Dead Inside

Feb 12, 2019
Can someone help me, please?

I'm stuck at the "Better go find the spare school key and some candles for Sara" quest.
I've already got both items but I can't get past it for some reason. I can only find her during the morning & day time on the classroom and interacting with her doesn't give me any options, it always goes straight to the "It's our lunch break rigth now" line and during the evening she's not there. Can't seem to find her anywhere else regardless of the day or time.

Am I missing something?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022

I'm stuck at the "Better go find the spare school key and some candles for Sara" quest.
I've already got both items but I can't get past it for some reason. I can only find her during the morning & day time on the classroom and interacting with her doesn't give me any options, it always goes straight to the "It's our lunch break rigth now" line and during the evening she's not there. Can't seem to find her anywhere else regardless of the day or time.

Am I missing something?
Yes. You are. I assume you already told her in the class room that you got the stuff by clicking "It's time to talk to Sara." She tells you where to meet her and when.

If you can't clear the "spare school key and some candles" prompt by clicking on the "It's time to talk to Sara" option and you have the candles - you most likely don't have the correct key. Click on your inventory, mouse over the key and see what the description says.

YouTube is your friend.
These are old quests -- searching the web for videos using the following words
  • spare candle sara taffy tales
It's either the first or second video listed in the results

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018

Am I missing something?
Yes. You are. I assume you already told her in the class room that you got the stuff by clicking "It's time to talk to Sara." She tells you where to meet her and when.

If you can't clear the "spare school key and some candles" prompt by clicking on the "It's time to talk to Sara" option and you have the candles - you most likely don't have the correct key. Click on your inventory, mouse over the key and see what the description say.
If you have done what Count Morado said above are you sure she is not outside the school in the evening waiting for you?

jawz

Jul 9, 2020
I got a question about NTR, hoping someone can answer.

NTR is when someone steals your (the main character's) girl. Isn't there another type of NTR when you steal someone else's girl?

So is the general consensus here (and the entire site I suppose) that the first NTR is bad, and the second NTR is good? Or both NTR is bad?

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018

NTR is when someone steals your (the main character's) girl. Isn't there another type of NTR when you steal someone else's girl?

So is the general consensus here (and the entire site I suppose) that the first NTR is bad, and the second NTR is good? Or both NTR is bad?

Who knows what is good or bad its a personnel preference. As far as the site , Take a poll , no one really knows because a lot of folks can't agree on the definitions.

(APoc1 , braces for impact)

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022

There are 100s of threads on F95 discussing this, a conversation discussing it here would be off-topic and would bring the mods in with the force of 1000 suns.

Reactions: APoc1

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018

According to this site's rules Netori (the second type, where you cuck someone else) doesn't count as NTR for tagging purposes, only Netorare (the first type where someone else cucks you) is a valid use for the NTR tags, because nobody minds stealing other peoples LI's.
It's like how slavery is OK as long as you are the slave owner, it sucks to be the slave.

jawz

Jul 9, 2020
There are 100s of threads on F95 discussing this, a conversation discussing it here would be off-topic and would bring the mods in with the force of 1000 suns.
Yea my bad. I wanted to bring it up in relation to this game, because there's so many complaints about it, even though we have yet to see any actual scenes of the first kind of NTR.

According to this site's rules Netori (the second type, where you cuck someone else) doesn't count as NTR for tagging purposes, only Netorare (the first type where someone else cucks you) is a valid use for the NTR tags, because nobody minds stealing other peoples LI's.
It's like how slavery is OK as long as you are the slave owner, it sucks to be the slave.
Good to know, thanks.

Anyway, I'll stop there on that topic.

Dead Inside

Feb 12, 2019

If you can't clear the "spare school key and some candles" prompt by clicking on the "It's time to talk to Sara" option and you have the candles - you most likely don't have the correct key. Click on your inventory, mouse over the key and see what the description says.

YouTube is your friend.
These are old quests -- searching the web for videos using the following words
  • spare candle sara taffy tales
It's either the first or second video listed in the results
After I've picked up the spare key on the Principal Office and the candles at MC's house, I came back to deliever the item to Sara but she wasn't there. For the following days I've tried to deliever the items but the game won't give me the "It's time to talk to Sara" option regardless of day/time and I am 100% sure that I've got the right items.
I've also tried searching for a solution but on the videos I've seen this quest works just fine while for me, it doesn't.

If you have done what Count Morado said above are you sure she is not outside the school in the evening waiting for you?
Nope, she's not there.
Worth to mention that after reaching this problem, I've decided to just keep on playing the other quests and now both the candles and the key are gone from my inventory (???).
So... fuck.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
After I've picked up the spare key on the Principal Office and the candles at MC's house, I came back to deliever the item to Sara but she wasn't there. For the following days I've tried to deliever the items but the game won't give me the "It's time to talk to Sara" option regardless of day/time and I am 100% sure that I've got the right items.
I've also tried searching for a solution but on the videos I've seen this quest works just fine while for me, it doesn't.

Nope, she's not there.
Worth to mention that after reaching this problem, I've decided to just keep on playing the other quests and now both the candles and the key are gone from my inventory (???).
So... fuck.
So, you've done something that UberPie didn't code for - didn't expect.

First, you should be using the latest version v0.82.4b.
Second, you shouldn't add anything to the game. No unlockers, no nothing.
Third, hopefully you're saving early and often - because you'll want to go back to a previous save. Perhaps before getting the key and the candles and work on other quests before coming back to that one.

QUESTION: Did you ever enter the store prior to proceeding down this questline with Sara? It doesn't affect this quest directly, but I'm seeing a possible pattern, if you haven't done so.

Dead Inside

Feb 12, 2019
So, you've done something that UberPie didn't code for - didn't expect.

First, you should be using the latest version v0.82.4b.
Second, you shouldn't add anything to the game. No unlockers, no nothing.
Third, hopefully you're saving early and often - because you'll want to go back to a previous save. Perhaps before getting the key and the candles and work on other quests before coming back to that one.

QUESTION: Did you ever enter the store prior to proceeding down this questline with Sara? It doesn't affect this quest directly, but I'm seeing a possible pattern, if you haven't done so.
When I started the quest, I was using the v0.82.4a. I am using the v0.82.4b now but the issue persists. That's not a problem... right?
No, I don't like to add any kind of mod/unlocker exactly to avoid this kind of situation.
About the saves... Well, I had multiple saves but I've made a mistake and accidentally overwritten the only save I had prior said quest... (Yes, I am a idiot.)

As for your question, I did enter the store while proceeding with that quest.
Guess I've fucked up, huh?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
When I started the quest, I was using the v0.84.4a. I am using the v0.84.4b now but the problem persists. That's not a problem... right?
No, I don't like to add any kind of mod/unlocker exactly to avoid this kind of situation.
About the saves... Well, I had multiple saves but I've made a mistake and accidentally overwritten the only save I had prior said quest... (Yes, I am a idiot.)

As for your question, I did enter the store while proceeding with that quest.
Guess I've fucked up, huh?
I don't know ... possibly. When you entered the store - did you see the cut scene of Darnell and Natalie or some other cut scene?

I would start from the beginning - yes - and you can skip through dialogue you've already read. I played this update to 100% completion (over 150 days) in under 12 hours (I think 8) ... so it can cut your time a lot.

As soon as the store is available to enter - I wouldn't wait. I think it opens after a conversation with Mary out on the sidewalk in front of your house?

Dead Inside

Feb 12, 2019
I don't know ... possibly. When you entered the store - did you see the cut scene of Darnell and Natalie or some other cut scene?

I would start from the beginning - yes - and you can skip through dialogue you've already read. I played this update to 100% completion (over 150 days) in under 12 hours (I think 8) ... so it can cut your time a lot.

As soon as the store is available to enter - I wouldn't wait. I think it opens after a conversation with Mary out on the sidewalk in front of your house?
No cut scenes or anything like that. Like you said, as soon as the shop became avaliable, I went there.

I guess my only option is to start all over again. Shame. I was hoping to avoid that since I've made some good progress on the other quests but if that's what I've gotta do...

Anyways, thank you and APoc1 for the help!

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
No cut scenes or anything like that. Like you said, as soon as the shop became avaliable, I went there.

I guess my only option is to start all over again. Shame. I was hoping to avoid that since I've made some good progress on the other quests but if that's what I've gotta do...

Anyways, thank you and APoc1 for the help!
If you saw NO cutscene with Darnell and Natalie - was it because you picked up the scale for Mary or the printer chip for the Clara quest? If you went inside the store the first time - for anything - it triggers one of several cut scenes. But, if you get any other but the Darnell and Natalie one, you've advanced too far in a different quest and need to go back to a previous save until you can enter the store with the Darnell and Natalie cutscene.

Dead Inside

Feb 12, 2019
If you saw NO cutscene with Darnell and Natalie - was it because you picked up the scale for Mary or the printer chip for the Clara quest? If you went inside the store the first time - for anything - it triggers one of several cut scenes. But, if you get any other but the Darnell and Natalie one, you've advanced too far in a different quest and need to go back to a previous save.
I already had seen the Natalie & Darnell cutscene and completed both quests you mentioned before starting this one with Sara. As far as I know, none of the active quests had anything related with the shop.

3.50 star(s) 351 Votes