mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Your twisting of the words is not correct. It may be your opinion, but you are wrong. Some variant of "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" has been in print for over 250 years and made by far more insightful individuals than any we'd find on this thread.
I am well aware that it has been in print for hundreds of years. I am not "twisting" the words.
I am explicitly, openly, and upfront stated that the age old idiom is wrong.
It is an idiom pushed by politicians to fool the gullible.

I was very explicit in my post that "corrected" was referring to "this is correct according to reality" and not "this is what the age old idiom states"
I don't know how I Could possibly make it any more clear

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
  1. I am well aware that it has been in print for hundreds of years.
  2. I am not "twisting" the words.
  3. I am explicitly, openly, and upfront stated that the age old idiom is wrong.
  4. It is an idiom invented by politicians to fool the gullible.

5. I was very explicit in my post that "corrected" was referring to "this is correct according to reality" and not "this is what the age old idiom states"
    I don't know how I Could possibly make it any more clear
To help you out, I've numbered your arguments and put my responses in same order so that you can follow along. I don't think you mean any harm by what you are saying but you showing your hand about your world view and how you interact with others.
  1. You seem to be mistaken about what I was saying. I was refuting your first two sentences with my first two sentences. I added the third sentence to further refute your position because "PR" (Public Relations) is a term coined in the past 140 years, but the idiom - or some form of it, has been around for over 250.
  2. And yes, you twisted the words in the rearrangement of the idiom to promote your own world view.
  3. The idiom is not wrong. You are the one who is incorrect or mistaken or misguided. You haven't shown how it is wrong, you haven't shown how you are correct. You are the one making the argument it is wrong. - as well as the idea that UberPie is intentionally monetizing by breaking "savegame compatibility every single update". You have presented nothing to support your belief.
  4. You threw out PR, now politicians, as the "inventors" of the phrase. Both of those positions are incorrect. The oldest variant is attributed to Goethe, who was a scientist and author.

5. You keep putting forth your opinion as fact, but your opinion is still only that - particularly when you do not have any evidence, data or the like to support your opinion, except for you continuing to reiterate that you think you are right.
Again, this is a product in development and no one can expect a project in development to work as it will be intended in its final iteration. This includes bugs, saves which may not be compatible, as well as other situations which may arise in a product that is not completed. You get the opportunity to play it while it is in development. You can choose to wait until it is completed. You choose not to. Any experiences you have with the product prior to completion are because of your choice.

EDIT: At some point there will be a moderator who will wipe out this entire exchange because it's completely off-topic against General Rules #1, #11.

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Does anyone know how to talk to officer swan, and unlock the mall
Almost every question you have about Taffy Tales gameplay can be found either searching this thread (see #1 in my FAQ below) or on YouTube (see #7)
Using the search box in the upper right corner of this thread to find: Swan
takes you to the answer here
As for unlocking the mall - keep playing through the quests. You will get the mall unlocked after tailing Darnell.
How can I buy the special software for the gerda route?

Many thanks for the answer
Almost every question you have about Taffy Tales gameplay can be found either searching this thread (see #1 in my FAQ below) or on YouTube (see #7)
Using the search box in the upper right corner of this thread to find: software
takes you to the answer here
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
as well as the idea that UberPie is intentionally monetizing by breaking "savegame compatibility every single update". You have presented nothing to support your belief.
facepalm. I have literally, repeatedly, over and over again, explained to you that it does not matter.
It does not matter whether or not he is intentionally breaking save compatibility, or breaking it due to incompetence.

He is monetizing a solution to the problem he created.
Whether the problem was created intentionally or due to incompetence is irrelevant.

I have not provided proof to my belief he did it intentionally.
You have not provided proof that he does it through incompetence.
Neither of us provided proof.

There is nothing to show. Neither of us possess a mind reading machine we can place uberpie in and then provide a transcript of it showing proof that it is one or the other.

Since neither position is provable, I have tried to move the argument away from it from the very moment you brought up the possibility that he is doing it from incompetence rather than intentionally. Pointing out that it does not matter which belief is right. the end result is the same. "create a problem, sell a solution". whether create a problem is an accident or intentional is irrelevant.
Again, this is a product in development and no one can expect a project in development to work as it will be intended in its final iteration
Complete and utter sophistry and bullshit.
99%+ of early access games manage to not delete your save every time they are updated.
And it is in fact the greatest and most fundamental of all expectations one can make from an early access game

• Angry
Reactions: ashkid233

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Complete and utter sophistry and bullshit.
99%+ of early access games manage to not delete your save every time they are updated.
And it is in fact the greatest and most fundamental of all expectations one can make from an early access game
Again, you state numbers and opinions which you have no data to support your belief and yet you call sophistry on my comments.

• Red Heart

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Again, you state numbers and opinions which you have no data to support your belief and yet you call sophistry on my comments.
Very well, allow me to provide proof. (something you will never do)

According to my F95 games directory I am playing 289 games downloaded from F95. I have tried some more which I deleted the folder of after downloading.

Of those 289 games, 1 of which breaks the save game every single version.
taffy tales = 6 releases in last 2 years all had this issue. Moreover there is not even an attempt to import them, we are flat out told it is incompatible. I had tried transplanting them before, it detected them as old saves and refused to try to load them.

4 games of 289 break saves frequently enough for me to complain about in my review. But not every single update.
wizards adventure
witch hunter
haremon
witch hunter trainer

1 out of 289 = 0.34%
that means 99.66% of games manage to not break your save every time (actually even higher than that, due to the deleted games).
As 99.66% is indeed greater than 99% my claim that 99%+ of games manage to not delete your save every single time is correct.

Thus your claim that early access games cannot be expected to, as a matter of policy, not delete your save files every single update. Is the height of sophistry. As 99.66% of games do not do it.
Note that the 1.24% of games that have frequent enough save breaking that I complain differ in that they at least make the attempt to import your save between versions. And often even do so successfully. They just have a failure rate high enough to have bothered me in their attempt at importing old saves.

Last edited:

kmh765

Sep 14, 2020
Stuck in the bathroom, while looking for Becca and Clara, no option to get out, any method of forcing me back to the school hallway?

ashkid233

May 15, 2022
Very well, allow me to provide proof. (something you will never do)

According to my F95 games directory I am playing 289 games downloaded from F95. I have tried some more which I deleted the folder of after downloading.

Of those 289 games, 1 of which breaks the save game every single version.
taffy tales = 6 releases in last 2 years all had this issue. Moreover there is not even an attempt to import them, we are flat out told it is incompatible. I had tried transplanting them before, it detected them as old saves and refused to try to load them.

4 games of 289 break saves frequently enough for me to complain about in my review. But not every single update.
wizards adventure
witch hunter
haremon
witch hunter trainer

1 out of 289 = 0.34%
that means 99.66% of games manage to not break your save every time (actually even higher than that, due to the deleted games).
As 99.66% is indeed greater than 99% my claim that 99%+ of games manage to not delete your save every single time is correct.

Thus, your claim that early access games cannot be expected to, as a matter of policy, delete your save files every single update. Is the height of sophistry. As 99.66% of games do not do it.
Note that the 1.24% of games that have frequent enough save breaking that I complain differ in that they at least make the attempt to import your save between versions. And often even do so successfully. They just have a failure rate high enough to have bothered me in their attempt at importing old saves.
Agreed, but Uber is working on a alternative solution for it by giving us the option to start from the new content.

Reactions: mrttao
Feb 24, 2019
Mary told me to go to her room and get her something. My notes tells me “I’ve got time to snoop about” I go to her room right after that and her room is lock. I try looking for a key everywhere but I can’t find one. How do I get in her room?

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Mary told me to go to her room and get her something. My notes tells me “I’ve got time to snoop about” I go to her room right after that and her room is lock. I try looking for a key everywhere but I can’t find one. How do I get in her room?
Are you playing v0.85.1a?
if not that is probably your problem. there has been a bug that deletes key items from your inventory for a few versions now

Byzantine

May 29, 2017
if i remember correctly its on ground floor of the house under the table

Byzantine

May 29, 2017
Stuck in the bathroom, while looking for Becca and Clara, no option to get out, any method of forcing me back to the school hallway?
Shouldn't there a button that says go back to the locker room on the bottom of the screen? If its not there press the map button on the top of the screen, its next to the notes and inventory button

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Thus your claim that early access games cannot be expected to, as a matter of policy, not delete your save files every single update. Is the height of sophistry. As 99.66% of games do not do it.
Thank you for your research. Interesting - it appears in your experience of your hand-chosen titles, even though not supplying your list of 289 games researched, that over 99% of your list don't have continuous problems with saves not being compatible over updates.

It is interesting to note that Steam actually makes a point of telling developers to be upfront about expectations during early access offerings on their site, including: "if you know your updates during Early Access will break save files, make sure you tell players up front." And it appears to be source of conversation between players over there, as well - including the mentioning of finished games which have save compatibility issues after patches, etc ( ).

That stated, I never said that "early access games cannot be expected to, as a matter of policy, not delete your save files every single update."

I stated "this is a product in development and no one can expect a project in development to work as it will be intended in its final iteration. This includes bugs, saves which may not be compatible, as well as other situations which may arise in a product that is not completed. You get the opportunity to play it while it is in development. You can choose to wait until it is completed. You choose not to. Any experiences you have with the product prior to completion are because of your choice."

3.50 star(s) 351 Votes