears to be that Uberpie continues to tweak the game in the polishing stage by adding to the story. He's probably been unrealistic with himself, and then everyone, about roughly how long that would take.

in my view that was just a genuine mistake. The income is largely settled, as shown by the graph above, and most of the core backers don't care either way so there is little incentive to outright lie. Any large scale increase in funding follows release, not a post that it may be nearly finished, and there hasn't been any significant increase in backing since his post in Feb.

Its frustrating, for me, as i have gone from never thinking about the game to checking for updates on a regular basis, but that is the sum total of it. I suspect that is true for most people.

3.50 star(s) 351 Votes