pr83

May 5, 2017
Been eyeing this and Summertime Saga for a while now and I finally broke my rule of not trying in dev games and gavee SS a try. Now I've moved onto this and I've a few questions before I fully delve into it. Would appreciate if any longtime fan of follower can answer them. Here goes:

1. This is more of a question towards the dev but why exactly Unity instead of renpy? Are the things they want to do not possible in renpy? I ask because this game is a VN with some gameplay at the end of the day and I like my VNs set to auto mode instead of mindless button pressing when in dialogue mode. Renpy provides that option out of the box but Unity doesn't. On top of that there are no options to bind keys for dialogue progressing. By default only space, enter and left mouse button works which are very inconvenient for me. So this feels like a massive negative for me.
2. The other question is who is the artist? Is it Uberpie themself? The art looks as if someone tried to mimic Incase but then forgot and tried to mimic someone else. This is not meant to be a criticism, I'm just curious.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Been eyeing this and Summertime Saga for a while now and I finally broke my rule of not trying in dev games and gavee SS a try. Now I've moved onto this and I've a few questions before I fully delve into it. Would appreciate if any longtime fan of follower can answer them. Here goes:

1. This is more of a question towards the dev but why exactly Unity instead of renpy? Are the things they want to do not possible in renpy? I ask because this game is a VN with some gameplay at the end of the day and I like my VNs set to auto mode instead of mindless button pressing when in dialogue mode. Renpy provides that option out of the box but Unity doesn't. On top of that there are no options to bind keys for dialogue progressing. By default only space, enter and left mouse button works which are very inconvenient for me. So this feels like a massive negative for me.
2. The other question is who is the artist? Is it Uberpie themself? The art looks as if someone tried to mimic Incase but then forgot and tried to mimic someone else. This is not meant to be a criticism, I'm just curious.
  1. The Dev doesn't live here (He's not been here in a long time), you should try his Discord. but he is trying to work Sandbox aspects into the game (and has always had multple branches planned for the game).
  2. I'm pretty sure Uberpie is primarily the Artist (LostRaven is/was the Writer, and he has had a bunch of coders over the years)
Not sure why you wanted a long term player to answer you questions, they seemed mostly aimed at the Dev team, like I said in #1 his is the best place for these questions, it's public so no barrier there.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
OK, I have to ask, are there any things that are time sensitive? I've looked at maybe 10 different 'walkthroughs' and none seem to be of help as they either seem to gloss over a lot of the content (maybe that's deliberate) or have things I'm being asked to do (that I can't find....like how to spy on Darnell all the time?). Is the day's schedule important? It seems that certain actions move the day to the evening and you end up skipping most of the day, like going out to the track when it says 'DAY' and doing one thing there (like telling her she has a cute ass) moves to to evening right away.
I see the Walkthrough shown above but even that doesn't seem to really be a help.......and yes, I may be complaining, but it's so frustrating when there seems to be s many differing Walkthroughs (check Mejoress one vs any of the video ones on Youtube)
Nothing is time sensitive, many quests need to be done in a specific sequence though. look on youtube for walkthroughs, there are several there, just use google with "Taffy Tales" then the exact phrase for the quest you are looking up and you'll find them with ease.
There are atleast 2 diligent Tubers there who time stamp every quest.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
You don't need any walkthrough except the game's built-in hint system. It literally tells you what to do next, when to do it and how to do it. Every fucking time.

Since the game literally forces you the next step you have to make in order to move on with the story, I'm honestly baffled whenever a dude/dudette/non-binary person comes here and writes that he/she/it is stuck.
You don't know anything.

1. This game is consistently buggy. Every time it is updated there is a different spot where it tends to get softlocked due to tracking bugs. I have literally never been able to play it to 100% without getting softlocked. And those were in fact bugs because dev confirmed and fixed them... before introducing new ones in the next content update
2. The latest version rebuilt the walkthrough to FINALLY tell you the time. before it it never told you when.
3. While it finally tells you the time, it does not tell you where and what. Many times it will say stuff like "where is mary?"
4. there are often easily missed clickables. such as having to find a post it note and click it. which combine horribly with point number 3.

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Since the game literally forces you the next step you have to make in order to move on with the story, I'm honestly baffled whenever a dude/dudette/non-binary person comes here and writes that he/she/it is stuck.
clap.gif
the password for tiffany's box is 063
It's 0-6-3-10 (the final key is the "10" key - not an enter key - and is the reason why the code has five slots instead of just 3). Anyway, the passcode is posted in the OP as it has been for a couple of months. Or people could just use the cheat code listed in the OP to skip minigames like enter the passcode.

BrytiPlays

Dec 27, 2019
So I've looked at the walkthrough videos, searched extensively, and I'm still stuck

Got the Task 'I should check on Gerda': She is in the pool day and evening with three dialogue options that do nothing, she is in the store morning day and evening to flash you, my strength is maxed out.

Plz help

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
So I've looked at the walkthrough videos, searched extensively, and I'm still stuck

Got the Task 'I should check on Gerda': She is in the pool day and evening with three dialogue options that do nothing, she is in the store morning day and evening to flash you, my strength is maxed out.

Plz help
Screenshot of screen showing the task and percent complete please. thank you.

EDIT: NEVERMIND -- there are two quests with "I should check in on Gerda"... one is in the bar while you are out with Harry and Gerda - so you should just follow her and its obvious where you need to go. The second is the next day and she is standing in her yard with a huge hangover. I searched "I should check in on Gerda" on google for videos ---

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Update: I needed to click on the back area of the Bar, thanks though!
I also recommend having this walkthrough bookmarked for any questions you may have with your playthrough: #8 in the 47th posting of my FAQ since this spring #26,176 -- you are currently on video 6 of the playlist.

pr83

May 5, 2017
The changelog/splash screen mentions animations? What animations exactly? Lip animation during talking? Cause I haven't seen any of the h events animated, they've all been static CGs so far.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
The changelog/splash screen mentions animations? What animations exactly? Lip animation during talking? Cause I haven't seen any of the h events animated, they've all been static CGs so far.
Just keep playing. You'll see them. They came in later updates - there weren't animations in the early part of the game. I want to say they were added starting about v0.68.2. In the latest update, the new animations in the new content are video files.

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
Nothing is time sensitive, many quests need to be done in a specific sequence though. look on youtube for walkthroughs, there are several there, just use google with "Taffy Tales" then the exact phrase for the quest you are looking up and you'll find them with ease.
There are atleast 2 diligent Tubers there who time stamp every quest.
as I said, I've looked in Youtube for walkthrough, one was two years old, all the others I've found are either incomplete (only from later in the game) or just don't seem to cover the things that are coming up in the task lists. The whole 'spy on darnell' thing is weird as he just slapped me on the back for something I did (perving on someone running I think) but he still hates me and I have in the dail list to still spy on him...though I have no idea where to go spy on him.
I think the problem with the Youtube videos which are timestamped only work if you've followed precisely what they say...if you decide to have a look at some thing outside that timeframe then the timestamps mean nothing.

Once I've started playing is there a good way to earn money - I have tasks which need money and I only seen a cheat from the start of the game. Somewhere something said about day 9 (my next day), so maybe I should just push through to that...whilst using the binoculars to their best.....

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
as I said, I've looked in Youtube for walkthrough, one was two years old, all the others I've found are either incomplete (only from later in the game) or just don't seem to cover the things that are coming up in the task lists. The whole 'spy on darnell' thing is weird as he just slapped me on the back for something I did (perving on someone running I think) but he still hates me and I have in the dail list to still spy on him...though I have no idea where to go spy on him.
I think the problem with the Youtube videos which are timestamped only work if you've followed precisely what they say...if you decide to have a look at some thing outside that timeframe then the timestamps mean nothing.

Once I've started playing is there a good way to earn money - I have tasks which need money and I only seen a cheat from the start of the game. Somewhere something said about day 9 (my next day), so maybe I should just push through to that...whilst using the binoculars to their best.....
YouTube Playlist of walkthrough since v0.85.1 came out at the start of summer - is updated to including the latest version: #8 in the 47th posting of my FAQ since this spring #26,176

Also, if you haven't even started earning money yet ... you should start to have patience. You have a LONG way to go in the story. You need to advance Clara and Sara's storylines so that you are offered the specimen jar. After that, you can make bank.

EDIT: if you actually need help with the darnell task - please share a screenshot of showing your task list and percent complete
I used google to search for spy darnell taffy tales and both video playlists Stil996 alluded to popped up with the answer:

Here's the video at the timestamp for that task:

Last edited:

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
YouTube Playlist of walkthrough since v0.85.1 came out at the start of summer - is updated to including the latest version: #8 in the 47th posting of my FAQ since this spring #26,176

Also, if you haven't even started earning money yet ... you should start to have patience. You have a LONG way to go in the story. You need to advance Clara and Sara's storylines so that you are offered the specimen jar. After that, you can make bank.

EDIT: if you actually need help with the darnell task - please share a screenshot of showing your task list and percent complete
I used google to search for spy darnell taffy tales and both video playlists Stil996 alluded to popped up with the answer:

Here's the video at the timestamp for that task:
again, not much use...it says 'part3' so when is that in the game? how many days in are we talking?
On second thoughts, don't bother I'll just plod through it, you're obviously getting upset with my question's (....'you should have patience'....).

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018

again, not much use...it says 'part3' so when is that in the game? how many days in are we talking?
On second thoughts, don't bother I'll just plod through it, you're obviously getting upset with my question's (....'you should have patience'....).
Many of the story have weird continuity errors, thats the game not the walkthroughs

Days don't mean shit in this game, go to sleep for 100 days and nothing changes in the story,
what matters is the quest sequence, almost all of them need to be done in a specific order, that why even the older youtube walkthroughs are still valid (the only real change is some extra story at the beginning).

google
"Taffy Tales [exact text that shows in your quest log]"​
and the odds are you will see the same quest you are stuck on

Do this for the quest you just completed if you are stuck on an empty quest log and see what the youtuber did next.
simple!

PS. money is earned the same way as always it just takes longer to get to it.

Reactions: mrttao

kurumi24567

Jun 25, 2021
I have completed this version of the game with 100% opened scene but CG#1495 to #1504 are still locked. How can I get them unlocked?

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
I have completed this version of the game with 100% opened scene but CG#1495 to #1504 are still locked. How can I get them unlocked?
Guessing those might be alternate scenes for your first Becca fuck, Gentle missionary vs Rough Doggy, and there are Shaven & unshaven variants.

Scratch that those are Violets pimping scenes
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Part 3 out of 18 videos of the playlist I have shown you where to find the link for the full playlist: #8 in the 47th posting of my FAQ since this spring #26,176. If you watch a little of the video - it shows you what day the player is on ( ).

I am not getting upset with your questions. What I am trying to understand is that two people have done more work attempting to help you play your version of Taffy Tales than it appears you have taken to read and heed that help.

You have opened 2-5% of the scenes in Taffy Tales. That is why I stated you need to have patience.

I recommend having that video playlist handy while you play - and to follow it along - while there are some tasks that can be done in slightly different order than the video - all the task storylines for each of the characters overlap and so you cannot have much of a customized playthrough as you might think. In order to complete Becca's storyline, you will need to work on her mother Sara's storyline, and Clara's and Mary's and Danny's and Gerda's and Harry's and Priscilla's and Darnell's etc etc etc. The storylines intertwine. Since they intertwine, there is a limited number of different paths. If you are having problems with playthrough at 5%, again, I recommend using that video playlist as your guide. It's going to save you a lot of headache and a lot of time waiting for help here.

Guessing those might be alternate scenes for your first Becca fuck, Gentle missionary vs Rough Doggy, and there are Shaven & unshaven variants.

Scratch that those are Violets pimping scenes
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's almost as if when you skip optional scenes, you don't get to see the CG in the gallery. What's up with that? :Kappa:

3.50 star(s) 350 Votes