Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
If you're going to tell someone to use the search function, your advice is literally worthless unless you tell them they can set the search function to sort by dates in the settings. The search function is essentially useless without that.
See #1 of the 67th posting of my FAQ for this game since 6 May 2022 (at the bottom of this post)
C:\Users\User\AppData\LocalLow\UberPie
Nope. Those aren't save files.
Guys I moved my windows to a new SSD, where can I find the save game on the old drive I was using?
See #4 of my FAQ below. The PNGs are just images you see in the save slots in the game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DeminPatyon

Jun 29, 2020
See #1 of the 67th posting of my FAQ for this game since 6 May 2022 (at the bottom of this post)

Nope. Those aren't save files.

See #4 of my FAQ below. The PNGs are just images you see in the save slots in the game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I never actually move save before and i thoght all Unity save are in the same place MB

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I never actually move save before and i thoght all Unity save are in the same place MB
No problem - Uberpie has never created an actual save location up to the current version, choosing throughout development to simply use the Unity default PlayerPrefs written to the registry.

Reactions: DeminPatyon

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
It's not a unity thing. This is the only game I played that did this and I played a bunch of unity games.
Yes Dude it is a Unity thing
I think it is "best practice" to create a "proper" save location/method, but perhaps Uber failed the "best practice" portion of his education or simply disagrees with that particular standard.

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
Yes Dude it is a Unity thing
I think it is "best practice" to create a "proper" save location/method, but perhaps Uber failed the "best practice" portion of his education or simply disagrees with that particular standard.
Guess I haven't played enough badly programmed unity games then.

Reactions: Bu15Sedro

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Guess I haven't played enough badly programmed unity games then.
Keep looking, most games Unity or otherwise have failures in best practice, but I imagine this is a rare situation because the vast majority of people learned first on a language other than Unity (which didn't have default saves to registry), and carried on that practice when they started with Unity (it does make more sense after all).

You just have to remember many of the Devs here were amateurs/hobbyists before attempting to develop extra income from developing games, I think Uber was one of them, learning as he went by trial and error, To learn best practice you really need a mentor to proofread your work and kick your ass when you start to take shortcuts.

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
Keep looking, most games Unity or otherwise have failures in best practice, but I imagine this is a rare situation because the vast majority of people learned first on a language other than Unity (which didn't have default saves to registry), and carried on that practice when they started with Unity (it does make more sense after all).

You just have to remember many of the Devs here were amateurs/hobbyists before attempting to develop extra income from developing games, I think Uber was one of them, learning as he went by trial and error, To learn best practice you really need a mentor to proofread your work and kick your ass when you start to take shortcuts.
I get that. I can excuse a lot with games like these, because most devs are amateurs. I feel in all these years now, he should have reworked the save system by now. But that's another topic.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
I get that. I can excuse a lot with games like these, because most devs are amateurs. I feel in all these years now, he should have reworked the save system by now. But that's another topic.
All these years? How many more years would have taken for Uber to revise and correct the save system? I think he is first and foremost an artist, he has always struggled with code and strictly speaking he can be excused for not seeing it needed something better, it's a VN (it's delusions of being a sandbox not withstanding), the number of variables it needs to track are negligible, I agree it would be better reworked (which could potentially fix several of the persistent bugs), but on balance between the amount of time it would have taken for him to actually do the work and the amount of time it takes to do a workaround is significant (another reason you need a mentor, he'd have spotted earlier the false economy of workarounds vs doing the job right in the first place).

But AFAIK he has a actual dedicated coder on the team now, so maybe reworking the save system will be high on his TODO list.

• Hey there
Reactions: APoc1 and chunkas

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
Really? As development choices go that is bizarre.

Seems like this is a Unity thing though.
Its a Dev be lazy thing or more likely didn't want to figure out how to do it.

It's not a unity thing. This is the only game I played that did this and I played a bunch of unity games.
I have played several that do this but I agree most Unity Devs don't use the reg. as a save location its not best practices for sure.

All these years? How many more years would have taken for Uber to revise and correct the save system? I think he is first and foremost an artist, he has always struggled with code and strictly speaking he can be excused for not seeing it needed something better, it's a VN (it's delusions of being a sandbox not withstanding), the number of variables it needs to track are negligible, I agree it would be better reworked (which could potentially fix several of the persistent bugs), but on balance between the amount of time it would have taken for him to actually do the work and the amount of time it takes to do a workaround is significant (another reason you need a mentor, he'd have spotted earlier the false economy of workarounds vs doing the job right in the first place).

But AFAIK he has a actual dedicated coder on the team now, so maybe reworking the save system will be high on his TODO list.
We can only pray he does fix the save issues along with all the other bugs we have been answering questions about for the last 4 years. Unfortunately Uber has to view it as an "Issue" other wise the coder is likely to be powerless to change it.

The coder winds up being a resource that Uber will use most likely to continue new content and not task him with fixing old code. I really hope Uber see's the light so to speak , we can hope...

• Hey there
Reactions: Stil996

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I can quote myself from 2020..

I will quote the same post again after 3 more years..
Who cares if games like this are ever finished? Once a developer is "finished" they don't add more content for the game. I like continued content. Whether you like the series or not, shows like "Simpsons" and "South Park" have been creating content for over decades -- why can't video games do the same?

As long as the content continues (whether 4 times per year, twice per year, once per year, whatever) that's alright in my book.

Perpers

May 13, 2018
Thanks for your advice guys, right now the save files are working , If anyone wants to now I had to follow this guide ( ) from the Microsoft forums. Everything seems normal by now and hopefully my SSD doesn't crash and burn in the next few days hahaha

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Thanks for your advice guys, right now the save files are working img, If anyone wants to now I had to follow this guide (guide) from the Microsoft forums. Everything seems normal by now and hopefully my SSD doesn't crash and burn in the next few days hahaha
Yup, that option has been discussed in this thread several times in the past. Congrats for getting it to work for you. As a reminder, notes to anyone who decides to fuck around with their Windows Registry:
  • Don't blindly follow advice about tinkering around in your Windows Registry. You wouldn't follow a stranger's advice about replacing the transmission on your car without doing your own research
  • This may cause problems with gameplay and saves if you attempt to mess around your computer's registry to see if you can get saves from other versions of the game to work with a different version
  • If you mess around in the Windows Registry without knowing what you are doing - accidentally deleting or moving things around - you can brick your computer and require you to reset your computer and format hard drive to reinstall windows
Since the saves in any current or older version won't be transferrable to the next version(s) when released in the not too distant future -- as Ottoeight says, "don't waste your time." Uberpie has provided a preloaded save at new content in all but two of the versions of this game. The two times Uberpie hasn't, it's because of changes in variables, structure, or the like and everyone plays from the beginning.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Guys i need y'all help, i cant seem to find this task
they are all easy to find with google if you type the exact phrase,
but if all you want are clues
  • The phone in your room is excellent for calling people
  • The Ice Skating rink is at the mall
  • Only one person ever buys cum from you

Reactions: amsousa95
3.50 star(s) 351 Votes