Pg777

Feb 28, 2023
Does anyone have save just before the becca and clara storage room find the key in princioal office task? Please im stuck in storage there is no back button nothing and i dont have the previous save

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Does anyone have save just before the becca and clara storage room find the key in princioal office task? Please im stuck in storage there is no back button nothing and i dont have the previous save
There is no such thing as a save file to share - data is written to your Windows Registry.

Searching the thread would have popped up several posts with your situation as a topic. Copied from #25,912, as an example:
You will need to reload a save because after you retrieve the key, the game automatically puts you in the school hallway expecting you to go down to the storage closet to check on Clara and Becca. Going anywhere else can create the situation like you just described. It's a combination of the developer not coding the player directly to the storage door and the player not simply going where they are supposed to go within an active route.​

Since you have not created save spots in a VN/game that is in development - you will most likely need to start back at the beginning. I recommend saving in a new slot every morning the MC wakes up. There are 160 save slots available and based upon the average playthrough of v0.89.8 - that's enough for the entire playthrough of that version. At the minimum, you should consider rotating through 3 to 9 save slots simulating one of the long-standing backup schemes used in computer data retention (Grandfather, Father, Son backups).

Sorry you have to learn this way - but save early, save often.

Pg777

Feb 28, 2023
There is no such thing as a save file to share - data is written to your Windows Registry.

Searching the thread would have popped up several posts with your situation as a topic. Copied from #25,912, as an example:
You will need to reload a save because after you retrieve the key, the game automatically puts you in the school hallway expecting you to go down to the storage closet to check on Clara and Becca. Going anywhere else can create the situation like you just described. It's a combination of the developer not coding the player directly to the storage door and the player not simply going where they are supposed to go within an active route.​

Since you have not created save spots in a VN/game that is in development - you will most likely need to start back at the beginning. I recommend saving in a new slot every morning the MC wakes up. There are 160 save slots available and based upon the average playthrough of v0.89.8 - that's enough for the entire playthrough of that version. At the minimum, you should consider rotating through 3 to 9 save slots simulating one of the long-standing backup schemes used in computer data retention (Grandfather, Father, Son backups).

Sorry you have to learn this way - but save early, save often.
Thanks bro

Reactions: Count Morado

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Is this latest version going to be updated to allow previous saves? If not then I'm done.....not going to re-do all that effort again (for the second time)
You're done. Taffy Tales has never had saves carry over. Not since day one and based upon their new direction to make things into "Seasons", they never will.

That said, except for the v0.82.4 / v0.85.1 release - every version that needed to have an option to start at the new content for that release has had a preloaded save that was unlocked with a code so that people didn't need to start from day one. For v0.82.4 / v0.85.1, the new content was mostly blended into the beginning of the story, including new characters introduced and revising how and when certain tasks occurred and so a previous save was not included.
  • Releases:
    • v0.01 (Originally, "Family Tales")
    • v0.5.2
    • v0.8.1
    • v0.10.5
    • v0.14.3
    • v0.17.0
    • v0.22.0
    • v0.47.5
    • v0.68.2
    • v0.82.4 / v0.85.1
    • v0.89.8 (Seasons 1-4 - all the available content up through this version, all of which is considered only a single route at this time*)
    • v0.95.7 (Season 5 - only has new content, starting after the events of v0.89.8, split into the Main and Netorare (NTR) routes)
  • Stand-alones:
    • 2019 Halloween Special
    • 2019 Christmas Special
      • Color Codes:
        • Save provided to start at new content
        • No save necessary to start at new content (stand-alone, self-contained, or other reason)
        • No save to start at new content, have to restart

If a person has never played Taffy Tales before (or hasn't played in a long time), they should play v0.89.8 from day one, first - they can ignore any previous version... at this time.*

After completing v0.89.8, they can then start at the beginning of v0.95.7 to complete their current playing experience of Taffy Tales.

* It appears the developer will break down all the content in v0.89.8 into 4 Seasons, eventually, to separate the Main Route and develop the Netorare (NTR) Route - which means that if they want to play those separate routes at that time, they will need to start at the beginning of each of the Seasons they wish to do so.

Last edited:

DX-23-VH

Jan 12, 2022
Can someone help me, I want the key that the director has, I do everything right but I can't get the key, any advice? When I finish everything and take out the last one, the director appears and takes me out of his office

1691018705837.png

Last edited:

B4STARD

Feb 17, 2022
One thing just came to my mind that the dev just left a posibility in an early update of this game that the player can choose the path of the teacher's story, the classic blackmail or romance choice, and after so many days this seemed been abandoned, and he just started a new season with 2 routes.
Im not complaining this update though i still feel that stroy line is not good, I thought he didnt make this beacuse he doesn't want something forcing you to play the game one more time, but this update shows it's not the thing.
damn I'm really curious about how would the romance route go with that tough woman with my red dude around:KEK:

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
One thing just came to my mind that the dev just left a posibility in an early update of this game that the player can choose the path of the teacher's story, the classic blackmail or romance choice, and after so many days this seemed been abandoned, and he just started a new season with 2 routes.
Im not complaining this update though i still feel that stroy line is not good, I thought he didnt make this beacuse he doesn't want something forcing you to play the game one more time, but this update shows it's not the thing.
damn I'm really curious about how would the romance route go with that tough woman with my red dude around:KEK:
I'm pretty sure we are already on the "romance" route, if we chose to become her dealer, we'd have to figure out a way to get a steady supply of drugs... which likely means making friends with Darnel...

I don't think her end game romance route would be much different from Gerda, once she gets passed the withdrawal she just be another cock hungry milf.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
guys where to place all the cameras 89.8b there is no shower cabin what to do how to be tell me plis???
This is a point-and-click VN - if you move your mouse around a room, places to click get highlighted. That said - using the search function on any page of this thread would have given you the answer as well... see #28,310

Reactions: ZUBiDAM

Acishian

Dec 29, 2019
I just started and its great but the part where you change characters has to be the worst part of the game. Please tell me its only temp and i no longer have to look at peter on the top left.

Reactions: Gizmogobum

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Is this latest version (V.095.7 - chapter 5) going to be updated to allow previous saves?
If not then I'm done.....not going to re-do all that effort again (for the second time)
I already told you the answer (#30,093) to this nearly exact same question you typed yesterday (#30,092). Are you going to post the same question every day for some reason?
I just started and its great but the part where you change characters has to be the worst part of the game. Please tell me its only temp and i no longer have to look at peter on the top left.
Yes, it's only that section of the game - the developer abandoned that game mechanic after the one single update he gave it a try.

hasslethehoff

Jun 13, 2020
Its been months since i last checked on this thread and im surprised to see this game and a lot of others are either finished or almost complete, very cool to see a lot of progress everywhere.

Reactions: L0b0ts

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
WHY the stupid reactions? It's a perfectly sensible question.....Is chapter 5 a standalone with no references to the previous four chapters and so we will never use the saves we have from 089B? I have not seen a full response to this question though I've seen it asked a couple of times.
In the developer notes it says "Forewarning! Any save files from any previous version of the game are not compatible currently! " - but that does not immediately say it will be possible later
What stupid reactions? this question has been asked a lot and answered a lot, and you still ask... twice no less #30,092 & #30,101 Count Morado has already answered your first post directly #30,093
There is no reason for saves to be transferable at this point because everything is linear, there is nothing in your old playthrough that is worth bringing into the new game, just like there was nothing that wouldn't be in the savecode for previous versions.

As for the future who knows, you'll have to ask Uber that and he isn't here.

white_remorse

Dec 3, 2021
I have a stupid question, If I'm new to the game, should I download and play chapter 1-4 first or the first 4 chapter is already included in the chapter 5 version?

3.50 star(s) 351 Votes