Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
how to gget the mall ?
What day are you on, because you can unlock the mall the first Friday of the first week. Talk to Mary on the sidewalk outside your house immediately after you click on her in the front hallway of the house to clear the quest "Whose Mary talking to on the phone?"

Always walk outside of buildings before using the map to fast travel. You'll miss things, otherwise.

Reactions: APoc1

talosparoxi

Jul 2, 2020
Don't know if anyone has reported these bugs yet but...

In the section where Clara takes Becca to the storage room for further training and you first meet "Toy" if you enter walters office again after immediately after getting the key you get soft locked as the option to leave his office doesn't appear at the bottom of the screen and you can't access the map.

If you interact with violets pc again after already doing her questline it starts up the line for getting the drugs again. As far as I can tell it doesn't effect where you are in violets questline for any other event detectors, but it does force you to go through the whole questline again

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022

In the section where Clara takes Becca to the storage room for further training and you first meet "Toy" if you enter walters office again after immediately after getting the key you get soft locked as the option to leave his office doesn't appear at the bottom of the screen and you can't access the map.

If you interact with violets pc again after already doing her questline it starts up the line for getting the drugs again. The quests only continue up to the point of getting the drugs again from Walter. As far as I can tell it doesn't effect where you are in violets questline itself but it is kind of annoying.
Reporting bugs here does nothing because the developer, Uberpie, hasn't communicated in this thread for four years (hasn't logged into F95 in 5 months). You should go to their to the #bug-reports channel.

As for your bugs:
  • It has been reported (in here and on the discord) that when a user doesn't do what they are supposed to do after getting the key to the storage room from the mini-game with the Toy, it can cause a bug. I don't think the developer ever thought people wouldn't try to complete the quest that they were working on before doing something else. Hopefully it is either fixed in v0.89.8c or in the next update.
  • I don't think your second bug has been reported. You should go to the to share it (with screenshots and/or video recording of the gameplay to assist the developer).

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018

If you interact with violets pc again after already doing her questline it starts up the line for getting the drugs again. The quests only continue up to the point of getting the drugs again from Walter. As far as I can tell it doesn't effect where you are in violets questline itself but it is kind of annoying.
I had this happen once right after Violet was introduced in the game , I kind of did it to see if I could and the same thing happened. It was hard to say at the time if it affected anything else there was very little content after that in that update. Only thing I noticed is the option to booty call Gerda disappeared and there were two options to booty call Violet after that.

As of the next update the option to booty call Gerda was not avaailable after the second time doing that quest, not sure if that was a bug as that condition continues to this day...

Count Morado I never mentioned it at the time being we were all not really collaborating then iirc...

Reactions: Count Morado

dzenpie

Jul 24, 2021
Yes, that's Tiffany's room, and no, you can't enter, not until you progress far enough in the main story.
i cant roam in any other places, im stuck. the mission says i have to investigate her room. or should i roam first. before doing the main quests?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
i cant roam in any other places, im stuck. the mission says i have to investigate her room. or should i roam first. before doing the main quests?
Screenshot of your full game screen while showing your task list open, please.

You can also decide to follow a video of the walkthrough of that section of the game by using link in #8 below:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018

You have to speak with Mary before you can enter Tiffany's room. There is dialog saying "I should get Mary on my side" guessing you skipped the dialog basically you can't do anything else until you get Mary and then investigate the room.

dzenpie

Jul 24, 2021
You have to speak with Mary before you can enter Tiffany's room. There is dialog saying "I should get Mary on my side" guessing you skipped the dialog basically you can't do anything else until you get Mary and then investigate the room.
i already did this countless times and even reinstalled it. i went to mary's room talked to her. then after some dialog. and after that is to investigate tiffany's room. but sadly, i couldnt enter. ill post a video like count morado said.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
i already did this countless times and even reinstalled it. i went to mary's room talked to her. then after some dialog. and after that is to investigate tiffany's room. but sadly, i couldnt enter. ill post a video like count morado said.

I see , well not sure what to tell you then this game has random bugs that appear for some maybe only a very few and then others have bugs in other places. The only other thing I can say is to wipe the Taffy tales save data from the registry and re install the game and see if that helps. I have to warn you though if you don't know what you are doing in the registry you can brick your rig. So unless you are exp with regedit I don't recommend this course of action. Sorry I can't be of more help to you , good luck.

Not directed at you but I feel this game as it goes on becomes more and more unstable for many users. It is getting harder and harder for me to find fault with the users although in many cases the PEBKAC is the cause. Just getting hard to believe that is the only cause... :unsure:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
You say you reinstalled it - but that doesn't wipe the data within your Windows Registry. If you are actually having this kind of problem multiple times after reinstalling AND you're following either the video walkthrough from YouTube or from my post #25,503 AND you have an up-to-date Windows 10 or 11 computer with all drivers up-to-date. Then I would think there is an error in the game information in your Windows Registry at "Computer\HKEY_USERS\XXXXXXXXXXXXXX\Software\UberPie" ("XXXXXXXXXXXX" is random) - and if you know what you are doing - you could edit it. If you don't know what you are doing, you should be very careful.

Reactions: APoc1

dzenpie

Jul 24, 2021
Screenshot of your full game screen while showing your task list open, please.

You can also decide to follow a video of the walkthrough of that section of the game by using link in #8 below:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
watch this idk whats the problem, or im the problem :KEK:

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I assume what happened just before this video was that you had just finished talking with Mary?

See my post directly above yours - I bet your problem is in your windows registry.

dzenpie

Jul 24, 2021
I assume what happened just before this video was that you had just finished talking with Mary?

See my post directly above yours - I bet your problem is in your windows registry.
i managed to fix, i did nothing. i didnt do anything in my registry
all i did was to reinstall the game load my saves im confused :KEK:, but then when i tried to load back to where before i investigated tiffany's room. it broke again even the save that i loaded got stuck again same result with the video that i had sent, but good thing i managed to save my progress. :KEK:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
i managed to fix, i did nothing. i didnt do anything in my registry
all i did was to reinstall the game load my saves im confused :KEK:, but then when i tried to load back to where before i investigated tiffany's room. it broke again even the save that i loaded got stuck again same result with the video that i had sent, but good thing i managed to save my progress. :KEK:
Well, I'm glad you got it fixed - but there's no saves to load. There are files in AppData\LocalLow\UberPie\TaffyTales - but those are just image files to display for the save slots ... not saves, themselves. All save information is written to the Windows Registry.

dzenpie

Jul 24, 2021
Well, I'm glad you got it fixed - but there's no saves to load. There are files in AppData\LocalLow\UberPie\TaffyTales - but those are just image files to display for the save slots ... not saves, themselves. All save information is written to the Windows Registry.
do you have the new 12 animations?. could you give me your saves? :KEK:

3.50 star(s) 350 Votes